Thursday, 15 October 2015

Ribbon or Twine at Let's Craft & Create ...


Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I am very sad to say that I am fourteen days late with my creation for Let’s Craft & Create Challenge.  I am extending huge apologies to all of the lovely DT ladies and especially Eileen.  It’s the first time I have had to pull back from creating for our challenge but there was nothing I could do about it, sadly.  I am still rough but it felt good to be crafting after a couple of weeks of not being able to.  Anyway the current theme is ribbon and or twine and here’s my DT creation …

  
I made sure it is decorated on both sides! 
  
I cut the tags from corrugated card and added a layer of funky foam between them 
The hot air balloon was created from watercolour paper, 
snippets of card for the basket and layers of funky fun between 
  
Played with my Spectrum Noir AquaTints to create the balloon
  
I tried to create them with roughly the same layout without getting too obsessed with it lol! 
  
I plan to try this technique again but differently next time, 
but they do look like hot air balloons 
I am happy with the stamping and colouring lol! 
Yes very happy lol!
A final look at my favourite scene

I’ve been very lucky and am able to enter Challenges too:
 Craft Stamper Challenge October Take a Technique: see below
 Frilly & Funkie Challenge Autumn Splendour
Hobby Art Stamps Blog October Challenge Autumn  
I created two balloons, two scenes and used ribbon and twine
Scrap & Craft Challenge #14 Colours of Autumn
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Wonderful Watercolour
Spectrum Noir Facebook Challenge October use orange &/or grey
 Stamping Sensations Challenge October Colours of Autumn 


When we were told that we would be using this hot air balloon shape on our project for October I had a little think about what I would like to create.  I struggled with an idea and created a couple of cards but I wasn’t truly happy with the end result.  I then had a spark: the movie Up!  I wanted my hot air balloon to be above a scene.  I printed the hot air balloon onto computer paper and glued it to a snippet of card so that I can use it as stencil in future too.  I used an A4 sheet watercolour paper with my Spectrum Noir and painted the rectangular pattern very loosely.  Because I wanted to create a mini mobile/hanging I knew I wouldn’t be happy unless I cut out a front and back of an hot air balloon (that old OCD).  I used snippets of red card to cut out the basket of the balloon and adhered it to the bottom of the hot air balloon allowing an overlap.

I used my Hobby Art stamp set and DIP to create a scene with roughly the same layout onto A5 card.  I used my Perfectly Primary Spectrum Noir AquaTints to colour the scenes (not allowing my OCD tendencies to win) and left to dry.   I had a little think about how I wanted my mobile to look and remembered that I’d recently found several old stencils (organising and de-stashing my craft room) and I wasn’t sure if I would them again but the tag shape worked perfectly with my balloon so I cut out a large tag and have attached that to the bottom of the hot air balloon.  I will be, hopefully, using those stencils again and often!


I recommend that you go and see what my lovely team mates have created too: they are very talented card artists and their gorgeous projects and can be seen here:

Catherine Ammarisart
Gail Gail’s Corner aka Gail 
Monika Cohenna.com 


Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x








Tools
Stamp: Hobby Arts: Tuscany Scene It stamp set

Miscellaneous Tools: pot of water; pipettes; paint brushes; old Craftwork Cards tag stencil

The Cutting Café: Hot Air Balloon set; computer and printer

Stash
Card Paper: Crafters Companion A4: Watercolour Paper and Centura Pearl Snow White Accents card; snippets red card

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Spectrum Noir Perfectly Primary AquaTints; DecoArt Americana Vanilla Shake acrylic paint; Imagination Crafts Pearl Satin Silkies paint; Tim Holtz Walnut Stain DIP

Embellishments: ribbon and twine from my stash

Adhesives/Mediums: double sided tape; funky foam sheets



13 comments:

Maryvonne COUSSE said...

Hi lovely Karen ! Wonderful.creation ! Loooveeee it !
Warms Hugs Teamie !
MARYVONNE

Carol said...

A lovely project for the theme Karen, love how you've done this. Glad you felt well enough to crafting again. Carol x

Kelly Deal said...

Super cool creation Karen! Glad you're feeling better!

brenda said...

What a super idea to have the balloons holding the tags Karen and lush colours, thinking I am going to have to get some Aqua Tints, keep resisting but I'm weakening.

B x

Barb said...

Your project is great Karen. What a spark of genius thinking of the movie for your inspiration. Glad to hear you were up to some crafting and hope you continue to feel better. Barbxx

Eve Maynard said...

Hi Karen
thank you so much for entering the playground with your work of art!!
I love the watercolour scene with those lovely warm colours - it actually looks like a hot summers day!
Eve xx

pinky said...

What a lovely idea and great finish to your project. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful project! Such a lovely scene. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

Suzi said...

A very nice Autumnal Tag. Thank you for coming to play with us over at Scrap & Craft Inspiration. Good luck! Hugs Suzi x

Buttons said...

Such a clever way to combine these elements. Love the Autumnal scene. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

Ellie Knol said...

Such an awesome project!

Thank you for joining us in the Craft Stamper challenge!
xxx Ellie Knol xxx

Sally H said...

A stunning Autumnal creation, Karen! Great colours and stamping! Thanks for joining us at stamping sensations this month and good luck!

Linda said...

Cute little project .... Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge .... good luck! Linda xx