Friday, 1 January 2016

House of Cards January Challenge ...


Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was a good one.  I am so very grateful to Mynn and Sue for letting me stay for another term at House of Cards Challenge.  A new month means a new theme at House of Cards Challenge and our January Challenge is to use a colour scheme and/or embossing and here is the card I created especially for this challenge and below is how and why it came about …

 
I had to let the birds out to be played with! 
I love this card and my birds and my HOC teammies!

 Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Crop Stop Challenge Blog #11 Anything Goes
Deep Ocean Challenge #119 Anything Goes 
 Sparkle is on the die cut, the birds eyes & circles on the hat, 
Sakura Sparkle Clear gel pen
Sweet Stamps Challenge December Anything Goes 
The Artistic Stamper Challenge January Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #216 Anything Goes


Some of the DT have returned and we have new Design Team members too.  Go over to House of Cards Challenge and take a look.  When I sat down to create this card I knew I had to follow the colours or embossing (I used both BTW) but I realised I wanted to create a celebration card.  To celebrate my second term and I just had to use the Crazy Bird and Crazy Birds Things to do that.  I knew he had to have a party hat, I wanted to use a NBUS embossing fold and this moustache folder always makes me smile.  So my Crazy Bird is popping out from behind the aperture because he’s having a lovely time at the party!   My card is my celebration and to celebrate the New Year too!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon.  ttfn Karen x









Tools & Supplies
Stamp: Crazy Birds stamp set; Crazy Things stamp set

Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine
Spellbinders Large Classic Circle dies
Tim Holtz: Handwritten Love thinlits die set
Sizzix large embossing folder: Moustache with Frame

Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; pot of water; pipettes

Card Paper:
300 gsm white card
Snippets of white card and PP #

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints Perfectly Primary
Cosmic Shimmer black EP
Sakura Sparkle clear pen
Versamark IP

Adhesives/Mediums:
Funky foam and double sided tape


# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 6 years old

Group 2: Rocky; Ruza; Katy; Merethe; Em; Tina; Shirley
Group 4: Judy; Karen P Me; Sue N; Shawna; Daen’Ys; Katarzyna; Paula

18 comments:

SARN said...

Wahoo . . . a great creative bird card to start the New Year with. Way to go mate.
xxx

Judy V said...

Happy New Year Karen! Love your cute and whimsical card! I have the same mustache EF! Love it!
Judy HOC Teamie

Donna said...

The crazy birds are so fun and your card could not be any more charming Karen! Donna HOC Teamie

Merethe Arstein said...

Happy new year Karen. I think this card is great to celebrate new year and your second term at the HOC

(✿*‿*) Ma (Merethe)
Teamie HOC
http://majaapia.blogspot.no/

Sara Barker said...

Karen, what a sweet card to celebrate a second term and the new year! I love the birdie, and just recently ordered those stamps myself. Can't wait to give them a go! Happy New Year to you!

rachel said...

Happy New Year Karen! I love your crazy bird card! Big hugs Rachel x

sue t. said...

Karen- great to have you on the team. Love that whimsical bird! Adorable card!

Mynn Kitchen said...

SO fun, Karen! I LOVE that mustache embossing folder--and the monochrome colors are fabulous! Wonderful creation, friend! HUGS and HAPPY NEW YEAR! :) Mynn xx

Hettie said...

Well done on remaining on the DT. Love this card. Made me smile.
Happy New Year.
Hugs
xx

Lin said...

Very fun mix of elements, Karen, these birds always make me smile! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Toni said...

Fab--love the crazy bird!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

What a lovely card, I like Tim's Crazy birds too :)
Thanks so much for joining us at Artistic Stamper this month.

Leslie said...

Super cute! I got the crazy bird stamp set and dies, and getting ready to play with them! ;) Love this card! Thanks so much for the warm welcome to the DT - looking forward to lots of fun!

Jane Knudsen said...

This is too cute! I love the crazy bird! jane hoc dt

Michele Henderson said...

These birds are so adorable! Love that textured background too! Have a warm and crafty 2016!
Take Care!
Michele

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Fun and cute! Fabulous CAS card :o)
Hugs Tina

Dotty Jo x said...

Hi Karen, a crazy bird AND moustaches... fun, fun, fun! Jo x HOC/DT Teamie

PLISSA ADD said...

Hello Karen! It is a beautiful monochromatic creation ... I love it.
The bird is adorable! Thank you for sharing with us. Happy to see you. Paula.