Thursday, 29 October 2015

A sketch and farewell to summer ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  So nearly at the weekend and the end of the month too!  I’m attempting to use pre stamped images and the backgrounds I’ve created through the year up.  Luckily for me I have several of these butterflies stamped and embossed and a couple of the sentiments too.  Using them also meant I could enter some more challenges too: yay!  So here is the card I have to share…

  
An A6 card 
Yummy autumn colours with summer flowers 
A final look


Created for me and especially for these Challenges
I used the sketch, followed the colour scheme but used them a bit lighter, 
and added a lot of daisies to my card
I chose the Technique Theme to use my stamps and some Halloween Colours
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Throwback: August 2015 Home Grown
Spectrum Noir Facebook Challenge October use orange &/or grey
The Shabby Tea Room #262 colours & patterns


One thing I need to remember to do in future is make a note of what product I’ve used to create the BGs.  I’m lucky with this one because I knew the base layer was created with Spectrum Noir AquaTints as I don’t have those colours in any of my other inks or paints!  The card I created the BG with was a rejected piece of card that got a tad mucky and I’ve found I can add colour to those so that any of my inky finger prints can be hidden.  I created paints with the SNATs by mixing a little Perfect Pearls into the watered down ink and that gives an awesome shimmer to the page and the shine is softer than when I use my H2O colours.

I also got to use some old flowers, dangles and ribbons as well as lots of snippets from my created by me background snippets.  It feels good using them up and making my hoard a little smaller each time lol! 

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp: Inspired by Stamping Butterflies stamp set

Miscellaneous Tools: Tonic butterfly punch; heat gun; paintbrushes; pot of water; pipettes; palette

Supplies
Card Paper: 300 gsm white card for base; snippets Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Snow White Accents card for butterfly, sentiment, base layer panel and Brusho layer

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Spectrum Noir Perfectly Primary AquaTints, Ranger Perfect Pearls Pearl, WOW EP: blue sparkle

Embellishments: WOC daisies & stems #; ribbon #

Adhesives/Mediums: Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape


# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 7 years old


13 comments:

Carol said...

A beautiful card and sentiment Karen. Carol x

Joanna M - Inspired by Stamping said...

This is sooooo beautiful Karen! Thank you so much for sharing this with me! Hugs, Joanna

Taunya Butler said...

This card is amazing and I love all those daisies and the butterfly is gorgeous!! What a cool sentiment/verse you have for this card!!! So excellent!!

StirYourCreativity said...

Wow the card is so beautiful

Di said...

Fabulous card Karen and what a perfect sentiment too! The daisies are sp sweet as well - an all round great card.

Hugs

Di xx

Barb said...

Hi Karen, What an absolutely beautiful card. Love your butterfly and those sweet daisies and what a lovely sentiment. Barbxx

SARN said...

WOW . . . that is one luscious card with glorious autumnal colours Karen. Love it xxx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Karen, you've made sucha gorgeous card, the colours are wonderful as is that butterfly, Kate x

jenn shurkus said...

beautiful card! the embellishments are fabulous! thank you for playing with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

rachel said...

such a pretty card Karen - a lovely make! Hope you have a lovely weekend! Take it easy! Hugs rachel x

Mynn Kitchen said...

Beautiful, Karen! I LOVE the colors you used--and all the gorgeous blooms you added! The butterfly and sentiment are perfectly framed with them! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Tracey said...

Such a pretty card....love the sentiment! Thanks for sharing this with us in The Shabby Tea Room!

Rebecca Ednie said...

Nice to see that someone besides me did a non-Halloween card! Very lovely! Thank you for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room. i hope to see you play along again next week!