Thursday, 10 December 2015

CAS Christmas with Spectrum Noir #2 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  A quickish post and another CAS Christmas card today and here it is …
  
An A6 quick and flat 

Created for me and especially for these Challenges


I always have to add a little something to my versions of CAS.  It’s not something I plan to do when starting a card that has to be CAS.  I started this card by stamping the house and the greeting onto the card then I grabbed some kitchen towel to place over the card to protect it before colouring the house.  I have to do that because I am a klutz, not something that I boast about it’s just the truth.  Once I painted the house and it dried I dry embossed around the card about 5mm in from the edge.  To my eyes it was missing something and didn’t have enough texture and as the gesso is always out these days I thought the house needed snow and after I did that I added more around the edges – as I said CAS does not come easy to me.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon.  ttfn Karen x








Tools
Stamp:
Premium Brands Snowy Cottage stamp set
Stampin’ Up Curly Cute set

Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; pipettes; pot of water; glue applicator (gesso); palette knife (texture paste); scoring tool; ruler

Stash
Card Paper:
300 gsm card cut and scored to create an A6 card

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge; Essentials; Perfectly Primary
The Works: Gesso

14 comments:

Carol said...

Great CAS card Karen, love the added snow. Carol x

Tracy Crafty Freeman said...

BRILLIANT CAS hunni, the little bit of dimension is just perfect !!

Sorry to hear you aren't doing great hun, i totally understand though and i am always here if you want anything. Try and keep smiling hunni.
Sending lots of big squishy Tracy hugs xxxx

SARN said...

This is just so PERFECT Karen. I love it.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

rachel said...

brilliant make karen. love the stamp and the snow looks fabulous x

Carole Robb Bisson said...

I like the show. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 213th FF AG challenge! Advent Blessings, Carole

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card, thank you for calling in today at Sweet Stampin'. Debbie X

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

Such a lovely CAS Christmas card - love the house. This is just perfect for our 'Snow Time' challenge this week. Thank you for sharing and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

Inkyfingers said...

What a lovely CAS card and I think the snow was a great finishing touch!
Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers.
Hugs
Carol x

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What an absolutely innovative card you've made here! You really brought this house to life with the touches of dimensional snow. I like how you continued the snow around the border of the card, too. The house itself is so whimsical and just a bit wonky, which I adore. You've done a wonderful job of creating a whole Christmas feeling with your thoughtful scene and it was a joy to see! Thank you for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. I wish you and yours the happiest of holidays!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A great CAS card and I love the frosty house image Karen.
Lorraine

Susan said...

Love the rustic house and the fabulous snow! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers.

Team Clark said...

So very pretty! What a great stamp, love that snow!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful card with lovely image.
Thanks for joining us at Artitsic Stamper this month.

Linda said...

Fabulous card .... love the added snow. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. Linda xx