Sunday, 10 January 2016

Clean and Simple with shimmer ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well.  I have another CAS card to share today and here it is …

  
  
Another CAS card!  eek! 
I love this flower stamp and I am reasonably happy with my colouring!

A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
As You Like It Challenge Anything Goes
Crafts Galore Encore Challenge #25 Anything Goes 

#1 I chose Shaped Frame; Embossing; Gold

  Stamplorations CAS Challenge #1 Anything Goes 
Optional Twist: I used a silver gel pen to add definition to the stamped flower

The Artistic Stamper Challenge January Anything Goes


I have several white cards that started out as bases for CAS cards but they are mucky with inky fingerprints, ink, paint or whatever medium I have used has ended up on the back of my cards, yes, I am a mucky stamp addict, I’ve learnt to accept and embrace this lol!  I try to create one layer clean and simple cards but I have lots of mucky cards. 
I started out using one of those mucky cards and a snippet of white card.  I used a flower stamp and stamped with very pale ink onto a snippet and coloured the image with my SNATs (Spectrum Noir AquaTints) and that sounds so simple lol!  I coloured just the petals adding a layer of colour and then heat drying that before adding another layer: I love the finished look of light and shadow!  Eventually I moved on to the stem and leaf and the centre of the flower was the final and finishing layer of ink/paint.  Once the whole piece was dry it was missing a little definition so I used my very sparkly Sakura pens, some with silver sparkle, some with gold sparkle and the middle of the flower I used Sakura yellow and orange.  Once the panel was dry I glued it in place onto the inky card and I was able to hide a fingerprint and a splash of paint too.  I then used a medium embossing tool to dry emboss around the panel making it look like a frame.
The wonderful thing about this card is that it looks quite clean and simple in design but a lot of work went into creating it and it took me time to create it.  I enjoyed creating this one and I really enjoyed practicing my colouring with my SNATs: more will be created this way.  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp: Stamplorations Stamps: Stamp Lab Large Helenium stamp set

Miscellaneous Tools: Paintbrushes; pot of water; heat gun

Supplies
Card Paper: 300 gsm white card; snippet white card for stamping on

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Perfectly Primary; Sakura Sparkle Gel Pens

Adhesives/MediumsCollall all purpose glue


18 comments:

rachel said...

a beautiful CAS make - love it! Gorgeous Karen. Hugs Rachel x

Cathy said...

Gorgeous CAS card Karen, that flower is so pretty, Cathy x

Cathy said...

Gorgeous CAS card Karen, this flower is so pretty, Cathy x

Brenda said...

What a beautiful CAS card Karen! Your watercoloring is fabulous. I am so loving that flower stamp. I think watercoloring always takes time to do, but always well worth it. Hugs, Brenda

Stir Your Creativity said...

Fabulous card Karen.

brenda said...

A lovely card and welcome reminder of brighter sunnier days Karen.

B x

Tracy Freeman said...

Hello lovely, i hioe you are well ?? Sorry for not stopping by fibro has been an arse and then ended up with some virus and ear infection so just getting back to the land of the living.

Such a lovely card and i think this stamp works perfectly being CAS.
Sending hugs xxx

SARN said...

My oh my that is one very PRETTY card Karen.
Hugs, Sarn xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely floral image and beautiful CAS card Karen.
Lorraine

Di said...

LOVE this Karen - beautiful colours. Tee, hee - I thought I was seeing double as Loll used the same image a card or three before your entry! :)

Hugs

Di xx

cuilliesocks said...

Lovely card Karen, the image and colours are so beautiful, Kate x

Toni said...

Wonderfully CAS and your coloring is fab--love the color combo! Thanks for sharing at Stamplorations!

Toni

Zw@@n said...

I love these CAS cards! Gorgeous stamp and colours. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

Tracie Pond said...

Hello Karen,

Thank you for joining us for the first Stamping Smiles Designs, Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge. Such a pretty flower. I love your coloring and the added interest the embossing gives.

Tracie Pond
Stamping Smiles Designs
Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge
#ssdtictactoechallenge
Design Team Member

Alison C said...

This is a lovely image and your colouring has given it real definition. Your card does look very clean and fresh - speaking as another mucky stamper!

Katarzyna Ewa said...

You make this flower very vibrant colour. Perfect. Also I want to thank you for all your comments. This is the link to the toppers you like so much as me https://www.etsy.com/listing/111235714/baby-25-inch-circles-set-of-12-digital

CraftyNatalie said...

Hi, Great card. Thank you for joining in at Creative Inspirations. Good luck!
CraftyNatalie {DT}
http://craftynataliesblog.blogspot.com

Inky Kitty said...

Lovely card, thank you for joining in this months challenge at The Artistic Stamper.