Monday, 28 December 2015

Mum's Christmas Card ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope you are having a wonderful Christmas time surrounded by many loved ones.  I also hope you have not been affected by these awful floods: if you have please accept a hug from us.  Today I am sharing the card I made for my mum and here it is …

  
It was quite minimal ten days ago and then I realised we couldn't get out I so I added more depth 
This was one of the stamps that I won from Brenda: and I love it!  Thank you Brenda! 
  
When I realised that I could experiment on this one going shabby chic I was so happy! 
 

I also used a lot of different snippets!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Card Mania Challenge #75 Christmas
Papertake Weekly Challenge it’s their final challenge which makes me very sad!
Pick your favourite challenge and mine is and always has been Anything Goes
I used snippets for stamping and colouring and snippets for die cutting
Stamping Sensations Challenge Anything Goes with a Stamp and a Ribbon
Winter Wonderland Challenge Christmas Bingo: Snowflakes; Animal; Ribbon


We had a nice quiet Christmas Day on our own and my mum, brother and Bethan (brother’s fiancée) came to visit on Boxing Day and I know I mentioned in a previous post that Bethan is pregnant.  She is at twenty weeks now and just starting to show.  I don’t think you would notice it if you didn’t know her well, lol, even though she is saying she is getting fat she isn’t.

Because of computer issues and other stuff I haven’t been able to blog since the 1st December, grr!  And because of that ‘other stuff’ I’ve not been able to get out of the house for a long time and I forgot to get OH to purchase postage stamps along with the online food shopping argg!  That meant that no Christmas cards were posted to family or friends.  If you normally receive a Christmas card from me but didn’t this year please accept my sincere apologies because getting out was not possible. 

The DH did not receive a Christmas card this year and my mum and brother did not get their Christmas cards until Boxing Day when they visited.  This card started out as quite a simple design because I planned to post it.  When I realised we could not get to the post office I decided to embellish and try one of my shabby chic experiments again.  This card is much busier than my normal style and I love it and so did mum: that’s the most important thing!  I used an 8” square card blank, onto which I attached the first layer of Craftwork Cards dark purple dry embossed card.  I stamped the image onto white snippets twice and coloured both with my AquaTints.  Once dry I added a lavender dry embossed card as another layer, I fussy cut the bird and foliage before attaching it to the first stamped layer.  I added a layer of heavily altered paper (acrylic paint, glossy gel, stencil, heat embossing in gold and silver).  I matted the larger stamped and coloured image onto light purple Craftwork Cards dry embossed card adding a thick border.  I positioned the ribbon down the LHS before attaching the matted panel to make sure that it looked right before gluing anything in place.  Then I took out a lot of different flowers which I distressed with acrylic paint and sparkled with glitter.  I die cut several shapes from coloured and white card snippets and attached those next.  Finally I worked out where I want the embellishments to be before gluing them in position: simples yet very fancy and I think it falls into the shabby chic label which makes me very happy!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon: I will be playing with my Spectrum Noir Aqua pens for the foreseeable future (present from my lovely OH) lol!  ttfn Karen x











Tools
Stamp:
Stamps Happen Inc: #80371 Chickadee

Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Downton Abbey: Half Doily Die
Crafters Companion Die’sire Only Words Essentials: Happy Christmas
Marianne: poinsettia die set
Memory Box: snowflake corner die
Sizzix: holly and berry die
Whimsy: snowflake die set

Stencil:
Tando circle mask

Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat tool; paint brushes; pot of water

Supplies
Card Paper:
Craft UK: 8” square card
Craftwork Cards: embossed card #
Lavender coloured patterned paper #  (which I altered a lot!)
Snippets white card for stamping
Snippets white card for die cutting

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Perfectly Primary
Versamark IP; Cosmic Shimmer: black EP #; Gold and silver EP #
Sakura sparkle pens: clear; gold
Gold rub on wax #
The Works: gesso; acrylic paints in gold & purple
Stickles Glitter Glue: frosty lace; purple # and pink # from my stash which are closest to the current colours of lavender and thistle

Embellishments:
Wild Orchid Crafts: chrysanthemums; sweetheart blossoms; stamens; rose leaves
Prima wood icons in a box: leaves and mushrooms
Clear glitter #; ribbon #: from a duvet cover and pillowcase set

Adhesives/Mediums:
Maimeri glossy gel; Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; Tesco funky foam


# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 6 years old


11 comments:

Carol said...

A beautiful make Karen, love all the added embellishments. Carol x

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful creation.

brenda said...

Super card and design Karen and so much lovely dimension.

Many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

Happy New Year to you and yours.

B x

Dora said...

Beautiful details on your creation to see. Beautiful!!
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

Viv's Visuals said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations!

Sally H said...

A gorgeous creation, Karen and perfect for our theme at stamping Sensations this month. I hope you are okay and 2016 is a better year for you xxx Thanks for joining in at stamping Sensations and good luck!

Evie said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Card Mania Challenge. Good luck.

Evie - DT member.

Di said...

Wow Karen, what a beautiful card! I adore all the wonderful detail you added and bet your Mum was thrilled with it!

Hugs

Di xx

Gayatri said...

WOW! Beautiful card. Amazing details to admire. Love them all. Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Make it Sparkle challenge.
Gayatri xx

Eileen said...

A really stunning card with so many elements that go together so well. Love all that lilac and that bird is just toooooo cute. Thanks for joining in with our 'Bingo' challenge at Winter Wonderland, and good luck
Eileen x DT Coordinator

Anna-Karin said...

This is beautiful Karen! I love the birds and all the details and layers. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Happy New Year!