Monday, 4 January 2016

Favourite Five #2 ...


Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  Today’s look back was fun and hard at the same time lol!  I struggled to pick five favourite 2015 cards but it in the end it came down to the ones I loved then and still do the bonus is that they are also the cards that taught me a lot although I didn’t realise it at first lol.

  #1 Watercolour, inks, H2O paints and glossy medium on one card that had stamping and stencilling.  I had fun combining them and learnt more about them.

 #2 Stamping onto PP/DP, colouring the images and applying glossy medium once I was finished made the stamped images look like they were part of the PP/DP.

 #3 My favourite flower stamp again, a stencilling experiment and a new to me technique = happy bunny!

   #4 I love bold colours

   #5 I learnt to love distress

Last year was the year that I really got into using stencils along with stamps and many different products at the same time too.  Then I really started enjoying creating tags and off the page projects too.  So as I had already done my Favourite Five Christmas Cards and now my Favourite Five Cards I wanted to look back at the tags that I have created as well as off the page projects too, so I hope you don’t mind me sharing my Favourite Five Tags and Favourite Five Off the Page too!

  
I made this for my mum but I forgot to give it to her at Christmas, lol!

  
The hanging is one of my favourites because I drew and coloured the female so I'll keep this

 
This one is two sided so you can go almost neon bright or pastel!

I recycled a little box that came with embellishments: love it!

Then I started playing with tags and I learnt a lot.  I have a lot more to learn too and I played along with the Tim Holtz techniques three times last year.  This year I want to and am hoping to do the techniques every month.

 
I love all five of these tags!

  
This one is two sided, I love both!

I learnt to like paint and embrace the mucky.  I found out that I love distress and shabby and I’m able to cope with a little brown!  ttfn Karen xx

6 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow Karen, lots of gorgeous projects here from 2015, you certainly enjoyed experimenting with different techniques and products too.
Thanks for the comment on my blog today - looks like it's going to be a new one I'm afraid, not something I was expecting to have to buy but I can't be without it. I'm just sad that some of my photo's are gone, that's something you can never replace.
Hope you had a lovely Christmas and I wish you and yours a Happy and Healthier New Year.
Lorraine

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such beautiful creations Karen and last year I too had fun experimenting on tags.Your poppies box looks so amazing
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Carol said...

Lovely to see all these again Karen...I found it very difficult to narrow things down too. I think we both learned a lot last year and here's to carrying on that journey this year! Happy New Year to you! Carol x

SARN said...

Brilliant picks . . . must've been very hard to choose from all your wonderful work xxx

Barb said...

A lovely selection of makes here Karen. Look forward to seeing what you make in 2016. Barbxx

Sally H said...

Wow, Karen! Stunning creations and such a lovely range of items and styles! I love them all!