Wednesday, 27 January 2016

Merging a sketch and Rudolph Day ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  Well it is pretty self-explanatory why I am here today, lol, and here it is …

  
A nice A6 flat as can be and yet funny too
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Rudolph Day at Scrappy Mo’s: anything goes as long as it’s Christmas
Stamplorations Sketch & Theme Challenge I followed the sketch and the theme
Winter Wonderland Challenge new: stamps; pens; Stickles glitter glue


I used a set of new stamps I won just before Christmas from the lovely Deepti (thank you so much hun I adore these Santa stamps).  The Spectrum Noir Aqua Pens that were one of my Christmas presents from my wonderful husband.  Please be gentle with me as I am learning and practicing how to use them.  I am having a lot of fun with them and they are awesome for me to use when creating my own art which I hope to share a little more this year. 

I’ve got used to using them as art pens but I need to practice colouring stamped images which means I need to become a little more familiar with using them this way.  I think I’ve used them too heavily to colour this image.  The colours are fabulous, like a great version of a watercolour pen, much better with brighter and juicier colours. 

I will be sharing several tags I have created soon where I’ve incorporated my artwork with stamps and stencils and I hope you will all like them lol!  I need to label my pens so that I know which colours were used and from which set, lol, I didn’t think to do that because I was trying them out with these new stamps and I was happily playing.  I have the same issue with the tags I am going to share the next couple of days, lol, hopefully once I get them labelled and tagged I will be able to come back and update my post with the exact colours I used.

I am also hoping that I will be able to catch up with all my lovely friends this week because I’ve missed seeing all of your amazing creations.  Although I did pop onto one blog yesterday to try and catch up but I was distracted and inspired by that persons art that I had to come off and immediately go and play with my stash lol!  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x 









Tools & Supplies
Stamp: Stamplorations stamps: Dee’s Artsy Impressions Santa is Here set

Miscellaneous Tools: paint brushes; pot of water; heat gun

Card Paper: snippet Crafter’s Companion Sheena card to stamp and colour; 300gm card for base

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Spectrum Noir Aqua Pens; white gesso

Embellishments: Stickles Frosted Lace glitter glue

Adhesives/Mediums: Collall all purpose glue

24 comments:

rachel said...

evening Karen - so glad to see you here again and your card is fabulous - what a wonderful make and it makes me smile too - a lot!!! Big hugs rachel x

Kathleen said...

Fabulous image, great layout and a really lovely card.

Kath x

scrappymo! said...

Very cute, Karen. It made me smile too. Such a fun image.

your art pens sound like lots of creative journeys will occur with them!

Thanks for taking part in the January Rudolph Days Challenge.

Liz said...

Brilliant card. The image really made me chuckle! xx

LauraJane:) said...

How perfectly FUN!! Thanks for playing along at STAMPlorations!

Virginia Lu said...

Love the details and design, Karen! This is so nicely done! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! PS: you may want to check my blog...congrats!

Stir Your Creativity said...

It is really a great fun card :)

Whisper said...

Oooo what a lovely stamp and it makes a perfect CAS card too, thanks for joining us at Rudolph Day Challenge this month, Luv Sam DT x

Di said...

What a fun Christmas card Karen! Whatever was Santa up to I wonder? :)

Hugs

Di xx

Tracy Freeman said...

Hiya hunni, hope you are feeling better ?
This made me smile lots,such a fun card and the dimension looks fantastic!
Sending warm hugs to you. Take care my lovely xxxx

SARN said...

FABULOUS and hilarious Santa card Karen.

HAPPY RUDOLPH DAY to you.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Heidi Stamps said...

Those are super fun!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic card and I love the super fun image too.

Sue xx

Lilian YF said...

Very fun card!
Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Jane Willis said...

Super card, lots of dimension and a fun image. Thanks for joining in the Rudolph Days Challenge
Jane DT

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I love this card Karen. It's a super image and it made me smile:) I love the addition of fluffy snow to give it the added dimension, it's so sweet. x

Dwie lewe rączki said...

Great card. Thank you for joining our challenge at Winter Wonderland.
Hope to see you again soon.
Hugs, Iwona

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

hehehe! THis is too fun! I love the texture you've added on here too! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations CAS Challenge!
Lisa

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 265 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for January - I'd love to see it there too x

Asha said...

Super cute card, Karen. Santa's ample girth is keeping him out in the cold! LOL. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
x Asha
p.s. Hope you're keeping well, friend!

Tammy said...

This is adorable Karen! I love that fun Santa image and all of the snow! Thanks so much for joining us at Creatalicious!
Tammy x

Jackie C said...

Love this entry, thank you for sharing with Creatalicious, Jackie CT member.

Melanie said...

A great card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "snowflakes” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Come and Get It)

(DT Crafty Friends)

Julie B said...

What a fun card, certainly brings out the mischievous child in me and made me smile! Thanks for sharing with us at STAMPlorations this month. :)