Thursday, 31 December 2015

A Clean and Simple Card ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  My lovely new pens are being tried out in one of my new mixed media pad and I’ve got to say I am in love with how they look right now, and that’s before I’ve stamped and coloured with them lol!  I have a CAS card to share with you and here is …

  
A nice flat A6 card  
I adore this flower stamp  
Lovely bit of texture
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #342/343 Anything But Christmas 
Deep Ocean Challenge #119 Anything Goes 
Sweet Stamps Challenge December Anything Goes 
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #216 Anything Goes


I am definitely craving warmer and brighter days right now!  The weather in the UK is grey and damp and I can feel that in my bones, and I hate that I do!  Anyways a card I created with my Spectrum Noir AquaTints and Stamplorations large Helenium stamp, I love, lurve, love this stamp!  I’m happy how this one turned out, although, predictably I couldn’t leave it completely CAS: I had to add a little of me to my card and this time I used lovely textured trim. 
I coloured the stamp by applying the AquaTints with a paintbrush to the stamp and then I stamped in position.  I planned on doing the no line colouring technique but it was all too one layer in colour so I had to go back in to add definition: it looked like a red and yellow blob before I did.  A snippet for the die cut sentiment with was coloured with the red AquaTints before I applied Stickles to it: awesome sparkle for a change lol!
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon.  ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Stamplorations Stamps: Stamp Lab large Helenium stamp
Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Whimsy sentiment die
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; pot of water; heat gun

Supplies
Card Paper:
A6 card; snippet for die cutting
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Perfectly Primary
Embellishments:
Country View Crafts: ribbon/trim; Stickles: Frosted Lace glitter glue
Adhesive/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue

5 comments:

SARN said...

I can feel Spring is nearly here in this card!

Happy New Year to you Karen.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Craftnut said...

Thanks for joining us at allsorts Tracy

Virginia Lu said...

BEAUTIFUL, Karen! the layering of colors is gorgeous! You have achieved a great result here! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Party” Challenge! Happy 2016!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Karen! I love how you say "a simple card"....LOL It's simple for you because you ROCK, but this would NOT be simple for me. I can't paint, color, etc. to save my life. That's why I avoid digis. It's just not my talent at all. We all have God-given gifts that are different, and this one really shows your talent. Great job. I stick to things that are already colored. LOL Thanks SO MUCH for sharing your talents wtih us.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

P..S. And don't forget.....You are also most warmly welcome to stop by and play along in our challenges at CropStop - monthly Anything Goes with a chance to win some more prizes from CropStop. I hope you will play along there as well. You can find that challenge here:
www.cropstop.com/blog

Kim said...

This is such a pretty CAS card. The colors are so pretty. Thanks for joining us at sweetstamps.com

Kim - SSDT