Sunday, 29 November 2015

A sketchy ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well.  I have another card I created for challenges to share with you and here it is …

 
Another A6 card 
 
These butterflies are so lovely!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #339 Colours of Autumn:   I used autumnal colours to stamp 
and colour and it’s now time for the butterflies to rest and return in the spring
Daring Cardmakers Challenge Something Stencilled
Fussy & Fancy Friday Challenge Words
Sweet Stampin’ Challenge Sparkle & Shine Happy 6th Birthday Ladies!!
Sweet Stamps Challenge November Anything Goes 
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #211 AG 

At Stamplorations there is a sketch and theme of newsprint
The paper at the bottom is Stampin’ Up newsprint PP.
At Unruly PaperArts The Written Word them perfectly fits the snippets and the
butterfly stamp I used to create the background.
Unruly PaperArts Challenge The Written Word


It’s obvious from my latest posts that I love the sketch at Stamplorations this month.  I love that I was able to slightly adjust the way I stamped the images and added more details whilst still following the sketch.  I cut and scored A4 card to create an A6 card and randomly stamped one of the butterfly stamps across the card with a Distress pad.  I tried the layout before actually gluing everything in place and I felt that something was missing.   I got my very dirty Stamplorations butterfly mask out and used a water soluble pencil to draw around the butterflies.  I stamped the small solid butterflies onto white card snippets and cut them out before turning them over and colouring the whole butterfly with Perfect Pearls Perfect Red and I also decided to colour the drawn butterflies with the same Perfect Red.  The snippets of PP I also coloured with a weak wash of Perfect Pearls.  I place all pieces aside to dry before adhering where I wanted it to be.  I die cut friend from snippets and added a bling border between the card and the snippet of paper: simples again!

This is a very quick post from me today – I have my head down creating Christmas cards right now lol!  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x








Tools & Stash
Stamp & Stencil:
Stamplorations Stamps: 4” x 6” Trendy Butterflies stamp set; Shower of Butterflies sstencil

Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; pot of water

Card or Paper:
300 gsm to create card; snippets of white card for stamping; snippets Stampin’ Up PP to follow the sketch #

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
TH Distress Ink Pad: Victorian Velvet; Perfect Pearls Powder in Perfect Red #

Embellishments: diamante bling #

Adhesives/Mediums:  Collall all purpose glue; TH Distress Stickles: Worn Lipstick


# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 6 years old

13 comments:

rachel said...

beautiful colours - such a lovely summery make - it lifts the spirits - thankyou! Hugs rachel x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful card! I love all the butterflies! Great job with the sketch! P.S. I sent you an email yesterday about the prize I won from you in October... hope you will soon be able to mail it! Still very excited about it! Take care and I'm happy to see you crafting!

Beth Brovold said...

How beautiful Karen!! So elegant...thank you for sharing with us at Fussy and Fancy!
Take care,
Beth

SARN said...

Simply wonderful! xxx

Debbie said...

Super card and perfect for the challenge this week at Sweet Stampin'. Thank you Debbie x

Barb said...

A very pretty butterfly card Karen. Barbxx

Carol said...

A wonderful card Karen, gorgeous colours and design. Carol x

Carole Robb Bisson said...

I like the stamped background and all the butterflies. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 211th AG challenge! Blessings, Carole

brenda said...

A super design Karen and perfect card for this weeks theme, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Sari / Granne said...

Your butterflies are lovely indeed, gorgeous take on the sketch and theme, love the bling detail. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations November challenge.

Paddington fan said...

What a pretty card! Thanks for joining our Sparkle and Shine challenge over at Sweet Stampin' this week, don't forget to check back to see if you're our winner on Sunday, love Jacky x

Kathy said...

So pretty and delicate
Thank you for joining in with the special The Daring Cardmakers and Bubbly Funk Challenge this week

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

Such a pretty autumnal card - I love the colours you've used. Thank you for sharing your 'Sparkle & shine' card with us and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx