Sunday, 1 November 2015

A stamping technique at House of Cards Challenge ...


Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well.  I am sure the months are coming quicker and faster as time marches on.  I had fun learning this technique, it is quick and easy and the results: fabulous!  So here is my House of Cards Design Team creation …

 
I am happy with this one and I've been playing with this technique to see how many different ways as I can use it lol! 
I did tweak it a little but I hope my DT is okay with that! 
 
I love this stamp and have to be careful not to over use it too much
The little word die is so cute too!
A final look

Luckily for me this also fits these Challenges
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Throwback Challenges: home grown; stamp & punch; love this technique; use a stamp
Sweet Stampin' Challenge Dies &/or Punches
The Cat’s Pajamas Challenge TCPTUES302 Anything Goes
Vintage Stamping Challenge #37 use a die or dies 
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #207 Anything Goes


One of our lovely leaders has a video tutorial for this technique over on our blog.  Please go take a look and keep your eyes open for what my very talented DT team mates have created too.  We all started at the same point but they are all gorgeously lovely and different: don’t you just love stamping for this reason: I know I do lol!  All the links for the challenge and for my design team members are in the left hand side column over there on the left lol!

I’ve a couple of cards I’ve creating following this technique so I will be sharing more like this.  I’m actually looking forward to taking my Christmas stamps out and trying it with some of those stamps too lol!

Because I hadn’t done this technique before I wasn’t sure how it would look or what stamps or papers to use.  I decided to do a practice run with the made by me backgrounds snippets box and a previously stamped, coloured and fussy cut image.  The card above was my test run because I figured I wouldn’t be annoyed with myself if it didn’t work because all those bits came from my snippets box.  I have tweaked the technique a little this time and I will be sharing more like this and more that are true to the video during this month.
 
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x








Tools & Supplies
Stamp: Sheena Douglass A6 A Little Bit Sketchy Poppies & Daisies stamp set

Die Cutting Machine & Dies: Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Spellbinder Nestability Classic Large Circle die set; Paper Smooches friend die

Stencil: 
12” square Dutch Doobadoo stencil

Miscellaneous Tools:
Paint brushes; pot of water; ink blending foam

Card Paper:
300 gsm card for base and top layer; snippets created by me backgrounds and stamping card

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir Perfectly Primary AquaTints; Faber Castell: purple gelato

Embellishments: mini metal dot #

Adhesives/Mediums:
Maimeri Glossy Medium; Funky Foam; double sided tape; Washi Tape; Collall all purpose glue

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 5 years old





Group 2: Donna; Katy; Lillian;  Em
Group 3: Tammy; Toni; Linda; Dotty
Group 4: Rocky; Monika R; Ruza; Lisa
Group 7: Daen’Ys; Emily; Pat; Steph C

30 comments:

brenda said...

Lush colour on this one Karen, the contrast of the deeper colours in the aperture against the Poppies works very well and really draws the eye.

Many thanks for sharing with us at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

B x

foleysfriend said...

Love your interpretation of the challenge; the colours you chose are stunning; beautiful card

sue
HOC teammate

sandie said...

Hi Karen, I just saw your comment on our blog about removing your card because it is not a Christmas card, I will leave it there as it is so gorgeous and we love to see it anyway! The stamping is lovely and fab you enjoyed this new technique. We sure hope you do come back with a Xmas card and thanks for your lovely comment on our DT cards x

Di said...

Absolutely beautiful Karen! LOVE the vibrant colours you used and the poppies look amazing!

Hugs

Di xx

Emily Dee said...

So pretty! I love the watercolor look and those colors!

Virginia Lu said...

Gorgeous and artistic! Love the soft colors and use of image! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

Hettie said...

Bootiful card Karen, but any card with purple is a winner in my view!!
Hugs
xx

Jo Rice said...

A gorgeous card Karen, great design and great use of this wonderful stamp. Thank you for joining us over at the Fussy and Fancy Challenge blog....Jo. X

rachel said...

what an amazing piece Karen - I really love this and will have to look at the technique!! hugs rachel x

Merethe Arstein said...

Fab work here Karen.

(✿*‿*) Ma
Teamie HOC
http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

Carol said...

Simply beautiful Karen. Carol x

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Karen! I love the bold colors and the beautiful flowers, fabulous interpretation of the challenge! Also, a big thanks so much for joining us at Fussy and Fancy!
Tammy x

Lilian YF said...

This is gorgeous!!! Lovely image!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Marilyn Webb said...

Wow, it's gorgeous!! Love the colors and I especially love the color behind the window. Thanks for joining our WW challenge this week with Kraftin Kimmie Stamps.
hugs
Marilyn DT

SARN said...

Ooh that's LOVELY Karen.

I have reserved a nice chair for you around the back of the bike sheds so you can watch all the goings on in safety. You're in charge of keeping a look out for Miss Di and giving me the signal if you spot her.

Oh, and can you smuggle in some carrots to keep the donkey quiet too please?

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Mynn Kitchen said...

Karen, I LOVE this card! The colors are FABULOUS, I adore the flowers, and the technique you used for the underside of your punched out portion is amazing! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Toni said...

gorgeous! I especially love the purple tones. All in all so very eye-catching!

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh my goodness....how beautiful this is! Those colors are just stunning. Thanks for joining us at Kraftin' Kimmie.

Team Clark said...

Such a gorgeous design! Love the way you did the flower. So pretty!

Brenda said...

I would say you had a beautiful result from a first try! Gorgeous colors, I love the look of this technique. Will have to view the tutorial! Thanks so much for sharing with us at TCP Tuesday Challenge! Brenda

Anna-Karin said...

Such a lovely card!! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

Monika Reeck said...

Karen I love this!!
that dies FRIEND from paper smooches is so cute on your adorable flower card
the cut inside I see stunning background woooowww
and the colors on the flower I love it much so dreamy look
Great DT card Karen
see you soon on my HOC DT card
hugs
Monika

Nancy Thomas said...

Love the lush colors. Fantastic card. Thank you for joining The Cat's Pajamas TCP Tuesday challenge.

Cass said...

Beautiful card. Love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

Jane Knudsen said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors you picked and the image - so beautiful! jane HOC teamie

Donna Nuce said...

Beautiful and gorgeous card Karen! Love the pallet you chose for it! Have a great day!
Donna N., HOC Teamie!

Nathalie said...

Very cute card. Thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.
Nathalie DT

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Karen
This is a stunning interpretation of the challenge.
Just beautiful.
Like a numpty, I've been visiting your old blog wondering why I can't find your projects hahaha!
Ang x

Barbara Rankin said...

Your card(s) are simply gorgeous, Karen. Love what you did with this technique! Hugs, Barbara HOC DT

Patti J said...

Beautifully done!!!