Tuesday, 3 November 2015

Another sketchy and snippet busting ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I have been in stash and snippet busting mode this week and add to that the bonus that I got to enter a couple of challenges too, well it’s meant to be …

  
An A6 card not too deep 
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
As You Like It Challenge bright/pastel & why: 
bright colours because they’re uplifting 
Fashionable Stamping Challenge #104 Changing Seasons: autumn
Inspired by Stamping Challenge IBSIC#99 I used sketch & colour scheme
Love to Create Challenge #22 Anything Mixed Media or Creative Goes


I followed the sketch from Inspired by Stamping again because I love their sketches lol!  The little squares started out as a thin snippet of watercolour paper.  I painted A4 watercolour paper with Halloween shades of green, orange, purple and red using my AquaTints (ATs) in October.  I created it because the challenge at Spectrum Noir was to use orange and I got rather overzealous with the colour but I love the finished result.  I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to use the snippet because it was so narrow but when I looked at the sketch again this weekend I realised they’d be perfect to use on another card.  The orange panel underneath was, again, an experiment with the ATs and some Silkie paint from Imaginations Crafts: love that stuff!  I stamped and embossed the butterfly onto a snippet too so I am quite pleased that not only am I using my created by me papers I’m also sticking to my pledge of no snippets being left behind by trying to immediately use them.  In fact that’s why there are several little butterflies on the card.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x








Tools
Stamp:  Inspired by Stamping Butterflies stamp set

Miscellaneous Tools: Tonic mini butterfly punch; heat gun; pipettes; pot of water; paintbrushes; paint palette

Card Paper: 300 gsm white card for base; snippets Crafters Companion Centura Pearl Snow White Accents card for butterfly, sentiment, base layer panel

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir: Beautifully Grunge & Perfectly Primary AquaTints
Imagination Crafts: Silkies paints; WOW EP: blue sparkle

Embellishments: WOC roses #

Adhesives/Mediums: Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape


# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 5 years old


14 comments:

Joanna M - Inspired by Stamping said...

Oh wow Karen! This is sooooo pretty! What a beautiful take on the sketch and the colors are so vibrant. Hugs, Joanna

Susan (rainy) said...

Such beautiful and rich autumn colors! This is gorgeous.

Elaine Stark said...

Lovely warmth to this card. Looks like a fun card to make. Thanks for joining
AYLI challenge. Elaine

Margik said...

This card is fabulous with beautiful autumn colours! Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday. Mar

Carol said...

This is so pretty Karen, gorgeous colours. Carol x

Samantha said...

Vibrant, Thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
hugs Samantha :0)

Samantha said...

Vibrant, Thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
hugs Samantha :0)

Dots Dabbles said...

Hi Karen, this is such a beautiful card! I love the vibrancy of the Autumnal colours...so pretty.
Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Dot x

Mrs.B said...

Hi Karen, this is such a pretty card, love the autumnal colours with your sparkly butterfly and that's such a lovely sentiment too.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
Avril x

Mynn Kitchen said...

Another gorgeous card, Karen! I LOVE the fun layout, amazing texture, and beautiful colors you used! Thank you so much for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

cheiron said...

Gorgeous card and I love the sentiment too! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

Theresa Pace said...

a great idea using snippets. i should learn from you. thank you for joining us over at the FFFC and good luck, Theresa DT
craf-ther.blogspot.co.uk (personal blog)

Eileen said...

Wow such a beautiful autumn card. Fab colour palate and great layout and design.
Thanks for joining in with our 'Flowers' challenge at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge and good luck
Eileen x

Karina said...

Such a beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at Noor! Design UK challenges. We hope to see you again next round.
Hugs, Karina DT