Saturday, 28 November 2015

Christmas with Spectrum Noir #2 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well.  Another Christmas card and here it is …

Another A6 card nice and easy to post 

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Love to Create Challenge #24 Mixed Media Anything Goes
Love to Scrap Challenge #66 Anything Goes
My card covers both and I’ve been heavy handed with the snow/gesso
Sweet Stamps Challenge November Anything Goes
That’s Crafty Challenge Black & White With a Hint: my hint is red
The Cat’s Pajamas Challenge TCPTUES304 Anything Goes
 Winter Wonderland Challenge Add Some Sparkle & Bling


I’m trying out different card styles at the moment.  I’m concentrating on getting our Christmas cards created so my mixed media experiments on tags or canvas is on hold.  However I am experimenting to see if I can create and like mixed media one layer Christmas cards and I want to get them created as early as possible.  This lovely card I absolutely adore and it’s not in my usual Christmas colours and it falls into the mixed media category.  The stamp is one that I won from the old Pan Pastel challenge blog and this is its first outing lol.  I’ve been going through my box of NBUS stamps and my Christmas stamps to take out stamps that I’ve not used much.

I inked up the house stamped and gave it a quick blast with my heat gun; I wanted to make sure it was completely dry before colouring as I stamped onto an A6 card.  I have to be careful when I’m inking/colouring/stamping because I am a klutz and regularly ruin cards when trying out one layer or CAS.  So I covered most of the card with doubled up kitchen towel before colouring this image with my Spectrum Noir AquaTints, I got the colour and look by adding layers of ink and then heat drying before going back in with more colour.  Once I had finished and the card was dry I scored a border around the card approx. 5mm in from each side.  I often do this when creating a one layer card because I love the texture and detail it gives to the card.  It was at this point that I decided to stamp the sentiment: next time I need to remember to do that before I score the border lol!  I grabbed my Creative Expressions texture paste and went around the scored lines to give it some snow.  I wanted there to be a layer of thick snow at the bottom of the house so I applied a thick layer of gesso which I sprinkled with glitter: simples!

There will be another card later today but it’s not Christmas, I am trying to not bore you all too much lol!  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x






Tools & Stash
Stamp:
Premium Brands Snowy Cottage stamp set
Stampin’ Up sentiment set

Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; pipettes; pot of water; glue applicator (gesso); palette knife (texture paste); scoring tool; ruler

Card Paper:
300 gsm card cut and scored to create an A6 card

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge; Essentials; Perfectly Primary
Creative Expressions Cosmic Shimmer Sparkle Texture Paste: Aurora
The Works: Gesso

18 comments:

Carol said...

This is a lovely OLC Karen, a gorgeous snowy scene. Carol x

diana said...

what a cute card!! love the house!!!

brenda said...

Pleased to see you got stuck into those Crimbo card Karen as you planned, thanks for sharing another beauty with us.

B x

Susan (rainy) said...

Fabulous card!! The glitter added to the gesso for snow is such an awesome idea. LOVE!

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Karen, love your card, it's a lovely image and beautiful colouring, Kate x

Marilyn Webb said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining our WW challenge this week with Kraftin Kimmie Stamps.
hugs
Marilyn DT

Fliss said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Karen and love that house.
Thanks for joining in with our That's Crafty Challenge.
Fliss DT x

Tracy Crafty Freeman said...

Ekkk i LOVE this !! Everything is just fab ! the texture and your colouring are great.
I hope you are well my lovely and staying wrapped up and as pain free as possible. Sending all my love and lots of hugs xxx

Cathy Potosky said...

Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Emerald Creek!! I love that little house, would be perfect for a big old family Christmas!
Cathy - DT Member at Emerald Creek

rachel said...

brilliant image Karen - not seen this one before - I love the snow too! Big hugs rachel x

Robin said...

This is a lovely card...especially the snow! Thanks for playing along with us at LTSCB and good luck. Hugs, Robin

Brenda said...

Karen, I love this little house. I love all the texture you've added. CAS, but so interesting to look at. Thanks so much for joining us for TCP Tuesday at The Cat's Pajamas!

Paradise Lost said...

This is beautiful, Karen! Thank you so much for joining us at the Emerald Creek Dares "Let the Festivities Begin' challenge.
~~julia~~Emerald Creek DT Member

Nicole Wright said...

How fun is this! Thanks for sharing with us at Emerald Creek Dares Challenge! Cheers, Nicole

Katelyn said...

Cute card! Love all of the sparkle. Thanks for taking the time and sharing with us at Emerald Creek Dares Challenge.
-Katelyn DT member

Karon said...

Beautiful card - love the house. Thanks for joining us for our All things Festive Emerald Creek Dares Challenge

Karon DT

Kim said...

This is so pretty. Love the textures you've created. Thanks for joining us at sweetstamps.com

Kim - DT

Nancy Thomas said...

What a fun image and you colored it up so nicely too. Thank you for joining The Cat's Pajamas TCP Tuesday challenge.