Friday, 27 November 2015

Christmas with Spectrum Noir #1 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was good and you have awesome weekend plans.  Mine will be all about getting the Christmas cards we need created, lol, so I’ve a Christmas card to share with you today and here it is …

 
An A6 card, I finally did it: decorated Christmas cards which are multi layered yet flat! 
I love this cute image and all the yummy inkiness, shimmer and embellishing 
I am happy with my little scene 
  
Very grateful for die cuts!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Love to Scrap Challenge #66 Anything Goes

I used the colours and the theme

Rudolph Day Challenge Anything Goes as long as it’s Christmas
Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes
My card covers both and I’ve been heavy handed with the snow/gesso
The Ribbon Girl Use Any Image Challenge
 Winter Wonderland Challenge Add Some Sparkle & Bling


I will apologise in advance there is going to be at least two posts a day for the next four/five days and an avalanche of Christmas cards and several sketch cards too.  I've been using my Spectrum Noir AquaTints heavily to colour stamped Christmas images and thoroughly enjoying it too.  I wanted to colour this image with an Aurora Borealis sky and I managed it.  I’ve got to practice creating one on a much larger scale next.  I am very grateful that I have three different sets of ATs too because I used the blue from the Perfectly Primary, the black from the Essentials, the pink red and green from the Beautifully Grunge.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x








Tools & Stash
Stamp:
Crafter’s Companion: Mulberry Wood Across the Miles stamp set

Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Crafter’s Companion sentiment die; Whimsy Snowflake dies

Stencil:
Stampin’ Up: Hearts & Stars stencil set purchased from my friend Helen

Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; pipettes; pot of water; ink blending tool and foam

Card:
300 gsm card; snippets white card for stamping and die cutting

Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Perfectly Primary; Essentials; Grunge
Versafine IP: black
Adirondack IP: Denim
The Works: gesso
Glitter #

Adhesives/Mediums:
Ranger Distress Stickles: Broken China #
Stickles: Pink #
Collall all purpose glue; Washi tape (to hold stencil in place)


# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 5 years old

23 comments:

Brenda said...

I am so loving your beautiful card Karen! You are so good at using your SN watercolors, the colors are so beautiful. I can't wait to see more Christmas cards from you. Hugs, Brenda

Kathleen said...

Fabulous card and great subtle colours and really lovely snowflakes.

Kath x

Di said...

LOVELY card Karen! Really sweet and a perfect scene for Christmas too,

I spent time the other day sat sitting here checking which of my cards would post for standard rate - thankfully most of them will - yay!

Hugs

Di xx

Carol said...

A beautiful card Karen, love the scene you've created. Hope you're keeping a bit better now. Have a great weekend. Carol x

KT Fit Kitty said...

I love animals and I love scene cards so this is perfect in my books! The added snowflakes are such a nice touch! Love how you made the snow too!

brenda said...

A lovely card and choice of colours Karen.

Hope you have a good weekend and get those Crimbo cards done.

B x

Tracy Crafty Freeman said...

Oh wow this has turned out lovely !!!
I really need to crack on with my Christmas cards.
Hope you are well my lovely ?? xxx

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Cute Christmas card! The image is adorable and I love the texture snow. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
Tina dt

Barb said...

Your card is lovely Karen. I like the scene and that little dog is really cute. Barbxx

LesleyG said...

love your cute card and the texture xxx

scrappymo! said...

This card looks great. I love that youmade the layers yet assembled them so your card will go regular postage. It makes such a difference nowadays!

Great image and colouring with your Spectrum Noir Aquatints...the sparkle looks fab too...


Thanks for taking part in the November Rudolph Days Challenge and good luck in the prize draws

Carol S. said...

Sweet card and a cute image. Thanks for joining us at Winter Wonderland. Carol S. DT

NGCARDS said...

This is a gorgeous creation! Thanks for joining in at The Ribbon Girl! xxx

rachel said...

super cute Karen - lovely image! Hugs rachel x

Judy Corner said...

What a lovely Blog you have. Such beautiful work and this is no exception. Judy x

SARN said...

That's a wonderfully festive card Karen.
Happy Rudolph Day!
xxx

E said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at Kraftin' Kimmie Wonderful Wednesday!

Kathy said...

So sweet and cute! A fab card
Thank you for joining in with the special The Daring Cardmakers and Bubbly Funk Challenge this week

ionabunny said...

Cute image. Very sweet. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance Challenge. Hugz

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Such a sweet card, Karen. Thank you for joining our challenge at Rubber Dance once more ♥

Susanne Rose said...

Love it! Thank you for playing along with us over at the Rubber Dance Challenge. Use "susanne2015" on your next order in the Rubber Dance online store to save 15%! I wish you lovely holidays. xx Susanne.

Kristiina Majuri said...

What a cute little doggy:) wishing you good luck on the Rubber Dance challenge!

Majo said...

Very cute card. Thanks for joining our Rubber Dance challenge ♥