Monday, 19 October 2015

Lots of rich autumn colours and texture too, I distressed big time ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was a good one and your week has started well.  I have a tag to share with you today and here it is …

 
The Tim Holtz stamp set was the limited edition for Simon Says and TH to kick off STAMPtember
  
Tim's Blueprint stamp and Butterfly stamp.  I've distressed more than I planned but I love it so you will be creating more mucky backgrounds like this in future
My little Stamplorations butterfly stamp is going to be used a lot
I am happy!

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
 Avenue 613 Challenge #146 Anything Goes
Country View Crafts Challenge #32 Add Texture: lots of texture
Crop Stop Challenge Blog #9 Link Party 
  Frilly & Funkie Challenge Autumn Splendour

I was inspired by the colour palette

Scrap & Craft Challenge #14 Colours of Autumn
Stamplorations Stamps Stencil Sunday Mixed Media Challenge


To celebrate the month of STAMPtember at Simon Says Stamps and I played along with one of the blog hops.  I was happy that I was lucky enough to be one of the winners.  It was a bonus, or cherry on top, as I had really enjoyed the hop.  The prize arrived last week; I’d thought I’d get some embellishments or something like that.  The squeal and big grin was priceless, lol, in fact OH was so happy to see it as I’m still having sinus issues and my back pain is bad which has kicked the winter depression worse than usual (I get S.A.D. every winter).  Although the pain was bad it’s always the depression that stops me crafting so much – I just get into a terrible downward spiral and because of that he was worried.  He was so happy to see me hobble into my craft room to immediately ink up the Blueprint stamps that I have wanted for some time.  

The Butterfly is from another new set of Tim’s stamps as I received a 30% off Tim Holtz stamps voucher and I persuaded DH that I need this stamp set because I don’t have enough butterfly stamps and the numbers stamp is going to coming in very handy.  He thought I had plenty of butterfly stamps and wondered why I wanted more lol!  Persons who do not stamp do not get the buzz that we craft addicts do with new stash lol!

The base layer for this tag is another experiment.  I was applying white acrylic paint through a stencil onto another piece of card.  Once I had that card covered like I wanted I carefully removed my stencil and put it to one side to clean.  It was at that moment when I looked down at the stencil that I had a ‘what if’ moment.  I tend to be frugal with a lot of my supplies and I wondered if I could transfer the paint on the stencil onto another piece of paper or card?  I grabbed my nearest snippet and lightly sprayed the stencil with water as the paint had already started to dry.  I put the vellum snippet down onto the stencil and rubbed from the back and the paint went onto the vellum.  I had created a distressed butterfly background with the butterflies being white and a positive image.  I will do that technique again lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamps:
Stamplorations Stamps 4” x 6” Trendy Butterflies stamp set
Simon Says Stamp and Tim Holtz Limited Edition STAMPtember 2015
Tim Holtz CMS213 Perspective stamp set

Stencil: Stamplorations

Miscellaneous:
Paint brushes; pot of water; heat gun; paint palette

Supplies
Card/Paper:
Crafters Companion A4 Centura Pearl Snow White Accents card & snippets
Tracing paper

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints Perfectly Primary
TH DIP: Black Soot
Black Pro Marker (for the wire for the butterfly)
The Works Crawford & Black: white acrylic paint

Embellishments:
Wire # (for the butterfly)

Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue
Double sided tape and funky foam to create my own foam pads

# VOS: at least 8 years old and no idea where I purchased it

16 comments:

Barb said...

Congratulations on your win Karen. I have some Tim Holz blueprint stamps but haven't used them nearly enough. Love your backgrounds and enjoyed reading about your lightbulb moment with the parchment and white paint.

Sorry you're not feeling your best. I find my spirits drop when the clocks change. The Spring is my favourite time of year. Have fun with your new stash. Barbxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I love the Autumn colours and butterfly elements Karen and the grungy, distressed effect. Thanks for joining in the challenge at 613 Avenue Create this week too.
Lorraine DT

rachel said...

lovely work Karen - I adore the colours - wonderful autumnal feel! Big hugs rachel x

Carol said...

What wonderful colours Karen, love this. Congrats on your win too. Carol x

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Suuuper cool tag, Karen! Thank you so much for entering it to our October challenge. Great use of our colours this month!

Jo said...

Ooh, Karen that's gorgeous.....fabulous colours!
hugs Jo x

SARN said...

Congratulations on your win Karen.

Your tag is wonderfully autumnal. Love it.

Hope you recover soon.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Buttons said...

Love this distressed Autumnal look Karen. Hope you are feeling better soon. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

Majo said...

Beautiful and so very warm. Love the layering of items :) Thanks so much for joining us at our monthly challenge at Rubber Dance Stamps!

Majo - DT ♥

Team Clark said...

Spectacular tag - just love the fall take you've gone with! So very beautiful and such amazing detail!

Carol said...

Just popped back to say thanks for joining the Stencil Sunday Mixed Media challenge at STAMPlorations this month. Carol x

Teresa Kline said...

hello Karen! super sweet, I luv the bold colors and the distressing..FAB! so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

ionabunny said...

Hi Karen, I was another one of Simon's lucky winners and also got this set. Big squeels. You inspire me to get it inked. Love your tag. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

Sue said...

I love this Karen, I've not seen this blueprint stamp before, but it's fab! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Country View Crafts, and have a good weekend. Sue xx

Georgie C said...

Love your butterfly on this, so delicate! Thanks for playing along at Frilly and Funkie xx

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Hey Karen, I got to love the butterflies. Love them so much and yours are looking fabulous. Gorgeous tag. Happy to see your entry again in the STAMPlorations October Mixed Media Challenge. Look forward to see you again any time soon this month :) Happy crafting Karen!
Hugs&Smiles,
Asmah
STAMPlorations Mixed Media DT
Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}