Monday, 30 November 2015

Christmas and Spectrum Noir #3 ...

Hello lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week has started well.  As I mentioned in a post last week I’m attempting to create cards that are shabby chic or OLC & CAS, which is not my normal zone!  This card is my first attempt at a Christmas shabby chic card and it’s not quite there yet.  The really good thing about that is that I’ll have to keep practicing shabby chic style, lol, such hard work trying out new styles of card but I do love playing with inks, paints and stamps so for me trying new or different is my idea of  heaven, and I love all the different shades of blue anyways here it is …

 
An A6 again love the colours of blue 
Such a beautiful stamp 
  
Finally remembered to get out some of my old embellishments lol!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges

Colours and theme



It was so good to get one of my Scribbly Bird stamps out again and I got to use several embellishments, glitter and die cuts too.  I created the background by using two shades of Spectrum Noir AquaTints to a snippet of watercolour paper and I blended them together with copious amounts of water and left the paper to dry.  The Scribbly Bird was stamped and heat embossed onto snippets of canvas paper.  I originally coloured it with acrylic paint but I wasn’t happy with the end result so I coloured some white acrylic with the blue from the Primary set, a little black from the Essentials set and something else that I can’t remember – I am very naughty because I don’t write down what I am doing – I just blend the colours in the palette on with paint until I am happy with them lol.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon.  ttfn Karen x








Tools & Stash
Stamp:
Dina Wakley Scribbly Bird stamp set

Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafter’s Companion Happy Christmas die
Memory Box Branch die
Whimsy Snowflake die

Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; pot of water; pipettes; heat gun

Card Paper:
Crafters Companion: A4 white watercolour card
300gsm card to create base
Snippets white card for die cutting
Snippets Kraft card for die cutting

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge; Essentials; Perfectly Primary
WOW Black Sparkle EP

Embellishments:
Wooden embellishments from my stash #; glitter #; Distress Stickles: Broken China

Adhesives/Mediums:
Versamark IP
Collall all purpose glue

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 7 years old


15 comments:

Barb said...

I love your little blue bird. A lovely sparkly card. Barbxx

Carol said...

Loving the blues too Karen, this is gorgeous. Carol x

SARN said...

Looks good to me Karen!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Oh I do so love this Karen - wonderful birdie and the blues are so striking as well!

Hugs

Di xx

Paradise Lost said...

Stunning! I love the blue tones with the added shimmer.
Thank you so much for joining us at the Emerald Creek Dares "Let the Festivities Begin' challenge.
~~julia~~Emerald Creek DT Member

rachel said...

love your use of the scribbly bird Karen - must get mine out again - thanks for the reminder!! Big hugs rachel x

Nicole Wright said...

Ohhhh the bird is blue is awesome! Thanks for sharing with us at Emerald Creek Dares Challenge! Cheers, Nicole

Katelyn said...

Great card Karen! Thanks for taking the time and sharing with us at Emerald Creek Dares Challenge.
-Katelyn DT member

Gayatri said...

Absolutely gorgeous card. Love it all. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes challenge :)
Gayatri xx

Karon said...

Wonderful! Thanks for joining us for our All things Festive Emerald Creek Dares Challenge

Karon DT

E said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Kraftin' Kimmie Wonderful Wednesday!

Team Clark said...

This winter bird holds my heart! How amazing is this?!

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Lovely card. That bird is so adorable! Thank you for joining our challenge at Rubber Dance again! ♥

Susanne Rose said...

Lovely!Thank you for playing along with us over at the Rubber Dance Challenge. Use "susanne2015" on your next order in the Rubber Dance online store to save 15%! I wish you lovely holidays. xx Susanne.

Kristiina Majuri said...

Love the shimmer and shine! Thanks for joining in the Rubber Dance challenge, Good luck :)