Saturday, 31 October 2015

Happy All Hallows Eve ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was good and you have awesome weekend plans!  Another quiet one for us sadly I am still feeling the after effects of my tumble, grr, and I’ve not been able to create either, grr, thank goodness I still have OCD when it comes to my DT requirements lol!  Anyway it’s the last day of October and how the heck did that happen?!  I have a card to share with you today and here it is …
  
An A6 creation 
Lots of paint used on this one! 
  
Love this flower stamp and I remembered to use a NBUS die too!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
As You Like It Challenge bright/pastel & why: bright colours they’re uplifting 
Fussy & Fancy Challenge #151 Flowers  
    
You can see from the photograph that on Greta’s card the layout is fabulous
The flower is the star of her card so I followed the layout with the exception 
I put my topper on the LHS and I used bright colours

Stamplorations Stamps Link for sharing Stamplorations Stamps
Sweet Stampin' Challenge Dies &/or Punches
The Cat’s Pajamas Challenge TCPTUES302 Anything Goes 
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #207 Anything Goes


I got to use another of my created by me backgrounds and a snippet from this creation.  I created the background piece earlier this summer and I have to admit it was a real struggle to remember how I created it.  I was lucky because when the background was tilted I could see how I’d created it.  I used a snippet of bright green pearl paper, inked up my text stamp with Versamark IP and stamped it all over the paper stamp (the writing is there but it’s not readable and it’s why I adore this background stamp).  After it had dried I used my PaperArtsy stencil to dab the green acrylic paint through: quite a simple background but I love the little details that draw my eye in.  The flower was stamped onto a card snippet with distress ink and I coloured the petals and stems with distress ink too.  I coloured the centre of the flower with Perfect Pearls so it has a shimmer.  The sentiment was an NBUS die so it felt good to be using that one at last too.

The flower stamp is a favourite and a recent-ish purchase, I realised this week that as much as I like/love most colours I also have the same love for flower stamps.  I’ve realised that they have become my go to stamp and comfort zone.  I may, at some point, dare myself and not use a flower stamp for a week or two but I have an idea that will be too hard for me to do lol!

Wherever you are in the world I hope you have a happy, safe and wonderful Halloween celebration with lots of candy (if that’s your thing lol)!  Personally I have more of a weakness for stamps than I do for candy these days.  I will be back tomorrow with my first DT post for November.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x








 Tools
Stamp: Stamplorations Stamps: Stamp Lab Large Helenium stamp

Die Cutting Machine & Dies: Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Whimsy Stamps die #

Stencil: PaperArtsy 012 JOFY stencil

Miscellaneous Tools:  paint brushes; pot of water

Supplies
Card Paper: coloured by me card snippets for stamping, die cutting, stencilling; 300gsm card to create base

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Adirondack IP: Stonewashed #; The Works green acrylic paint; Ranger Perfect Pearls
               
Adhesives/Mediums: Versamark IP; Collall all purpose glue





# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 6 years old

11 comments:

Marilyn Webb said...

Wow, I love this card!! The colors are gorgeous!! Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week with Kraftin Kimmie Stamps.
hugs
Marilyn DT

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Karen, I love the pretty background you've created and the fab design. Carol x

rachel said...

sooo gorgeous Karen - I adore this - the flowers are so beautiful!!! Big hugs rachel x

Brenda said...

This is a wonderful card. I love the bright colors, especially the lovely happy green! Thanks you so much for playing along with use at As You Like It Challenge! Brenda

Jo Rice said...

A beautiful card, I love the stamped image and your background is fab. ?..hope you feel better soon...Thank you for joining us over at the Fussy and Fancy Challenge blog....Jo. X

Gayatri said...

Gorgeous card. Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge :)
Gayatri xx

Nancy Thomas said...

Gorgeous background and great image. Thank you for joining The Cat's Pajamas TCP Tuesday challenge.

mixamatoasties said...

Great card.

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'.

Susan

maria f. said...

That is a really beautiful CASE of Greta's card. I must admit I didn't recognize it at first glance, but that's what makes CASEing so interesting IMO. Thanks so much for joining us at CASEplorations.

Theresa Pace said...

love the paintiness here. great colours. thank you for joining us over at the FFFC and good luck, Theresa DT
craf-ther.blogspot.co.uk (personal blog)

Eileen said...

Love your choice of colours and gorgeous CAS design. Thanks for joining in with our 'Flowers' challenge at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge and good luck
Eileen x