Monday, 26 October 2015

A very distressed tag ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week has started well.  We had a quiet weekend, thankfully, I had a fall so may not be around much this week other than to just post and link.  
I promise not to share so many tags in one go next month lol!  I need to push myself a bit creating different projects and cards for the next two months and I am hoping they won’t all be tags and that they won’t all be about Christmas cards or Christmas tags!  So far this month, October, for me was all about texture, distressing and tags.  Creating projects in a way I have not created before and learning how far I can push myself with texture, colour and the distressed look whilst liking or loving the end result.  A fabulous Eureka moment was learning that I don’t hate the colour brown.  I prefer bold, rich and bright colours but learnt that by using brown I can control my use of colour so that it doesn’t become too bright or garish.  So here is my very distressed style October tag … 

 
I went very dark and very textured! 
I love these leaves! 
Embossing paste and gold EP: love it!
The texture is so very gorgeous!

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Country View Crafts Challenge #32 Add Texture
Fashionable Stamping Challenge #104 Changing Seasons: autumn leaves are falling
Fussy & Fancy Challenge #150 Orange, Black or Purple
Love to Create Challenge #22 Anything Mixed Media


Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Throwback: January 2015 Inky Background
 Spectrum Noir Facebook Challenge October use orange &/or grey
That Craft Place Challenge Anything Goes Mixed Media
WOW Embossing Powder Challenge Anything Goes not a card


I am still a MM newbie/student/trainee because I’ve only really got into that at the beginning of this year.  Last year I started to feel like I was in a non stop loop: I had been creating the same style for a long time.  I recently found out that some of my buddies call my creations CAS lol!  I’ve never considered myself to be a CAS card artist so I was shocked to hear that one lol!

I had started to become bored with crafting and my new way of creating has been a real bonus because I’m not bored and I am out of my old comfort zone.  This is the first time I’ve created something so distressed and still liked it.   I assumed I would hat it but err, um, I don’t hate it I love it!  The bold bright colours still pop yet it is obviously distressed.  EUREKA!  I actually don’t mind that the OH doesn’t like it because I didn’t create this for him I made it for me to see if I could do it lol! 

My huge thanks go to those talented MM artists out that who have inspired and helped me by sharing their skills.  I have realised that I am a crafter with schizophrenic tendencies lol!  I love my pretty, clean and sometimes CAS style projects but I also love this new mixed media stuff too.  I finally feel that I’m no longer pinned in to create a certain style or look and that my lovelies is unbelievably freeing.   Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:  Sheena Douglass A Little Bit Sketchy A6 Autumn Leaves stamp set; Stamplorations 4” x 6” Trendy Butterflies stamp set; unknown dotty background stamp

Stencil: Artplorations Droplets stencil

Miscellaneous Tools: heat tool; paint brushes; pot of water; paint palette; palette knife

Supplies
Card Paper: Crafter’s Companion A4 Centura Pearl Snow White Accents card cut to create a tag; snippets white card from other projects

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Versamark IP; Spectrum Noir Perfectly Primary AquaTints; WOW: gold & verdigris EP; Dreamweaver Bronze Embossing Paste #

Embellishments: wide ribbon and bow recycled from a pack of bedding

Adhesives/Mediums: double sided tape; Collall all purpose glue

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old

13 comments:

Taunya Butler said...

So much lovely texture and dimension on this - lovely and bursting with rich color!!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I love all the texture of the embossing paste, and those gorgeous leaves! The butterflies are a nice touch! I have not been able to do much MM myself but I love to look at it - one of these days I will learn how to do this!

debby4000 said...

Beautiful tags, love the texture you've created.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

rachel said...

a wonderful tag karen. great texture! thanks for joining us at countryviewchallenges and good luck. hugs xx

Barb said...

Those colours are lush. A beautiful tag. Barbxx

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Love that gold inbetween the darker autum colours! Cool tag, Karen! Thanks for joining our challenge again this month - nice to see you there :)

cheryl Baker said...

OH This is brilliant the colours design and texture I just love bless you for playing at That Craft place this week hugs Cherylxxxxx

Beth Brovold said...

Oh this is fabulous...love all the technique and gorgeous colours!! Thank you for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy! Good luck!
Take care,
Beth

Esther said...

It's exciting to take steps out of our usual style and so easy to become stuck in a rut...glad you are enjoying experimenting with MM...your tag is lovely, such rich colours and just the right level of distress ! love the yummy coloured leaves, perfect for our Changing seasons challenge...thanks so much for sharing with us at FSC...Esther xx

butterfly said...

Great autumnal shimmer... Thanks for playing along at Country View Challenges.
Alison x

ionabunny said...

Love all the yummy texture. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

Michelle said...

Lovely tag, Karen. Beautiful texture! Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

Yvonne Garner said...

Love all the yummy textures! Thank you for sharing with us at FSC!