Monday, 4 January 2016

New stamp ...

Hello my lovelies!  I’m hoping your week has started well and I really do hope any of my lovelies in the North or Scotland, or wherever in the world, do not get much more rain and your homes are safe too.  A quick post to share a CAS card and here it is …

 
An A6 card nice and flat for posting!
The Glossy Accents made the card buckled: 
something for me to look into do better this year 
Love my new dies!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #344 What’s New?  The stamps and the Tim Holtz die set. 
 Crop Stop Challenge Blog #11 Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Something New: Tim Holtz die set; stamps
Glossy Accents added to the balloons; Sakura Sparkle Black on the balloon strings;
Sakura Sparkle clears was used on die cut friends
 The Artistic Stamper Challenge January Anything Goes
The Mixed Media Card Challenge #19 New Beginnings 
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #216 Anything Goes


My usual experiments have re-started with the beginning of a New Year.  
With all the experiments I did last year I learnt that I love creating different genres of cards.  I love the shabby chic style of cards and it’s one style I want to create more of this year, I’m still learning how to do the techniques and look of that.  I also love CAS cards, talk abut being a bit odd lol!  CAS is a little easier for me to create but I am a klutz with inks and paints.  I regularly spill or get an inky fingerprint on what starts out as a CAS card.  I have learnt to embrace it and I’ve learnt how to fix it instead of fighting it.  I also love mixed media cards, especially mixed media that is creating with minimal layers, only one or two at most.  As I said I have learnt to embrace all of this lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Stamplorations Stamps: Dee’s Arty Impressions Balloons & Banners stamp set

Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug; Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits die set: Handwritten Love

Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; pot of water

Supplies
Card Paper:
300 gsm card; snippet for die cutting

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Perfectly Primary set
Tim Holtz Distress IP: Antique Linen
Sakura Sparkle Gel Pen: Black

Adhesives/Mediums:
Ranger Glossy Accents
Collall All Purpose Glue

10 comments:

SARN said...

The card looks great Karen. Shame the GA buckled the card areas, but like you say . . . embrace the imperfection! It's still a handmade card, made with love. Anyone would love to receive it.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Barb said...

Hi Karen, Just trying to catch up and visit everyone again. Your card looks lovely. Lots of red balloons look very celebratory. I love your new die. That will be a useful one.

Wishing you and your hubby a happy and healthy 2016. Barbxx

Di said...

Great card Karen - love the sentiment die and there's nowt wrong with the balloons!

Thank you so much for your really lovely comment on my blog about the Playground - much appreciated!

Hugs

Di xx

*Vicki* said...

Love the red balloons!! Wonderful CAS style design! :) HUGS

Mervi said...

Thank you for sharing this lovely creation over at Allsorts;-))m

Craftnut said...

Thanks for joining us at allsorts Tracy x

Zoey Emanuela Scarpelli said...

Hello Karen,
I really like this card! Love the balloons!

Thank you for joining us over Simon Says Stamp - Monday Challange!
Have a great day! Zoey

cheiron said...

Such a cute card and I love the sparkly word die! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

Julia Aston said...

Great texture on those happy balloons! love the glittery die cut sentiment too! thanks for joining us in the Mixed Media Card Challenge! Julia xx

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful card,Karen, love those textured baloons.
Thanks so much for joining us at Artistic Stamper.