Monday, 14 September 2015

That was a lousy week & weekend ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors I hope your week has started well please accept my big apologies for being absent for so long.  We had planned that I would be posting my creations that I had created especially for challenges on Thursday or Friday, the why not are below, for now I want to share this with you before the link closes …

 
a pretty card 
loving the splats 
 
the embellishments
a final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges





Last month I was able to purchase some Stamplorations stamps and stencils.  This is the stencils first airing, NBUS stencils they are!  I created this background was created with one my new stencils, new watercolour paper and new brush tip pens and they are all NBUS too!  As are the embellishments: I have owned them for a long time and for some reason not used them before.  I am trying to remember to use these and others on my creations.  I have been playing with the stencils since they arrived, apart from a couple of days when I was too ‘fluey-fied’!  Love these stencils and love the new techniques that I am trying right now.  You will be seeing more of my stencilled creations in future.

What started out the weekend before last as blocked sinuses turned into a full blown nasty cold.  I’m still sniffing and as weak as a kitten.  I had planned to organise, put away, bin or recycle my stash and that didn’t come to pass. 

Even worse for me was the fact that the much looked forward to family visit on Saturday had to be cancelled.  I know my family would not be happy with me if I passed on this cold so it was a good decision in the end.  I know I was ill though because I started to cry and did so for another thirty minutes after.  I hate getting colds, viruses or anything these days.  The drugs I have to take to control the RA constantly weaken my immune system and every time I catch a cold or virus the stuffing is knocked out of me and it takes two weeks to recover once I feel like it’s completely gone.

DH did get the bookcase in and attached to a wall in my craft room so that is, at least, one piece of good news.  My plan to organise, put away, bin or recycle is on hold at the moment.  I won’t be able to do much until I’m back to my usual health.  I don’t like working in a messy space, lol, although I have absolutely no problem creating the mess every time I go in there. 

I have candy that is open world wide to new and old Followers.  I would love it if my current Followers were to add their name too, for the post with the link you need to go here.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x







Tools & Supplies
Die Cutting Machine & Dies: Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Whimsy word die

Stencil: Stamplorations butterfly stencil

Miscellaneous Tools: paint brushes; pot of water

Card Paper: watercolour paper; A4 300gsm card to create base; snippets for die cut word

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: WH Smith brush pens

Embellishments: pink fabric crown #; dress with hanger #; pink bow *

Adhesives/Mediums: double sided tape; Collall sticky glue; Washi tape (to attach the stencil)

# VOS & NBUS and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old
* gift from my lovely friend Claire

13 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Oh Karen I hope you feel much better soon, there are some nasty bugs doing the rounds already and we are only just in to Autumn. I'm sure your family will understand and you can look forward to another planned get-together. Take care,
Lorraine

Kelly Deal said...

I love this card Karen! So pretty!

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Karen, so pretty. Sorry to hear you've been ill and hope you're feeling better soon. Carol x

Taunya Butler said...

Hope life is treating you better now - This is beautiful and SO pretty in pink!!!

StirYourCreativity said...

I loved that embossing on the dress. Colors on the card are so pretty!!!!

SARN said...

I hope you are feeling better now Karen.

The project you're showing here is wonderful.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

A lovely card Karen - love the pink and the dress is adorable!

Poor little chick, colds are bad enough without everything else you have to cope with. Here's wishing you well really soon - and a big white cuddle fro Parsnip :)

Hugs

Di xx

Barb said...

I do hope you'll soon be better and feeling stronger Karen. Your cards are lovely and what great colours you've used for your backgrounds. Barbxx

Louise said...

i'm loving your card. The background looks wonderful. Sorry to hear you are feeling poorly x

Pawsitively Creative said...

I do hope you are feeling better dearie and have got more strength now. Your dress form card creation is lovely and whomever recieved it will love it as well. Glad to her that your DH put up for shelving for you to use and organize. Hugz!~Niki

Buttons said...

Loving that inky background! Sorry to hear you've been poorly though. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

scrapfantazje said...

Thank you so much for joining our challenge! Good luck :)
Marzena
Card Mania DT

Darnell J Knauss said...

This is just an amazing work of art, Karen! I can't stop staring at it! I'm sorry to hear that you were suffering from a nasty cold, but I'm hoping by now that you are better and your head is free of nasty snot!! Thank you for playing in my NBUS Challenge #5 ~ so long ago! I’m sorry that my nursing duties have delayed me in coming by to thank you before now. Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell