Saturday, 14 November 2015

House of Cards stamped punched window technique with snippets & Tim Holtz STAMPtember stamps ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors I really hope that you are all well and safe.  For anyone who was in or are affected by what has happened in Paris I send you my love and my prayers.  Mans inhumanity to others has once again shown its ugly side this weekend.  It seems silly to be sharing a card and I have gone back and forth in my mind many times today but the overwhelming thought is if I don’t post if I allow them to interfere they have won so we will all battle on and so they will never win.  I thought it was worth posting anyway and here it is …

  
A bigger card today: 15cm square 
The top layer 
  
I love this Blueprint stamp and it will get used a lot and 
it works beautifully with paper piecing and using snippets is always a good thing!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Simon Says Stamps and Tim Holtz are two of my hero’s and both inspire me
Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Use a Stamp or a Digi
Crop Stop Challenge Blog #11 Link Party 
Fan-Tastic Tuesday Challenge #10 AG with a twist of B:  for Birthday
Inspiration Emporium Challenge Mission Embossable:
There is embossing powder on my project
Polkadoodles Challenge #46 Autumn Colours
this is one of the stamps from the set I won from Simon Says Stamps 
Stamptember blog hop.  You’ll be seeing more because I love them!
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #209 Anything Goes


I had small and not so small snippets of orange coloured card from Octobers orange obsession and they were absolutely perfect for this project.  Because they started out orange this card was a quick and easy creation.  I have had to hold myself back a little this month because I could have become totally obsessed with the HOC technique this month lol!  I do love trying something new and then loving the end result. 

Using 300 gsm card I cut it to be a 148mm square card blank.  Using more 300 gsm card I cut two 140mm square pieces.  I stamped and heat embossed the birthday hat blueprint onto the bottom left hand side of one of the 140mm square pieces then I played around before deciding the final position for the die cut aperture.  Once happy I used a circle die to cut the 140mm square piece.  I stamped the hat onto another snippet of orange card and die cut more snippets for the scalloped frame and the ‘friend’.
Recently Jennifer McGuire shared a video about using Funky Foam for some of your self adhesive pads.  I tried it out earlier last month and I have continued with it.  I created a test card before creating my DT card and I use normal foam pads on the test run.  The top layer dipped in areas of the card.  So for my DT card and this card I cut 30mm square pieces of funky foam and then I drew around my largest circle die.  I cut out the circular piece larger than the line I drew and attached to the die cut aperture piece with double sided tape before positioning and using more double sided tape to attach it over the stamped layer.  Underneath that top layer there is one big piece of funky foam and there are no dips, it looks great, and, it’s thinner and lighter than shop bought foam pads.

I hope you are well, safe and happy wherever you are.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x






Tools
Stamp: Tim Holtz & Simon Says Stamp 2015 stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies: Spellbinders large classic circle & large scalloped circle dies
Paper Smooches Friend die
Miscellaneous Tools: paint brushes; pot of water; pipettes

Supplies
Card Paper: 300 gsm white card; snippets card coloured with AquaTints
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir Beautifully Grunge AquaTints
Versafine IP: black #
WOW EP: Clear; Orange
Embellishments: metal dot embellishments #
Adhesives/Mediums: double sided tape; funky foam; Collall all purpose glue

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 5 years old


19 comments:

Carol said...

A gorgeous card Karen, love how you've framed the image...love the colours too. Carol x

rachel said...

this is wonderful karen. i adore that blueprint too. just fabby do xx

SARN said...

Super looking card Karen.

You are right . . . "THEY" shouldn't stop you from doing anything or it means they've won . . . and we can't have that now can we?!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Carole Robb Bisson said...

A little ray of brightness after a dark day. Imy eye caught this card and I wanted to tell you how much I liked it. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 209th AG challenge! Blessings, Carole

Gerrina said...

Such a playfull design! Beautiful card and love the festive orange! Thank you for joining at ATCAS! Gerrina GDT

Danielle Vincent said...

A very beautiful card! Great technique too. I don't think posting a card signifies that you aren't sensitive to what's going on in the world. I agree that we can care and still bring some happiness in spite of a difficult time to others. Thanks for joining us at Kraftin' Kimmie.

Barb said...

A lovely card Karen. I like the blueprint stamps a lot. Barbxx

Michelle said...

Such pretty cards! Thank you for sharing your work with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. I've enjoyed visiting your blog today. ~Michelle

StirYourCreativity said...

This is such an amazing card !!!

Anja Curvers said...

A very pretty card love it. Thanks for joining us over at ATCAS.

NGCARDS said...

This is a lovely creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Andree said...

A super card and a fabulous design. The stamp is brilliant.
Thank-you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore November Challenge “Use a Stamp or Digi on your Project” and good luck x

Bev said...

cute creation. Thank you for taking the time to join in our Autumn colours challenge at Polkadoodles

Karon said...

Wonderful card. Thanks for joining us for our Autumn/Fall Colours Polkadoodles Challenge

Karon DT, Polkadoodles

Anita Byrne said...

Stunning creation thanks for joining the Autumn colours fun over at Polkadoodles and good luck.
Anita (DT)
http://www.polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/

Darnell J Knauss said...

Terrific, as always, Karen! And such a thoughtful and informative post, so thank you for that, too!! I hope you are having a good day!! Hugs, Darnell

Tracy said...

Hello my lovely, it made me smile seeing your lovely comment.
I hope you are ok ? I'm doing ok thanks, great to be back to crafting.
I love this card, the off centre works perfectly and I so need this stamp !!!
Sending lots of hugs hun xxxxx

Deepti said...

This is fabulous, love the dimension and the depth !! Thank you for sharing with ATCAS :)

Bhavana said...

very pretty card. Thanks for sharing your card with us at ATCAS