Friday, 30 October 2015

New stamp and very old stash ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I’ve another tag to share today that I created especially for several challenges and to try out a new stamp set and here it is …

 
More texture experiments: the feel of the different card and paper
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Butterfly Challenge #41 Butterflies & Numbers
Little Claire Stamps Challenge #62 favourite stamp:
Their Dinky flower stamp is my favourite flower stamp I love it!
                         Noor Design UK Challenge Blog #11 Halloween or Autumn
I love the colours of autumn so had to pick the autumn theme
Papertake Weekly Challenge Take Your Pick: 
I chose the Technique Theme to use my stamps as well as Halloween Colours
 Spectrum Noir Facebook Challenge October use orange &/or grey

 The Shabby Tea Room #262 colours & patterns

WOW Embossing Powder Challenge Anything Goes not a card


The background on is the last snippet of Spectrum Noir AquaTints that I coloured earlier this month when I found out what the challenge at Spectrum Noir was.  The stamped and embossed background is part one of my new stamp sets and I love the end result.  The butterflies were stamped onto white card snippets with AquaTints and put to one side to dry.  The flower is one of my top ten favourite flower stamps and this one is from Little Claire.  The stamped and embossed vellum is a snippet from another project and the stem, one flower and leaves were something that I recently found, I had forgotten about them, when I was sorting my craft room.  I know they were part of a paper kit but for the life of me I can’t remember when or where I purchased them (they must be eight years or more old).  I had to do a ‘google’ to find the name of this technique as I could not grasp it or connect it in my brain lol!  The flower stem, half flower and leaves were the push outs and I kept them to use as a layer – they were coloured with the AquaTints and they came from an Iris Folding kit.  I was into it for a short time but I can get very bored very quickly and that was the case this time.  Stamping and creating messy papers has always been the one thing that I have returned to.
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x








Tools
Stamp:  Tim Holtz CMS213 Perspective stamp set; Stamplorations 5” x 6” Trendy Butterflies stamp set; Little Claire Dinky flower stamp

Miscellaneous Tools: heat gun; paint brushes; pot of water; pipettes; palette

Supplies
Card Paper: snippets Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Snow White Accents card; snippet vellum #; very old Iris folding kit parts #

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Spectrum Noir AquaTints Perfectly Primary; WOW green EP

Embellishments: The Works pearl

Adhesives/Mediums: Versamark IP; Collall all purpose glue

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 7 years old

7 comments:

Di said...

Beautiful tag Karen and wonderful Autumn shades too!

Hugs

Di xx

SARN said...

I wholeheartedly agree with Di's comment above.

hugs, Sarn xxx

Lisa said...

Gorgeous! Beautiful flower. Thanks for joining us this week with the shabby tea room

Teresa Kline said...

hi Karen! what an amazing tag, I adore the orange and the sweet flower..so very cute! I am thrilled you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

I am having a giveaway on my blog for world kindness day, stop by and comment for your chance at winning!

http://paperieblooms.blogspot.com/2015/10/the-best-day-ever.html

sparkle & shine *~*

Carol said...

Another gorgeous tag Karen, love your new stamps. Carol x

Tracey said...

Fabulous tag....love the sentiment!Thanks for sharing this with us in The Shabby Tea Room!

Sandie Gough said...

Just perfect for our challenge hun! Sometimes a flower is just enough and wow you rocked the orange xx hugs
Thank you for joining us for this month’s challenge and we hope to see you next month at http://www.spectrumnoir.com/category/monthly-challenge/
Hugs,
Sandie
http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/
Proud to design for:
Spectrum Noir Education Design Team
Spectrum Noir Media Samples Design Team
Die’sire Design Team
That Craft Place Design Team
That Craft Place Colourist Design Team