Wednesday, 16 September 2015

That butterfly stencil and stamp set again ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I think it is obvious to everyone how much fun I am having playing with both my stencils and stamps right now.  I wanted to try out some new, cheap-ish, brush stroke colouring pens I purchased the last time we went out and here it is …

 
Love the lush, warm, rich colours! 
  
So much fun, the next time I use one of my leaves I'll take a before and after photo to share
 
Love my new Stamplorations stamps!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Cards und More Challenge #141 No DP/DSP
Craft Stamper Magazine Challenge Take It Make AG with a Stamp
Mixed Media World Challenge #7 AG autumn colours 
Papertake Weekly Challenge Animal Magic
Scrapbook Blessings Club Challenge AG Optional Twist: Favourite Technique
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Your Favourite Technique
I love every and all techniques because I love learning and creating
I love creating my own backgrounds and embellishing them with stamped elements
 Stamplorations Stamps Link for sharing Stamplorations Stamps & Masks creations
Stamplorations Stencil Sunday #10 Mixed Media Challenge 


First off I attached the stencil and using the pens I traced around the butterflies on the stencil and added colour with yellow, green and a little orange.  I grabbed a paintbrush and pot of water and blended the coloured lines out and in, then I left it to dry whilst I was playing with a different stencil, yep I have many stencilled and stamped projects on the go at the moment.  The colours weren’t as rich as I hoped so I grabbed the stencil and Washi tape again and using Adirondack and Distress ink pads added more colour where I wanted it.   I sprayed the colours and left it to one side to dry.  Once dry I attached it to a tag and grabbed my Sakura sparkle pen to add a little sparkle here and there.  I used the butterfly stamp to stamp butterflies onto the reverse of the left over BG snippets, sprayed the stamped butterflies with water and left to dry before fussy cut them. 

A while ago I purchased what I thought were fabric leaves from The Works as I thought they would look good on some of my projects.  When I got home and opened the packet I was really disappointed to find that they were plastic like, not sure if they are plastic but they really looked it.  So I played with the leaves and my acrylic paints.  I love the end result and think they look much more natural now!

Once everything was dry I started to attach it to the tag.  I'll give you all a heads up with this because I think I'm going to be creating more tags.  They are great for experimentation and I don’t have to worry about storage I'm not planning on making them ultra fussy or thick lol!

I have candy that is open world wide to new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post with the link you need to go here.   Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x



17 comments:

Carol said...

A gorgeous autumnal tag Karen, love the grungy finish. Carol x

Shery said...

My kind of tag and colors! Love the autumn feel you created in this tag, Karen -- it's gorgeous, and great job on making that leaf work -- it does look natural! Hugs!

Taunya Butler said...

Pretty colors and I love the way this blended and so awesome!!!

Michelle said...

So pretty! I love the Autumn colors! Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

SARN said...

Very pretty autumnal tag.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Barb said...

Your tag is gorgeous Karen. Beautiful rich colours and I enjoyed reading how it all came together. Barbxx

Gio said...

Marvellous colours! Thank you for joining us at the Craft Stamper Challenge :-)

Team Clark said...

What a beautiful tag with such great layers, color, and dimension!

Julie B said...

Such a bright and colourful tag Karen. I love the autumnal colours and the echo of the butterflies, the last ones of summer were flitting across my garden yesterday in the sun.
Thanks for sharing with us at Cards und More. :)

Nancy said...

Gorgeous tag, Karen! Wonderful technique!
Thanks for joining us at Scrapbook Blessings Club! :o)

Carol said...

Me again! Just to say thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations Mixed Media challenge this month. Carol DT x

Jane said...

This is such a lovely tag!! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
Jane x

Linda said...

A gorgeous tag! Love the autumn colours. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

Tinchen said...

great Card very nice Backgroundeffect.
Thanks for joining us at card und more challenge
regrads Tinchen

Ellie Knol said...

LOVE these colors!
Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge ... good luck!
xxx Ellie Knol xxx

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

I love autumn colors {we don't have fall season where I live though so I can only envisage the beauty of autumn}. Your tag is sensational Karen, I so love it! Thank you again for joining the STAMPlorations September August Mixed Media Challenge. Hope to see you again soon this month!
Hugs&Smiles,
Asmah
STAMPlorations Mixed Media DT
Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

Deborah Wainwright said...

Really beautiful Karen thanks for playing along with us at MMW hugs Debs X