Sunday, 17 January 2016

The Carousel starts again ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well.  I am back to creating Christmas cards, once again, the year gets shorter and goes quicker as I get older lol!  I am determined this year that the cards will be created, written and with a stamp on by the end of November this year.  So I’ve a Christmas card to show you today and here it is …

  
A 148mm square card & only one layer of foam 
I do love this technique!
I think I love these birds more though! 
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Addicted to Stamps & More Challenge #176 Anything Goes
Craft Stamper Magazine Challenge Take It Make It Take a Stamp
Crop Stop Challenge Blog #12 Anything Goes
Inkspirational Challenge Challenge #100 Blast From The Past: 
AG Previous Colour Challenge I picked Anything Goes with Purple 
Stamping Sensations Challenge Anything Goes with a Die: I used two!
Sweet Stampin’ Challenge Anything Goes with Wings
Winter Wonderland Challenge Glitter & Shine
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #217 Anything Goes


I stamped Crazy Bird and Santa hat onto white card snippets.  I used Ranger Archival jet black for the bird and Dusty Concord DIP for his hat.  I coloured both of the images with the Beautifully Grunge ATs ( Spectrum Noir AquaTints).  I wanted my bird to be in the die cut circle (which is behind).  I cut, scored and folded an A4 sheet of card to create the base and used purple card that I cut to 140mm square.  I painted where I thought the ground would be beneath the birds feet.  I die cut the purple card and laid it on the card so that I could paint where I wanted the ground to be.  I attached funky foam with DST (double sided tape) to my top layer and positioned it on the card.  I fussy cut the bird and his hat and popped them in the aperture.  Once that was in place I attached the bird and hat with wet glue and then I added Stickles to the hat. 

One of the best things I purchased before Christmas was the Happy Christmas die cut set (made by Crafter’s Companion).  I actually purchased it online from EBay (free P&P).  I have decided that I need to get more of them: they are so easy to use!  I needed an extra shim (piece of paper in my case) but once I did they cut like the proverbial hot knife though butter lol! 

I used snippets to die cut the sentiment twice, coloured with ATs, layer them together and attached to the purple layer.  Once everything was completely dry I let loose with some new gorgeous Stickles (a first necessary after Christmas purchase) and some absolutely gorgeous sequins too (the final necessary after Christmas purchase thank you EBay)!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Tim Holtz: Bird Crazy & Crazy Bird Things stamp sets

Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug; Crafter’s Companion Die’sire sentiment; Spellbinders Large Classic Circles die set

Miscellaneous Tools:
Paintbrushes; pot of water

Supplies
Card Paper:
148 mm square card blank; snippets for stamping onto
Purple pearl card

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge set
Ranger Archival Jet Black IP
Distress IP: Dusty Concord

Embellishments:
Stickles glitter glue; sequins

Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; funky foam

19 comments:

Barb said...

I love these crazy birds too Karen and your Christmas card is lovely. He looks super in his purple Santa hat. Barbxx

brenda said...

I do love those funky birds Karen and the design of your card works very nicely.

B x

SARN said...

OOh this just lovely Karen.
Good luck with your aim of getting all your festive cards done by end of November!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card, love these vibrant purples. These crazy birds are awesome aren't they, Cathy x

Tracy Freeman said...

I feel you hun, i am determined to start early this year and get them all done and dusted, I dont have many to send so really have no excuses !
Hope you had a lovely weekend hunni lots of love xxxx

Di said...

LOVE this funky purple Crazy Bird with equally crazy hat! Perfect Christmas card - and also a great start to your resolution to be well ahead with Christmas cards this year!

Hugs

Di xx

Abi said...

He's a cutie in purples Karen. Well done on the resolution, keep it up girl! I'm also trying to do the same xx

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so cute! I love the added sparkle!

Viv's Visuals said...

Nice design and a great bird!! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
Viv (DT)

Kim M said...

Great card! Love that bird. Thanks for joining us over at Inkspirational! :-)

rachel said...

gorgeous start to your christmas cards Karen - love it to bits!!! Hugs huny!

Dora said...

Beautiful card with the bird.
Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

Pat K said...

Awesome card. This little fella looks great in purple. Thank you for playing along with us at Winter Wonderland. Pat K x

Olesya Kharkova said...

The background is gorgeous!! Thank you so much for joining us at ATSM blog!
Olesya, DT

Princess Judy Palmer said...

You are so smart to not only have a goal to complete the cards before December but to have them address and ready to go! That's always a sticking point for me. Great festive card. I just love these birds.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Super fun "Things with wings" entry Karen, thank you for playing with Sweet Stampin'. Love the Christmas hat! Hope you can join our new challenge tomorrow too. Enjoy the weekend sweetie!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Wedgie said...

Oh Karen - I love all the sparkle! Fab card.
Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

Eileen said...

I love the Crazy Bird image you have used here. The little sequins and glitter really make it shine. Thanks for joining in with our 'Glitter and Shine' challenge at Winter Wonderland this week, hope you will join us again.
Eileen x

Jo Ann said...

Great job highlighting this Crazy Bird...We are so blessed you joined our Challenge weeks ago and would love for you to join our new Challenge still ongoing at Word Art Wednesday. Want to leave you with the inspiration of the Scripture in 1 Corinthians 2:9-10 which says, "But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”— these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God. " Have a lovely week.

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com