Friday, 26 February 2016

A little bit of recycling ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I have wanted to start trying this for some time and finally here is my first go …

  
Yes I recycled a herb pot into a paintbrush storage pot 
It was a great learning experience!

Created for me and especially for these Challenges 
Country View Crafts Challenge Make Your Own Background 
Frilly & Funkie Challenge Layer it Up: I’ve layered lots of paint and mediums
If it’s not allowed please let me know.

I used the colour scheme

Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge
 Inspired by a Song 
Pink by Aerosmith

Pink, it’s my new obsession, yeah; Pink, it’s not even a question;
Pink, on the lips of your lover; ‘Cause pink is the love you discover;
Pink, ‘cause you are so very; Pink, it’s the colour of passion

‘Cause today it just goes with the fashion; Pink, it was love at first sight;
Yeah pink, when I turn out the light; And pink gets me high as a kite;
And I think everything is going to be alright; No matter what we do tonight!

Vintage Stamping Challenge #41 Splatters & Drips


We had a large empty container which held dried parsley when my husband said this any use to you?!  I have trained him well lol!  So I grabbed a thin piece of white card, snippet white card, Spectrum Noir AquaTints, Tim Holtz Distress ink pad, and some lovely Rubber Dance stamps, a post it, and then the final step of white and red acrylic paint.  It was so much fun to create, so much fun and I got to create another pot for my paint brushes.

I stamped the large circle bubble with Tim Holtz Distress ink onto the A5 card and dried with my heat tool.  I stamped the large journal bubble several times on to a Post It notes and cut out to use as masks.  I used the red from the Beautiful Grunge Spectrum Noir AquaTints, adding it in layers, so some areas are pinker in colour than other parts and some are more like a deep rouge colour.  I added small flicks of gold from the Essentials set and removed the Post It Masks before leaving it to one side to dry.  Once dry I added the Post It masks again and created two runny acrylic paint washes which I flicked here and there.  I grabbed the little set of nine solid bubbles from the same set and stamped onto white card snippet and once dry I cut them out and glued them randomly onto the background piece.  Once everything was completely dry I used the red AquaTints and circled each of the bubbles.  I dried it then glued the paper onto my tube and I’ve a new storage tub for some of my paintbrushes!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Rubber Dance stamp set: Round in Circles

Miscellaneous Tools:
Pipettes; paintbrushes; palette; heat tool

Supplies
Card Paper:
A5 thin white card; snippet white card

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge; Essentials
Tim Holtz Distress ink: Tea Stain
Pebeo acrylic paint: white; red

Adhesives/Mediums/Misc.:
Collall all purpose glue; Post It’s; herb pot

18 comments:

brenda said...

Sounds like your hubby has had the same grounding as mine Karen and knows only too well that he dare thrown nothing without your OK, well who knows what we can use for an afternoon of inky indulgence.

And it looks like you had great fun with this one, so pleased you shared with us all.

B x

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such lovely recycling Karen
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Barb said...

Great recycling Karen. It looks really good. Barbxx

Sue said...

What a great project Karen, you can never have too many paintbrush holders (cos you can never have too many paintbrushes) Well done on getting the hubby trained - mine still needs a little work lol. Thanks so much for playing along with us again at Country View Crafts and enjoy your weekend. Sue xx

Bibi, Rubber Dance Stamps said...

Lovely, Karen! Yes, you trained your hubby well - never throw out anything before checking with the recycle control center, aka Crafter Wife! :)
I really like how it turned out. Thank you for using my stamps and for entering our February challenge at Rubber Dance! ♥

SARN said...

Yep . . . that's one well-trained hubby you have there! He's a keeper!

LOVELY project - I can guess how much fun it was.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Suzanne C said...

What a beautiful paint brush pot you have created! LOL that your hubby is trained to bring you containers, my dh does the same to me all the time. Love how you transformed it into this beautiful piece of art to display on your crafty desk. Thanks for playing along with us in the "Layer it Up" challenge at Frilly and Funkie Challenge!

Tracy Freeman said...

Hello lovely, How are you ? and how is your brother ?
This is brilliant, i love the almost abstract look to it and love it !! Hubby is def trained well lol
I hope you have a great weekend hun. Sending hugs xxx

Brenda said...

Looks great Karen, and a win win because you have recycled and got a free brush container for storage too! Love it! Hugs, Brenda

Emma Williams said...

A fun piece of recycling and I love the finished project, it's fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing your project and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :) x

Linsey R said...

OH, this is just super, Karen!! I love the cool, grunge-like feel to this paintbrush holder! All that texture looks so good and I love that it's a recycled piece too!!! AWESOME job my crafty friend!!! Hope you're having a fabulous and creative Sunday!!! :D

Pawsitively Creative said...

Fantabulous Upcycle and your DH is awesome sauce for thinking of you! It's a total win/win! Gorgeous layers and I bet your paintbrushes love their new home! Hehe! ~Niki

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I had to laugh when I read that your hubby saved the parsley container, as that's exactly what my dh would have done. We have trained them well, haven't we? This is such a fun piece! I love all the inky goodness, the painty splatters and the repeated circular elements. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Frilly and Funkie "Layer it Up" Challenge.

Inkyfingers said...

What a fabulous way to upcycle! I love the gorgeous colour and the texture is fab. I hope it takes pride of place on your workdesk.
Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x

ionabunny said...

I love practical art and this is so pretty. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

Melissa Bove said...

This is wonderful! It came out great! So pretty!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Linda said...

What a fabulous piece of re-cycling. Thank you for playing along with the HLS Mixed Media challenge. Linda xx

Pamellia Johnson said...

Amazing recycle project Karen! I love the idea of a paint brush can and you have created a stunning one! Love the circles, very retro and fun! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'Layer It Up' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)