Friday, 27 November 2015

A sketchy ...

Hello lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well, nearly the weekend already lol.  I’ve a card I created especially for some challenges to show you today and here it is …

 
An A6 card 
The stamped and embellished bit lol!
The newsprint
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Crop Stop Challenge Blog #10 Link Party 
Pixie’s Snippets Playground Challenge  I'm lucky because I had snippets of this PP, I always have white snippets & so happy to use them
Sadly I don’t have any Altenew stamps
Sweet Stamps Challenge November Anything Goes
That’s Crafty Challenge Black & White With a Hint: mine is pink
The Cat’s Pajamas Challenge TCPTUES304 Anything Goes

As soon as I saw the challenges at Stamplorations and Unruly I wanted to create a project that would fit both of the monthly themes because The Written Word and Newsprint theme both perfectly fit together!
I turned the sketch upside down, used butterfly stamp that is made up of printed words, and added the large sentiment, moved the line of three to go down the centre

Unruly PaperArts Challenge The Written Word
I used newsprint PP & this particular butterfly stamp because it is made up of words and the ‘hello’ embellishment is the perfect finishing touch


Sorry I’ve not been around recently but I caught a nasty virus and it knocked the stuffing out of me so I’ve been stuck on the sofa for over a week.  Sadly we’ve not been able to go shopping or to the post office either. 

I started to feel better today and I was lucky that I had created several cards for several challenges before the virus hit.  I was able to photograph them earlier today and I’ve quickly edited and added my signature to them and that’s why I’m doing a very quick post lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this soon  ttfn Karen x








Stamp: Stamplorations 4” x 6” Trendy Butterflies stamp set

Miscellaneous Tools: paintbrushes; pot of water

Card Paper: 300 gsm to create card; snippets of white card for stamping; snippets Stampin’ Up PP to follow the sketch # ; * background created by me beneath the stamped layer *

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: TH Distress Ink Pad & Re-Inker: Victorian Velvet; Perfect Pearls Powder in Perfect Pearl

Embellishments: ‘hello’ free embellishment from a magazine #

Adhesives/Mediums:  Collall all purpose glue; TH Distress Stickles: Worn Lipstick


# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 6 years old
* I created the background:  add TH Distress Victorian Velvet re-inker to a small Ranger spray, a small scoop of Ranger Perfect Pearls in Perfect Pearl, top up the bottle with water and shake:  my own ink with shimmer spray: simples lol! *

11 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful card Karen.

Barb said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you've had another virus Karen. You really do go through it don't you. I hope you'll be feeling stronger soon.

Your card is lovely. I like the newsprint cut to reflect wing shapes and the sparkly orange Hello looks so happy. Take care. Hugs. Barbxx

SARN said...

Hi Karen . . . good to hear you're feeling a little better.

This card is so pretty. Love the design layout and all the elements.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Julie E said...

So pretty with those colors and the subtle patterns. The angled layering of the papers looks good at the top. Thanks for joining in the TCP challenge!

Di said...

Love this Karen! So pretty.

Oh poor you, a rotten time for a virus - I know this due to being so immobiletoo right now. However, what's important is that we make the best of Christmas and most likely will have an even better time because of that! Makes you stop and take stock for sure.

Special hugs

Di xx

Karen Letchworth said...

Such an awesome card, Karen. Your creations are always so sweet and I'm incredibly grateful to have you shaer your talents with us. Have a blessed week, and please stop by again soon.
Karen L
CropStop Design Team

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh, I like this sketch! I'm also a big fan of butterflies! I have been focusing on winter/holiday cards lately, so I haven't been stamping any butterflies - this card is like a breath of fresh air! Love how you used the dictionary page!

rachel said...

hiya Karen - sorry to hear about the bug - hope you're feeling better. I love your piece today! Big hugs sweetie and take care xx

Brenda said...

Hi Karen, hope you are feeling all well very soon. I love that you used stuff from your stash to create this beauty. Thanks so much for joining us for TCP Tuesday and the Winter Blog Hop at The Cat's Pajamas! B

Sari / Granne said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Beautiful card, loving the colors and fab layout.

Nancy Thomas said...

Love the sweet colors on this card. Thank you so much for joining the TCP Tuesday challenge. I hope you feel better now.