Tuesday, 27 October 2015

Tim's background technique and snippets ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I have used the last of the master board I created for Tim’s October tag and here it is …

 
I love this tag a lot! 
Stamps, ink, paint and a little bit of something makes me happy every day!
I am thinking marmalade again!

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Crop Stop Challenge Blog #9 Link Party 
Fussy & Fancy Challenge #150 Orange, Black or Purple
Noor Design UK Challenge Blog #11 Halloween or Autumn
I love the colours of autumn so had to pick the autumn theme
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Throwback: March 2015 B is for Birds
Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge Wrap It Up
The Pencil Case Challenge E for Eerie Colours Halloween or Autumn
  The Shabby Tea Room #262 colours & patterns
inspired by black & orange pumpkins, black bird & the theme
 Your Next Stamp Challenge #25 I chose the colours


If you want to know how I created the background please go to Tim Holtz step by step here.  The phrase I printed from my computer and I have added Distress ink before trimming them and attaching to the tag.  I also used several black snippets to die cut the birdcage and bird from.  I cut the bird cage for a second time in funky foam and attached that to the bird cage and left it to dry I don’t have any black funky fun and the yellow that I used was visible on the side view.  So I splashed some black acrylic paint to the sides of the yellow foam and left it to dry.  Once it was dry I attached that to the tag. 

The funky foam is a tip I have learnt from Jennifer McGuire and it’s a fabulous way to create your own specially shaped adhesive foam square and if you are attaching a big layer (see post 1st November) it stops that layer from dipping in some places.  I usually attach it to the base with double sided tape I used glue this time because my tape is and was too wide for the bird cage. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this soon  ttfn Karen x








Tools
Stamp:
Tim Holtz: CMS001 Nature’s Moments cling mount stamp set

Stencil:
Memory Box rings stencil; Tando ink splats stencil

Miscellaneous Tools:
We Are Memory Keepers: Crop A Dile punch kit
Paintbrushes; heat gun; ink blending tool and foam; spray bottle of water; craft mat

Card Paper:
Crafter’s Companion Centura Pearl Snow White Accents was stamped and coloured to create a master board, I used the last of it for this tag and I used black snippets for the die cuts too

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Tim Holtz Distress Inks: pumice stone; vintage photo; walnut stain; rusty hinge; crushed olive; peeled paint; spiced marmalade; mustard seed
Tim Holtz Distress Stain: rusty hinge
Perfect Pearls powders: heirloom gold; pewter
Windsor & Newton black acrylic paint

Embellishments:
Tando Creative Chipboard Bats
Gingham ribbon from my stash which I made mucky with my brown DIPs #

Adhesives/Mediums/Misc:
Versamark IP; Collall all purpose glue; funky foam; double sided tape

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 5 years old

19 comments:

Carol said...

This is a gorgeous tag Karen, love the background and lovely sentiment. Carol x

Lin said...

That bird and cage are classics, Karen - love your tag and the orange gingham ribbon! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

sandie said...

Great background but I love the way you have created an iron look for the cage, so realistic. Great to see you at TO

Shona Chambers said...

Such an incredible tag!! The background is beautiful and I love the birdcage and bird. Must have taken so long to put together and so worth it! So glad you shared it with us at TIME OUT!!

Norma said...

Fabulous tag, Karen. Really love that terrific background and the textures on your tag. Beautifully designed.
Thanks for sharing it with us at the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge.
hugs,
Norma

SARN said...

Absolutely BRILLIANT.

Now . . . where did you leave the Donkey after the Playground Party rides last night hmmm? I can't find him anywhere!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Barb said...

Your tag is absolutely gorgeous Karen and thanks for sharing the tip. Barbxx

Anita said...

A beautiful tag! Thanks for joining our challenge at Your Next Stamp.

rachel said...

this is wonderful karen. loving the colours! thanks also for joining us at countryview challenges! hugs rachel x

Kelly Deal said...

Beautiful tags Karen!

Sue said...

Lovely tag Karen, it's great to get your older stash out again isn't it. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts. Sue xx

Julie E said...

What a great mix of supplies to create such a cool tag, it looks like metal. Thanks for joining in the fun at YNS and sharing your take on the color combo for challenge #25!

Taunya Butler said...

Great - so encouraging and so super well done!!

Sue said...

Beautiful fall tag!
Thanks for joining us at Your Next Stamp!

Suzanne C said...

Brilliant use of the background! Love the birdcage and bird! Thanks for joining us this week in the Throwback challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Team Clark said...

You are doing a great job at mixed media. This tag is awesome! Love the texture and dimension. Hugs, Autumn

Cara Caswell said...

Fabulous tag and some great techniques used!
Thanks for joining us at the Pencil Cases challenge blog and good luck in the draw!
Hugs xx Cara xx DT

Maureen said...

Fantastic tag! Thanks for playing along with us at YNS!

Rebecca Ednie said...

I love this tag. what a great saying! The birdcage is so lovely! Im not OCD but I'm also too hung up on perfect which is why I also love mixed media! Thank you for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room. i hope to see you play along again next week!