Tuesday, 26 January 2016

Tim Time ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  Apologies for such a long absence I have been struggling with a cold I caught at New Year and it’s still not gone completely.  Yesterday was the first time I was able to craft and I was determined to get the 2016 January Re-Mix created and photographed and yay I did it.  Here it is …

  
I had so much fun lol! 
I allowed the inner Goth girl out! 
A final look!

If you want to know the techniques I used go on over to Tim’s blog and take a look yourself.  I was missing several ingredients so I tweaked the recipe by using what I have. 

I had no idea that the chalk technique was originally created by using a stick of chalk or that there is or was a matt embossing powder?  I need matt embossing powder in my life; we don’t always want it to be shining. 

I used a lovely embossing folder that has a repeat key pattern on it.  Instead of using chalk (don’t have any) I used white Pan Pastel over the stamped and embossed image. 

Instead of using matt EP I over heated the EP so that it sunk into the black card a little and it’s not shining (something for me to remember lol)! 
I don’t have word bands so I ferreted through my stash and found thick chipboard die cut alphabet pieces that were ideal for creating a phrase or a word.  The chipboard pieces are a box of stash I had forgotten about that I have been going through since the New Year. 

I recently found some watch parts which I thought would be the perfect embellishment for my take on Tim’s tag.  I was over the moon when I found that I had several glass watch covers in that stash and I knew I had to use it on my take, I am so happy I did because I love it.

The chipboard was an experiment that at first go didn’t quite work because after painting with silver acrylic paint I didn’t want to wait for it to dry so I grabbed my heat tool and dried the acrylic paint.  I knew the paint would bubble because I’ve done that before and love the texture from bubbling thick acrylic paint.  However this time the pink base layer was visible.  Needed to think a little sideways when I realised so once they were cool I tapped with Versamark IP and added black EP (I only have sparkling black but I didn’t mind that as I always love to have a little sparkle lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools 
Stamp: Simon Says Stamps with Tim Holtz 2015 Blueprints special edition stamp set

Die Cutting Machine & Dies: Cuttlebug; Couture Creations key embossing folder

Miscellaneous Tools:  heat tool; paintbrushes; pot of water; spray bottle of water

Supplies
Card Paper: tag; black card; silver craft foil #

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours
Windsor & Newton Black acrylic paint
Tim Holtz Distress Paint: Weathered Wood
Tim Holtz Distress Stain: Picket Fence
White EP; Cosmic Shimmer Black EP
Pan Pastel: white

Embellishments:
Various watch parts and key #
White organza ribbon# (when I started); black and white twine: thank you Ruza!

Adhesives/Mediums:
Versamark IP; Collall all purpose glue; Ranger Glossy Accents

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old


10 comments:

Abi said...

I LOVE this tag Karen! Really very impressed to hear you're using up old stash too. A definite winner xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This tag is fantastic Karen! I love the layers and the texture you have created here.
Lorraine

KT Fit Kitty said...

Gorgeous tag! Love everything about it! Glad you're starting to feel better!

SARN said...

This is a masterpiece Karen. I'm so glad you let your INNER GOTH out to play! LOL! Fabulous project, not surprised you're really pleased with it . . . I certainly would be.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Zoe Tant said...

Great use of hidden stash Karen on a fab tag. Zx

Barb said...

Your tag is stunning Karen. Wonderful work. Barbxx

Stir Your Creativity said...

Fabulous tag!!

rachel said...

so good to see you here Karen and your take on Tims tag is brilliant - I love how you achieved the chalkboard technique - it looks fabulous! Hope you feel better again soon. Big hugs Rachel xx

Brenda said...

Wow Karen, your tag came out fabulous!! I love how it looks like chalkboard. Tim does do amazing tags doesn't he. Can't wait to see more tags you do with his techniques! Hugs, Brenda
PS Hope you keep feeling better!

Team Clark said...

Oh Karen! This is the coolest, I just love the clock and the depth you've created. Such a great one! Hugs, Autumn