Tuesday, 20 October 2015

Shades of blue and snippets ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was a good one and your week has started well.  I am back with another card following the same sketching but this time trying out the ombre technique in shades of blue.  I will definitely be creating more of these backgrounds in future but especially this blue blend because I think it’s perfect for Christmas cards, scenes and snowflakes.  Anyway here’s today quick creation …
 
A6 tent fold - my favourite! 
I can feel the wintery chill from those gorgeous blues! 
   
I am enjoying stamping and playing
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
As You Like It Challenge Monochrome or Colour & Why
I love bright and cheerful colours yet I went blue and white!
 Avenue 613 Challenge #146 Anything Goes
 Country View Crafts Challenge #32 Add Texture
 Craft Stamper Challenge October Take a Technique watercolour inks and painting
Love to Scrap Challenge LTSCB64 Anything Goes
Paperbabe Stamps Challenge #19 Anything Goes
I don’t have a favourite colour because I’ve learnt I love nearly all colours
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #205 Anything Goes


I added ribbon and a couple more stamped butterflies on this one so it’s not as clean and simple as the earlier pink and white version but I love the deeper and brighter colours of the blue and the variegated ribbon from my stash is oh so perfect too. 

I’m not sure how visible it is on my photographs but I carried out another experiment.  I wanted to see if I could emboss the butterflies just by painting the AquaTints blue onto the stamp.  I had made the background the day before so that was completely dry before I experimented.  The embossing powder is not completely smooth yet it catches the eye when holding the card.  The texture it has added to the WC card is lovely too because it’s similar to the look and feel of acrylic paint after it has been blasted with a heat gun, no acrylics or mediums were used, but next time I will try it with the glycerine as I think that would make it smoother.

I was happy with my pink and white card yet I am over the moon with this one, lol, bright zingy fresh colours are my first love and comfort zone right now lol!  One thing I have learnt from this experiment is that mixing card types on one card achieves wonderful texture without even trying – the embossing and ribbon are the cream and cherry on the top.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x








Tools & Supplies
Stamp:  Stamplorations 4” x 6” Trendy Butterflies stamp set
Miscellaneous Tools: heat tool; paint brushes; pot of water; paint palette
Card Paper: snippets of Crafter’s Companion A4 Watercolour card; 300gm white card
Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Spectrum Noir Perfectly Primary AquaTints; WOW clear EP
Embellishments: ribbon from my stash #
Adhesives/Mediums: double sided tape; Collall all purpose glue

# ribbon I won from Hazel many years ago


14 comments:

Carol said...

This design looked so pretty in pink Karen but it's gorgeous in the blues...must get my aqua tints out for a play as I keep forgetting about them! Carol x

rachel said...

vry pretty Karen - loving the blue ombre - pretty layout too!!! Hugs rachel xx

Charity Chamberlain said...

Very pretty card! Love the butterflies and the ombre effect! Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! Have a blessed day!

Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

StirYourCreativity said...

Lovely card. The blue shades are cool

LesleyG said...

Very pretty ombré card, forgot I had glycerin, thanks for inspiring xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I loved your pink version but I also love this new blue version too. thanks for sharing it with us at AYLI this week.
Lorraine DT

Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing another card with us at AYLI Karen, this looks so very different to the first...the power of colour!! Sarah :0)

Di said...

Really pretty Karen - I adore those blues! Great to see in in the Playground!

Hugs

Di xx

Hettie said...

Oooo! Love the design and the blues you have used. I can see it as a Christmas design too.
Thanks for popping by.
Off to register for the pumpkin carving lesson, coming?
Hugs
xx

LauraJane:) said...

Super experimenting! LOVE the color combo:) Thanks for linking up to STAMPlorations!

Irena Stefanova said...

This turned out beautiful! Love the calors of blue.Thank you for joining in the fun with us at Love to scrap! Challenge blog.
Irena DT xxx

Ellie Knol said...

Such an awesome project!

Thank you for joining us in the Craft Stamper challenge!
xxx Ellie Knol xxx

Taunya Butler said...

This is a beautiful card - love the color and thanks for sharing how you made it!!

Julie B said...

What a gorgeous mix of blues in this pretty take on this month's sketch.
Thanks for linking up to STAMPlorations. :)