Thursday, 22 October 2015

A card for a change ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well and I can’t believe it’s almost the weekend again!  I am trying not to post tags every day so when I saw a challenge about flowers I thought let’s have a break from my tag experiments, although creating this card was me experimenting with my AquaTints again lol, here it is …

   
Yes an A6 tent fold again 
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
As You Like It Challenge bright/pastel & why I use bright colours because they’re  uplifting
 Avenue 613 Challenge #146 Anything Goes
Love to Scrap Challenge LTSCB64 Anything Goes
 Spectrum Noir Facebook Challenge October use orange &/or grey
Stamplorations Stamps Flash Fall Flowers Linky
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #206 Anything Goes


I know I mentioned in the posts for the two cards I created using the current sketch at Stamplorations how much I love it.  So last night I played with the sketch again but with a lot of yellow, bright orange and brown.  Blue, red, pink, burnt orange and green are my usual go to colours and I don’t often use yellow or brown: happy I did though.

I think learning the techniques used on Tim Holtz tags and seeing the gorgeous mixed media creations are influencing the colours I am starting to use.  The difference between what I create now to what I tried to create back when grunge and distress became very fashionable is amazingly different lol!  When I first tried all those grunge techniques I hated what I created because it was dark brown and flat.  I’ve learnt to edit with colour, and not just brown, but with other colours and the look of my projects too.  Huge thanks to all you lovely artists for teaching and inspiring me so much.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x 








Tools
Stamp: Stamplorations:  5” x 6” Trendy butterflies; Stamp Lab Large Helenium stamp
Stencil:  Tim Holtz layering stencil: wood grain
Miscellaneous Tools: paint brushes; pot of water; pipettes; palette

Supplies
Card Paper: 300gsm card to create base; white card snippets for stamping and colouring
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Perfectly Primary & Beautiful Grunge; Ranger Perfect Pearls powder Pearl
Adhesives/Mediums: Washi tape (stencil); Collall all purpose glue


14 comments:

Mrs A. said...

This is beautiful Karen. I love the cornflower blue with the oranges and yellow base. Like how you have separated the stamp into 3 sections. The eye is drawn to it much more that way. Hugs Mrs A.
p.s. got side tracked with Tim's video of his studio and how he made the Zombie tag.

rachel said...

Beautiful - I love it - a really gorgeous make karen - and thanks so much for your kind words!!! Hugs rachel x

Carol said...

Another beautiful card Karen, the colours look fabulous. Carol x

Carole Robb Bisson said...

It seems that you enjoyed making this very beautiful card. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 206th AG challenge! Blessings and Hugs, Carole

SARN said...

Such a lovely looking card Karen. Great layout and lovely inkiness. xxx

Barb said...

Wow this is lovely Karen. What a beautiful depth of rich colours. Barbxx

Di said...

Fabulous Karen! LOVE how you split the image, I've fogotten the name of the techique, it works wonderfully for the fabulous flower here.

Hugs

Di xx

Sally H said...

Gorgeous Tag, Karen. Love the wood grain and the colours

NGCARDS said...

This is a beautiful creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a very striking combination of colour Karen, love the triple image design, works very well with this image. Thanks for playing along at AYLI this week.
Lorraine DT

Karen Letchworth said...

This is lovely, Karen. Super creative and beautiful colors as well. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us this week. I hope that you will stop by to play along with us again soon.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Heather said...

Very pretty! Love your water colored flowers. The color combo really makes them pop! Thanks for playing with LTSCB.

Taunya Butler said...

Impressive - cool card with a fun style to it!!!

Sarah said...

Love the design of your gorgeous card. Very bright and beautiful!! Thank you for playing at AYLI!!