Wednesday, 4 November 2015

Numbers, Flowers and a Butterfly ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  Life is very busy and I’m not going to time to sit and create from scratch this week.  So I’ve a few quick cards to share this week so I could enter challenges as well as use my ‘created by me background’ stash and I needed a quick thank you card for a friend and here it is …

 
Another A6 but good to post 
A final look

Created for family and these Challenges
Crop Stop Challenge Blog #9 Link Party
Inspiration Emporium Challenge Mission Embossable:
There is embossing powder on my project
Suzy Bee’s Bloomin’ Challenge #104 Anything Goes twist of Shabby Chic:
I am a newbie trying to create Shabby Chic style
it is very soft, I hope it’s ok
WOW Embossing Powder Challenge Anything Goes


I used two different snippets to create this card as well as my lovely butterfly stamp, two different EPs,  ribbon I’ve had for a very long time (thanks to my friend Helen I have some lovely ribbon in addition to the candy ribbon I won) and several WOC daisies.  This card is a thank you card that is going to a friend and as I need a couple of those this week I got to whip a couple up very quickly this afternoon. 

I only recently created the orange panel that is stamped with the numbers and I remember exactly what I did.  I used a thick largish snippet of double sided pearl card.  Because they have a natural shimmer I wanted to see if it was coloured with an AquaTint would the pearly shine still be there and it is: yay!  I coloured another snippet, white matt card, with the same ink and put them aside to dry.  The final step was to stamp, add EP and heat emboss both pieces: simples! 

My blogging and visiting will be more miss than hit this week.  I’ve a GP appointment I have to get to and I’m still not right after that blooming fall last week.  I am hoping to get to the Post Office and do some local shopping.  Until I can do that I can’t the prizes out to my candy winners, for which I hugely apologise.  We’re just hoping that the GP doesn’t insist I go to A&E because I’m pretty sure nothing is broken but I feel so blooming awful still!

I was hoping to be able to create my Tim tag before or over the weekend as I’ve become strict about that.  I copy the step by step techniques and photos Tim shares on the 1st of the month and then I don’t visit his tag post until mine is created and photographed.  If I start comparing my attempts to others then the bad OCD kicks in and I get obsessed.  All because I want to learn more crafty stuff lol! 


Although I’m not stamping or creating projects I’m practicing my drawing skills.  Some things have improved and others well maybe I will get better with time lol!  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this week  ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:  Tim Holtz CMS213 Perspective stamp set; very old centimetre measurement stamp #

Miscellaneous Tools: heat gun; paint brushes; pot of water; pipettes; palette

Supplies
Card Paper: snippets cream pearl card #; 300 gsm card

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Spectrum Noir AquaTints Beautifully Grunge; WOW clear EP; Cosmic Shimmer black pearl EP #

Embellishments: WOC daisies #; ribbon #

Adhesives/Mediums: Versamark IP; Collall all purpose glue


# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 5 years old

15 comments:

brenda said...

As always a beautiful creation Karen and loving the warm and welcoming colours you have used.

B x

Pamellia Johnson said...

Wow Karen, this is gorgeous. Love that butterfly! Just popped my head in to say thanks so much for all of the kind comments you left for me while I was away, you are so sweet! I am mostly all settled in now and finally able to take some time to visit my favourite blogs!! Also, in case you noticed that I had unfollowed you, there were some issues with my reading list and I unfollowed a whole bunch of blogs to try and fix the issue. Hope I didn`t offend you, I am your newest follower (again) tee hee.

Take care and I will see you again soon. hugs :)

Guadalupe Galvis said...

Very pretty. I love the colors

Jo Rice said...

Fantastic card Karen, and fabulous colours. I adore the butterfly too. Thanks for sharing it with us over at Fussy and Fancy. Jo X

rachel said...

this is gorgeous Karen - loving that butterfly!!! hugs rachel x

Lisa H said...

You created a beautiful, cheerful card! Thanks for sharing with us at Inspiration Journal. =)

Gina Knott said...

This is a beautiful card! I love the design! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx

Michelle said...

Hi Karen! Sounds like you have had a busy week!
Thank you for sharing your work with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. I've really enjoyed seeing your cards. The butterfly is gorgeous with the little floral trim. So pretty! Thanks again! ~Michelle

Sally H said...

A stunning creation, Karen! I LOVE that butterfly and your backgrounds are wonderful!

Norma said...

Beautiful card, Karen. A gorgeous butterfly--I love butterflies! A wonderfully designed card. Love it.
Thank for sharing your card with us at the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge.
Hugs,
Norma

NGCARDS said...

This is a beautiful creation! Thanks for playing in our sparkle challenge at Creative Inspirations! xxx

jenn shurkus said...

absolutely gorgeous card! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

E said...

Great design and love the Butterfly . Thank you for joining us at Kaftin' Kimmie Stamps WW Challenge! Hugs

Karin Åkesdotter said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! Thank you so much for playing with us at the Inspiration Journal, hugs, Karin

laurie said...

So pretty! I love the butterfly!