Thursday, 5 November 2015

Lots of Bling at Let's Craft & Create ...


Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  It’s a new month and that means a new theme at Let’s Craft & Create Challenge and November’s the challenge is Lots of Bling (um I might have gone a bit OTT with the pink and the bling lol) and here is my card …
 
An A5 card and okay to post too 
   
Lovely soft pink shimmer!  Such a pretty and delicate die with a bit more texture
 
A final look

I’m able to enter these Challenges too
Allsorts Challenge #335 Christmas
Inspired by White Christmas & O Tannenbaum whilst creating these cards and 
I was humming merrily away too
Suzy Bee’s Bloomin’ Challenge #104 Anything Goes twist of Shabby Chic:
I am a newbie trying to create Shabby Chic style
Time Out Challenge Christmas with the optional twist of pink &/or purple
Winter Wonderland Challenge Anything Goes Christmas


This card was mostly created with many snippets and very old stash lol.  I folded an A4 piece of 300 gsm card to create an A5 card.  The PP is very old from my use it up paper stash.   The rest of the paper and card are from my snippets box because I have a lot of snippet backgrounds from where I’ve played with colour, inks & paints this past year.  The snowflake panel was coloured with H2O’s and stamped and embossed with one of my favourite snowflake stamps.  The purple panel was a small white card snippet that I coloured with AquaTints (ATs).  The die cut tree was a cream card snippet coloured with ATs.  Snowflakes were die cut from silver paper snippets coloured with my ATs.  Flowers were cut from a thick silver paper, which is almost like fabric on the reverse.

I recommend that you go and see what my team mates have created too: they are very talented card artists and their gorgeous projects can be seen over at Let’s Craft & Create Challenge details below or on the LHS bar.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x



Catherine Ammarisart
Gail Gail’s Corner aka Gail 
Monika Cohenna.com 



Tools
Stamp: Visible Image

Die Cutting: Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Memory Box Tree die; Whimsy Stamps snowflake die (another win from the lovely Playground); Joy Crafts flower die

Miscellaneous Tools: heat gun; pot of water; spray bottle of water

Stash
Card Paper: 300 gsm card; Anya PP #; cream snippets #; silver paper snippets #

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Pink H2O paint; WOW white embossing powder

Embellishments:
Organza ribbon #; white brads #; bling mesh; Wild Orchid Crafts pink stamens

Adhesives/Mediums:
Double sided tape; Collall all purpose glue; funky foam

# VOS: very old stash and tools 7 years minimum, no idea how long I have owned them or if available to purchase

17 comments:

sandie said...

so pleased you joined us again! I don'y think this is too much pink-we love to see it. I adore the pink panel with the white snowflakes. Thank you for leaving us a comment on our blog and thanks for playing with us at To

rachel said...

beautiful colours Karen - lots of lovely techniques on display! Hugs rachel x

Wendy L said...

Great colours on your lovely Christmas card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

Pamellia Johnson said...

Beautiful Karen, love the Christmas tree and non-traditional colours!!

Hugs :)
My Little Craft Things

Helene E said...

I just love the colours! And thank you so much for entering our Christmas challenge at Allsorts this week.

Sally H said...

A beautiful card, Karen. great colours! It is nice to deviate from the traditional every now and then, isn't it? x

Joyce said...

Gorgeous project, and I do not think you can ever have too much bling. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Yes Karen plenty of bling here and it looks gorgeous too. Love the pink and the papers you have chosen. The tree die is beautiful, I haven't seen this one before.
I agree with your comments about Hobby craft, they are really expensive so I won't go there now and just get what I want online. We have The Range which stocks some things but as you say if you need a specific item then ordering online is best.
Hope you are well.
Lorraine

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

It's a gorgeous card, Karen, The colours are brilliant.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Carol said...

Lots of delightful textures here Karen...a lovely piece. Carol x

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

I adore this card and think it is the absolute perfect mix of pink and bling! You CAN'T go over the top with such things as far as I'm concerned! You really did a masterful job with how you chose to arrange all the elements and I love the delicacy of your tree. Beautiful texture with the ribbon and I love the subtle snowflakes in the background. You always have such a fabulous eye for design and detail and this card shows that perfectly. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

NGCARDS said...

This is a beautiful creation! Thanks for playing in our sparkle challenge at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Kimbo said...

That is such a pretty tree

Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

Sandie Gough said...

Oooh Karen, such great colours and I adore that die! so pretty x
Thank you for visiting my blog again, and leaving such awesome comments, you make me smile xx
The SN challenge winners are done as soon as possible and normally within a week of close, but as it was the Birthday celebrations everyone at HQ is running to get all the orders and other stuff processed so if you can just hang tight the results will be out just as soon as they can xx

Gerrina said...

Your pink and purple looks great! Not to much at all... Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and sharing!

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Karen
Thank you for your kind comments.
I got very confused as I thought you had given up blogging as I had your old blog on my reading list.
I see its been hijacked by some Indonesian squatter lol!
Found you now. Fab card in some of my favourite colours.
Best wishes.
Ang x

Paradise Lost said...

What a beautiful card! I love your colour choice and that die is amazing!
~~julia~~