Thursday, 28 January 2016

Smooshing and Mixed Media and CAS and CASE ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  Another card to share with you today and here it is …

  
Another A6 size, I am loving creating smaller cards these days! 
I think the word is serendipitous, creating the smooshed panel was really that!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
 C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #348 Love/Valentine/Anniversary 
Happy Little Stamp’s CASE the Designer Challenge I adore the layout that Kylie used
I am not sure if I am allowed to enter the same card into more than one of the Happy Little Stamper’s Challenges at the same time.  If it is not allowed let me know and I will remove my entry from the CASE Challenge ladies.
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #218 Anything Goes


It’s my first time trying this technique and when I saw the theme at Happy Little Stamper’s I just had to play along.  Because of the craft mat I had to use the end result was surprising and lovelier than I expected, lol!  I own and use several craft mats one is used for watercolour/inking only, one is for painting with acrylics, and the final one for mucky mixed media techniques.  That was the only one I could find when I sat down to play.  My craft area is still not organised because I can’t do as much sorting (keep, recycle box, bin, pass on to a group) because doing so causes more back pain.  After I finished the technique I found my other craft mats all clean, tidy and ready to use in the nearest cupboard to my desk, the one where I am temporarily keeping my tools until my area is organised and I can figure out where I want to keep things lol!

Anyways back to the technique, I smooshed Distress ink pads onto my craft mat, sprayed with water, grabbed some white card and followed the technique.  Along with the Distress colours the card also picked up some silver acrylic paint from a previous project.  Fabulous and awesome technique with a great end result and I’ll be doing this technique on my mucky mat again!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x








Tools & Supplies
Stamp: Stamplorations Trendy Butterflies stamp set

Miscellaneous Tools: heat gun; craft mat; spray bottle filled with water; heart mould; corner rounder punch

Card Paper: 300gsm card; white card snippets

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Distress ink pads: Tumbled Glass; Victorian Velvet
White embossing powder #; rub-on wax #
Stickles glitter glue: Frosted Lace

Adhesives/Mediums:
Versamark IP; Collall All Purpose glue; air dry clay

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old


9 comments:

brenda said...

A lovely fusion of colours Karen and great texture on the heart.

B x

SARN said...

Great background technique. Will have to try that one out! Thanks mate.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

What a happy and very beautiful 'accident' Karen! It's worked wonderfully!

Hugs

Di xx

rachel said...

beautiful work Karen - that heart is gorgeous! Hugs rachel x

Inkyfingers said...

Great smooshing Karen and a lovely take on Kylie's card. What a fabulous little heart!

Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers.
Hugs
Carol x

Kylie said...

Hi there Karen, you may enter ALL the challenges at once if they fit the theme! LOVE your smooshing and a great take on my card. LOVE the colours. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Aunty Sue said...

Fab make for our Love, valentines & anniversary challenge thanks for sharing at CRAFT good luck and hope you will join us again.
aunty sue DT

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card, love that heart
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Gloria Lee said...

You made beautiful background!
Love your color and technique!
Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers CASE challenge!