Monday, 7 December 2015

December CAS with Spectrum Noir #1 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I am struggling with these days shooting past so much quicker than I need them to.  Thankfully I think there is only after five or six Christmas cards required which is one heck of a blessing.  Making them CAS style really does help me to power through them.  Here is today’s share …
  
Another A6 card nice and small for posting 
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge CHNC258 Time to Decorate
 Eclectic Ellapu Challenge Purple: To Die For 
 Papertake Weekly Challenge Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #213 Anything Goes


I think this is the first year that I have managed to create one layer cards.  I’ve had to take into account the UK post costs, time, health and inclination lol!  I will be creating several special cards for close family and friends and I know we’ll pay for that but if it is for mum or my brother and Bethan the cost of posting doesn’t come into it ever.

One thing I can share with you now is that in May I am going to become an Aunt!!!  I am so happy for Luke and Bethan, so very happy for them and this new adventure and whilst they were on holiday several months ago my brother asked Bethan to marry him and she said yes, so in 2016 I will become an aunt and in 2017 they will be married and, oh yesh, I have offered to do the wedding stationery depending on what they want and if I am well enough.  It is something good to look forward to for both of us. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon and you have a wonderful weekend  ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Premium Brands Poinsettia stamp
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug
Crafter’s Companion: Die’sire Happy Christmas die; Downton Abbey Half Doily die
Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; pot of water; heat gun

Supplies
Card Paper:
Snippets of Crafter’s Companion A4 Centura Pearl Snow White Accents card; 300 gsm card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Perfectly Primary; Essentials; Beautifully Grunge
Sakura sparkle clear pen
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad: Victorian Velvet
Embellishments:
Tim Holtz Distress Stickles: Worn Lipstick #
Sequins #
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 5 years old


10 comments:

Mrs A. said...

These look most elegant. Gorgeous colouring. Hugs Mrs A.

brenda said...

Super colours and design which make for a lovely creation Karen.

B x

Di said...

Fabulous card Karen - love that half doily die and it goes perfectly with the wonderful poinsettia and the sentiment. Very elegant.

Wonderful news about your nephew and fiancee - a baby and a wedding to look forward to. Some lovely times ahead!

Hugs

Di xx

rachel said...

that poinsettia is gorgeous Karen - and congratulations on the two happy events to look forward to! Big hugs! Rachel x

Barb said...

Your card looks lovely Karen and you've got lots of good things ahead to look forward to now. Congratulations to Luke and Bethan. Barbxx

Carol said...

A gorgeous CAS card Karen, so elegant. Lots to look forward to for you all. Carol x

Sandra said...

What a wonderful Christmas card. The poinsettia looks amazing. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Melissa L. said...

This is very pretty, Karen. I love poinsettias! Lots of nice white space too. Thanks for playing along at ATSM's Holiday Challenge. Melissa

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

Lovely card with so beautiful poinsettias !!
thanks for playing with us this month at The Artistic Stamper's Christmas challenge ! Titbelsoeur DT.

Jo Ann said...

What a great Christmas card. Thanks a lot for joining last week's Challenge and would love to see you again this week at Word Art Wednesday. Leaving you with an encouragement found in Psalm 125:2 which tells us, "As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the LORD surrounds his people both now and forevermore." Have a great day!

Hugs always,
JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com