Tuesday, 8 December 2015

Not CAS with Spectrum Noir ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors I am chasing my tail right now so this is a very quick post with yet another Christmas card and here it is …

  
A lot of inkiness and nicely flat for posting!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge CHNC258 Time to Decorate
Papertake Weekly Challenge Fun fun fun in the snow!
I used snippets for stamping and colouring and snippets for die cutting
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Holly Jolly Stamping
Whimsy Stamps Challenge #88 Anything Goes Christmas


This was a snippet buster in so many ways.  The image I stamped and coloured was onto a leftover, the die cuts were all from the tiny and not so tiny pieces of white card that I protect to use just for this type of card.  I do love the snow I can create using white gesso and as much as the fact that this card is perfect for Christmas to my mind I went a little OTT with inking up the base too but I was desperate to use this stencil.  My lovely friend Helen is a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator and as there was a special on certain stamps and one of them is one of the SU stamp sets I have wanted for ages so my lovely DH said get that and check and see if there’s anything else you’d love well there was a special offer on a set of stencils and I just had to put it in my basket.  It feels good to help a friend a little and I know one stamp won’t do much but I’m hoping to be able to purchase more next year.  I will be keeping my eye open though as there are at least three more sets that I err, ahem, need lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Crafter’s Companion: Mulberry Wood Across the Miles stamp set

Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Crafter’s Companion sentiment die; Whimsy Snowflake dies

Stencil:
Stampin’ Up: Hearts & Stars stencil set purchased from my friend Helen

Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; pipettes; pot of water; ink blending tool and foam

Stash
Card:
300 gsm card; snippets white card for stamping and die cutting

Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Perfectly Primary; Essentials; Grunge
Versafine IP: black
Adirondack IP: Denim
The Works: gesso
Sakura Sparkle pen #; Glitter #

Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; Washi tape (to hold stencil in place)


# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 5 years old

13 comments:

Carol said...

Such a cute image Karen and I love the snow. Carol x

brenda said...

First of all Karen, I want to thank you for taking the time to scroll down my posts yesterday and leave some lovely comments, I know how much time it takes and really do appreciate it.

Your card today had a lovely warm and welcoming feel to it with the sweet image, the stars and all the snow.

B x

Pamellia Johnson said...

Beautiful image Karen, wow! Love all the added snow, such a fabulous wintery card! hugs :)

Maura Hibbitts said...

Karen, what a fun snowy card! I get the feeling of a long trek through the snowstorm to get those Christmas cards mailed out :) So glad you joined us for the Holly Jolly stamping challenge at Simon Says Stamp this week! May your days be merry and bright!

rachel said...

a gorgeous card Karen and so nice to be able to support your friend with buying stamps - lol!!! great idea! Hugs rachel x

Tracy Crafty Freeman said...

Hello my lovely :) I hope you are well and staying dry and warm.

You know what ...i love this ! the snowflakes off the card look fab ! and the sentiment wrapping around the image is great !

Stay safe my lovely friend xxxx

Barb said...

A lovely snowy card and the little scene looks pretty. Well done treating yourself and good old hubby too. Barbxx

Di said...

Cute image and such a pretty snowy card! Love it!

Hugs

Di xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Karen, I can feel the snow storm, thank you for sharing with Sweet Stampin'. Have a lovely weekend!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Wedgie said...

Fab card Karen, perfect for our challenge this week.
Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

NGCARDS said...

A beautiful creation! Thanks for playing this week at PTW! xxx

ionabunny said...

Pretty and sweet card. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance Challenge. Hugz

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Nice card, quite similar to the other one and yet different!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Rubber Dance again!