Friday, 16 October 2015

Ombre and texture ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week’s going well we’re nearly at the weekend for those of you who have not been able to craft this week I hope you get a little inky time this weekend.  After typing and publishing my last DT post I started to go through the photographs of what I have created over the last couple of days and realised I am in the midst of a tag obsession lol!  So here is what I want to share with you today …

  
A tag that looks more orange than red lol! 
I love the texture that I can achieve with Sparkle Medium 
 
Lots of texture and I am loving this stamp set a lot!
A final look

Created for me and these Challenges:
Butterfly Challenge #40 Butterflies & E for Embossing
Country View Crafts Challenge #32 Add Texture: lots of lovely texture here!
Fan-Tastic Tuesday Challenge #197 Anything Goes with Autumn colours
 two butterfly stamps;  two reds; two ribbons
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Wonderful Watercolour
 Spectrum Noir Facebook Challenge October use orange &/or grey
Stamplorations Stamps Stencil Sunday Mixed Media Challenge
Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #266 Watercolour
WOW Embossing Powder Challenge Anything Goes not a card


I have a lot of snippets of watercolour card that I am doing my best to use up.  They are too small for card or canvas backgrounds but just about perfect for my tag experimentation.  I tried to achieve an ombre effect onto a piece of watercolour card and this one was the final piece where the effect didn’t show up as well as I hoped but it was still good to use for a background with some extra added tweaks.

The watercolour card was coloured with my SNATs.  I added a wash of water and then added the colours in this order: #12 red; then a wash of the red with water; then #11 and a final weaker colour – the effect looks better in real life!  So I used the richest red then a paler red and then the lighter red and a wash of the light red – which actually looks like orange lol!  I so hope that makes sense lol!  Once the background was dry I attached a stencil to it and used a baby wipe to remove some of the ink – creating a fake bleach background: which was what I wanted.  I heat set the tag before attaching the stencil once again and added some Imagination Crafts Sparkle Medium through the stencil.  I stamped and embossed the butterflies onto larger snippets and the smaller butterflies onto little snippets.  I added ribbon and those cute bows and it was done: simples.  Quick to create because the paper had already been coloured it just needed some more tweaking and I am a happy bunny.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this weekend  ttfn Karen x






Tools & Supplies
Stamp:  Stamplorations 4” x 6” Trendy Butterflies stamp set
Stencil: Artplorations Droplets stencil
Miscellaneous Tools: heat tool; paint brushes; pot of water; paint palette; palette knife
Card Paper: Crafter’s Companion A4 Watercolour Card cut to create a tag; snippets white card from other projects
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Versamark IP; Spectrum Noir Perfectly Primary AquaTints; WOW: silver EP; Imagination Crafts Diamond Sparkle Medium
Embellishments: ribbons and bows from my stash #
Adhesives/Mediums: double sided tape; Collall all purpose glue


# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old

13 comments:

Kim said...

Your tag is so pretty. The colors are so vibrant and i love the texture created with the embossing. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

Carol said...

What a gorgeous tag Karen, the colours are beautiful. Carol x
PS Thanks for joining us at Stencil Sunday too.

UTs Hobby Time said...

Gorgeous tag. Love the vibrant color and the pretty butterflies.

Barb said...

Your tag is gorgeous Karen and you butterflies too. Barbxx

vinita jain said...

Totally adorable and pretty with ombre look and love these butterflies! Thanks for joining at Butterfly challenge!

Eve Maynard said...

Hi Karen
oh these tags are just so pretty!
I love the texture and dimension. Thank you for sharing them at the playground.
Eve xx

cuilliesocks said...

Really beautiful Karen, lovely design ansd stamps, gorgeous colours too. Hope you are keeping a bit better, Hugs Kate x

SARN said...

Nothing wrong with a tag obsession IMHO!

This one is FABULOUS xxx

rachel said...

this is a gorgeous tag Karen - I love it! Tags are great - I seem to be in tag mode at the moment too!!! Hugs rachel x

Mrs A. said...

Super tag and love the row of litte bows that could be butterflies too. Great colours. I really like how this has turned out. Thsnkyou for sharing with us at Crafting From The Heart. hugs Mrs A.

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

If this is the beautiful kind of tag you make, I say carry on with your tag obsession! I really enjoyed seeing these and thought you put so many clever details into them. I really love the raindrops in the background and how you combined them with that gorgeous ombre effect. I also adore the way you made the horizontal divider and highlighted it with the pearly bows. You do such a great job of incorporating texture and whimsical elements. Fantastic work and I'm so glad you shared your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

rachel said...

just popping back karen to say thanks for joining us at countryview challenges and good luck. hugs rachel xx

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

I'm enjoying your tag obsession Karen, keep it up. I love your sparkling butterflies fluttering by your beautiful background. Nice to see your entry at STAMPlorations October Mixed Media Challenge. See you again Karen and have a good day!
Hugs&Smiles,
Asmah
STAMPlorations Mixed Media DT
Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}