Monday, 11 January 2016

Black and white with a smidge of silver ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I’ve seen some of this month’s challenge and I wanted to play a little lol!  The challenge at Rubber Dance Art Stamps is black and white with a twist and as I choose not to make many black and white cards it was a perfect opportunity for me to push myself so here it is …

 
An A6 card so fun to make, love these stamps
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Crafty Calendar Challenge Something New: stamp and embossing folder
 Crop Stop Challenge Blog #11 Anything Goes
Fab N Funky Challenge #286 Something New: stamp and embossing folder 

Black and White + one other colour

Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge Something New:  stamp & embossing folder
#1 I chose Sparkles; Embossing; New

The Artistic Stamper Challenge January Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #217 Anything Goes
WOW Embossing Powder Challenge Anything Goes with Embossing Powder


I stamped and embossed the camera onto two pieces of snippets of white card and coloured the first one with shades of black AquaTints.  I didn’t want any white to be visible on the stamped topper so I watered the ink down, a lot (it is a deep dark dense black and it’s only when you water it down that you realise it is made up of other colours)!  Once I coloured the first image I wanted certain areas of the camera to look like glass or metal.  I applied the silver AquaTints but it didn’t look right so I mixed white AquaTints with a small amount of the silver AquaTints.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x








Tools & Supplies
Stamp:
Simon Says Stamps & Tim Holtz 2015 stamp set

Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug; Sizzix Moustache embossing folder set

Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; heat gun; pot of water

Card Paper:
300 gsm card;
Snippets: embossing folder; stamping and decoupage; DP/PP #

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Essentials set
Black shimmer EP #

Adhesives/Mediums:
Versamark IP; Collall all purpose glue; funky foam; double sided tape


# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old

17 comments:

Sara Barker said...

Love the black and white theme and your camera looks fabulous with the embossing!

Tracy Freeman said...

Hiya my lovely, Hope you are ready for the cold, make sure you stay wrapped up and as warm as possible.

what can I say....I LOVE it, the embossing is fantastic and works perfectly with the image.
Sending hugs my lovely xxx

Barb said...

What a great card. I love those blueprint stamps and the embossing down the side looks great. Barbxx

SARN said...

COR . . .this is really cool honey.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Brenda said...

You do black and white beautifully Karen! I am so loving this card. It is just fabulous and I love that touch of silver too. Hugs, Brenda

rachel said...

this looks wonderful Karen - I really love monochrome but hardly ever use it myself! Must try harder! Hugs rachel x

Helen said...

A great card - love the embossed border.

Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky.

Helen x

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Awesome card, Karen! Love the embossed camera and how you coloured it in. Thank you for joining our January challenge! ♥

Tracie Pond said...

Welcome back, Karen! Fabulous embossing and sparkle. Such a creative card.

Tracie Pond
Stamping Smiles Designs
Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge
#ssdtictactoechallenge
Design Team Member

Susanne Rose said...

Super cool masculine card. The embossing makes it special. Thank you for joining the Rubber Dance Challenge. Use "susanne2016" in the Rubber Dance online store to get 15% discount.

Darnell J Knauss said...

Ooooh, I do so love a black and white design, Karen, and I feel like this is a winner in those challenges!! Well done! Hugs, Darnell

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Karen, I love the whole design of this, absolutely fabulous ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

hi Karen, this is a very beautiful card !
thanks for playing with us at The Artistic Stamper's monthly challenge.

ionabunny said...

This is gorgeous. Love that little camera stamp and the fun embossed border. Thanks for joining us at the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

Karen Letchworth said...

This is SUPER cool, Karen. I love the texture in it as well. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful creation with us in our challenge, and please come back to join us again soon.
Blessings to you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

P.S. You're also welcome to stop by CropStop to link up there as well. We'd LOVE to have you join us.
www.cropstop.com/blog

Beverley said...

Great card. I love the camera stamp. Thanks for joining in our "Something New" challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
Hugs
Bev x

Rein said...

Love your card!