Friday, 29 January 2016

Another sketch, that is mixed media, CAS and a CASE ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was a good one and you have fabulous plans for the weekend!  I have several projects to create, many more to finish and several blog posts to type too, so this is going to be as shortish as I can make it and here is my card … 

  
Another A6, most definitely mixed media yet still CAS, love that! 
You can see the details from the Stamplorations stencil as well as the VI stamp
I do love stamps that work look like little blobs!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
I adore the layout that Kylie used, not sure if I am allowed to enter the same card into more than one HLS Challenge at the same time.   
If not allowed let me know and I’ll remove from the CASE Challenge.
A leftover piece of the A4 masterboard I created for project/s yet to be shared
The Artistic Stamper Challenge January Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #218 Anything Goes


I created this card for multiple challenges using a technique Eileen Godwin has recently shared, see blog post one and post two.  Of course I never follow the techniques fully, always have to add a little of me into the mix, lol.  Because of that my A4 masterboard has not turned out like Eileen’s.  So I am going to try this again being a bit more aware of the stencils that I use, lol, after I have finished using this A4 masterboard. 
The other reason for a card is that the very lovely and talented Katy has shared some of her gorgeous creations recently using Visible Image stamps.  They have been resting for a while whilst I have been trying new techniques, new products and other new stamps.  They always come out to play again at some point though because I adore them!
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this weekend  ttfn Karen x








Tools & Supplies
Stamp: Visible Image stamps:

Die Cutting Machine & Dies:

Stencil: Stamplorations stencil: foiled again

Miscellaneous Tools: piece of foam; craft mat

Card Paper: 2 x A4 300 gm smooth card

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Adirondack IPs#:

Embellishments: Stickles Glitter Glue: Crystal

Adhesives/Mediums: The Works: Gesso; Collall all purpose glue; Washi tape

 # VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 5 years old


11 comments:

Virginia Lu said...

What a fun background! Lovely design all around! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

Mrs A. said...

Super CAS background and then your stamped square quite fussy whilst still giving the appearancce of being CAS. A fab make. Hugs Mrs a. (following u following me).

brenda said...

More lovely inks and textures Karen and like the blue as it's a colour I don't seem to use often and should do.

B x

Di said...

Another fabulous card Karen- you're really trying out some super techniques - with great results.

Hugs

Di xx

Kylie said...

Another beauty, Karen. I'm loving that you are using these techniques. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Brenda said...

Oh Karen, I love this card! So fun, so mixed media, so CAS! Love the colors, just love it all! Hugs, Brenda

sweet art designs said...

Wonderful CAS card. Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

Tanja said...

love the soft blue - thanks for sharing your project at the HLS Mixed Media Challenge

Shona Chambers said...

I love blue and white together and this caught my eye straight away!! You've got so many different techniques going on here and yet it definitely has a CAS quality about it. Love how you created that board and would love to see it in person. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Happy Little Stampers!!

SARN said...

Very cool card Karen. Love this. Eileen is wonderful isn't she . . . very inspiring.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

NGCARDS said...

A fantastic creation! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this fortnight! xxx