Thursday, 1 October 2015

Add Texture and/or use the Colour Pallette at House of Cards Challenge ...

  

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  The beginning of the month means that it's a new challenge at House of Cards Monthly Challenge.  We have a choice for you this month, you can add or create texture on your card or you can use the colour choice or you can do both.  Being me I typically wanted to use both, lol, and here is my card which I hope will inspire you …

  
First up I must apologise - I had issues photographing this card because the gold paint is so reflective.  I had to photograph the card at different angles because of the reflection from the gold paint.
  
So much texture!
And this is how rich that gold is when you move the card 
A final look, the texture and the gold paint create a lovely rich autumn colour pallette


I’m very lucky and grateful because I can enter the following challenges
 Deep Ocean Challenge #113 Autumn
 Lisa B Designs Challenge Projects made with Acrylic Paint backgrounds
Little Claire Stamps Challenge #61 autumn theme and colours 
Mixed Media World Challenge MMW#7 Anything Goes with Autumn Colours 
Papertake Weekly Challenge Take Your Pick: I chose the colours and heat embossing
 Uniko Stamps Challenge Autumn/Fall


Please go on over and see the details for the challenge.  You can see what the other talented Design Team members created by clicking on these:
G2: Donna; Katy;Lillian; Em
G3: Tammy; Toni;Linda; Dotty
G4: Rocky; Monika R; Ruza; Lisa


Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x









Tools & Supplies
Stamp: Sheena Douglass A Little Bit Sketchy A6 stamp set

Die Cutting Machine & Dies: Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Tim Holtz Sizzix Tattered Floral die

Miscellaneous Tools: pencil and ruler; paintbrushes; pot of water

Card Paper: Crafters Companion A4 Centura Snow White Pearl Accent card; white card snippets for die cutting and to create the panel of the card

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: The Works Crawford & Black: White Acrylic paint; The Works acrylic paints; Luna Lights watercolour paint #; gold embossing powder #

Embellishments: gingham ribbon #; The Works leaves

Adhesives/Mediums: Versamark IP; double sided tape; glue gun; Pritt stick

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min 7 years old



34 comments:

Kirsten Alicia Sheridan said...

A lovely autumn project! Thank you for joining the Lisa B Designs challenge.

Rocky said...

Wow Karen! That paint effect is amazing, must try that one. Love the card at all angles!!!

Merethe Arstein said...

Wow love all your fall leafs and the embossing on it.
Fun to see what you other girls have made.
(✿*‿*) Ma
Teamie HOC
http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

rachel said...

beautiful colours and textures - I adore the leaves Karen - gorgeous! Hugs rachel x

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is so beautiful! I love those leaves! Gorgeous!

Hettie said...

I likie, a lot!!
Love the colours, but then I love the colours of autumn.
xx

Jinny Newlin said...

Wow-wee! Talk about texture, girl! This is stunning! Great techniques, and the palette is so full of fall!

Sara Barker said...

Very pretty! I'm loving those leaves, and wow! It's a different card from each angle! Hugs!

froebelsternchen Susi said...

A fantastic autumnal project is this! Thank you for joining Try It On Tuesday with it! oxo Susi

Jane said...

Well there is definitely texture on your leaves, they look fabulous. Thanks for playing at Uniko.

Toni said...

Girl, those leaves look REAL! fab job!

Toni
HOC DT Teamie

Rainey's Craft Room said...

You've been very busy since I was here last Karen, I've had a few computer issues, but all sorted now thanks goodness. Now to catch up with everyone.
Lorraine

UTs Hobby Time said...

Awesome fall card. Love the embossed leaves.

Teresa Kline said...

hello Karen! wow, these are gorgeous, such amazing texture! I am thrilled you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Deborah Frings said...

Wow - this really has so much texture. I love the leaves. Nice to see the colours in different lights. Looks lovely. Thanks so much for playing along with our autumn theme at Uniko!

Mynn Kitchen said...

All that shine is just GORGEOUS, Karen! I love the fabulous texture you were able to achieve--and the layering and colors are glorious! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Karen, Your leaves are gorgeous with the beautiful textures and colour. Love them! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet comment, it's appreciated. I hope your day is going well, Shirleyxx

Judy V said...

Oh my, this is gorgeous Karen! Love all the texture you created! And the colors are fantastic!
Judy HOC Teamie

cheiron said...

Gorgeous leaves, wonderful texture and colors! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

sue t. said...

Those colors and paint job are way awesome!! Love them!

StirYourCreativity said...

I liked the way you have used leaves in the card. The colors are looking beautiful

Taunya Butler said...

Beautiful and full of the textures and feelings of Fall!
Splendidly done!

Beverley said...

Two beautiful artistic cards & such lovely autumnal colours. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

Donna said...

Gorgeous leaves and texture, fabulous technique! Donna HOC DT

vinita jain said...

So pretty with great textures, love those leaves!

Ingrid Kristina V said...

Wonderful autumna make! You've achieved some wonderful textures! Thank you very much for sharing it with us at Mixed Media World! Ingrid X

Greta said...

The texture is amazing & I love the gold!

MaryH said...

A wonderful blaze of autumn colors on these lovely textured leaves. They look splendid against the shine of the gold background, and love the touch of light blue flowers with all the autumn tones too. Hope you soon will be feeling much, much better. TFS & have a great Sunday

Michele Henderson said...

I love these terrific leaves and this fabulous texture! Each leaf looks like it's covered in a light frost, and it is beautiful! It totally reminds me of fall! Beautiful!
Take care!
Michele, HOC teamie

Barbara Rankin said...

Amazing card, and I really love all the texture you got by heating up the paint. What a fun technique! Hugs, Barbara HOC DT

Em Louise Fairley said...

This is gorgeous, Karen! Great tutorial too!
Hugs,
Em, HOC teamie

Shawna Standish said...

Hello Karen,
I just want to thank you for all your amazing comments on my blog and at HOC. I know I am quiet and do need to comment more often. Your beautiful comments have struck me down in awe, and sometimes even in tears, that someone would like my work as much as you do. Your comment on my peacock feather card was so nice. AND I was on Pinterest today and saw you have a board with my cards that inspire you.. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your encouragement. I didn't want it to go unnoticed or seem like I am ignoring you I just need to get better at commenting. My appreciation crosses over 'the pond' to you my friend. Thank you again for all you do for me and HOC.. We are lucky to have you and your talent...
Blessings,
Shawna HOC teamie

Dotty Jo x said...

Glorious colour and texture - what an autumnal beauty! Jo x

Monika Reeck said...

I just comment today its late teamie
I am sorry
now about your tutorial it is a stunning technique I never dont this
and thanks for sharing
your leaves look like a real one and the background with flowers STUNNING and now I am speechless so many texture on your adorable card
your talent is really show on your card Karen
you are so great at Mixed media card ...me not (its to much to do for me ach...)
love your tutorial and your post here
hugs, Monika (HOC teamie) see you maybe on my "this month" card...