Tuesday, 2 February 2016

An ATC ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I really hope that Storm Henry has finished, we thought one of the trees were going to break through the roof at one point.  Anyways I did get some time to have a little play and so happy that I did because today here is an ATC I created especially for several challenges …

 
Such a lovely scene that nearly ended up in the bin! 
You can't see the shimmer straight on 
Taking my photo's at odd angles now and then does capture some of the shine! 
 
I love my Spectrum Noir mediums!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Ring out the Old, Bring in the New: Spectrum Aqua pens & Stencil
Country View Crafts Challenge Make Your Own Background


The background was one of my Spectrum Noir AquaTints experiments.  I was trying to create a Northern Lights sky but it hadn’t worked because I was too heavy handed with the black AquaTints (Essentials set). 

Before throwing the A5 card in the bin I took another looked and realised that I could use a section of it.  So happy I was able to retrieve some of it and really happy with the steps I took to finish it.  Once I had cut the ATC from the card I used my paintbrush I used one my watercolour paintbrushes to splatter water onto the sky and then I used a bit of kitchen towel to remove some of the ink and I heat the card before attaching one of my Sheena Douglass stencils.  I used a green from the Spectrum Noir Aqua pens to create trees.  The ones I created on the RHS have blurred away as the watercolour brush was too wet, live and learn. I used a little of the silver SNAT to add a little shimmer to the stars.   I rifled through my stash and located a couple of stamped and coloured hot air balloons and glued them to my ATC, done!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x







Tools
Stamp: Claritystamp: small and mini hot air balloon
Stencil: Sheena Douglass stencil
Miscellaneous Tools: heat tool; paintbrushes; pipettes; pot of water

Supplies
Card Paper: Crafter’s Companion Centura Pearl White Gold Accents; white card snippets
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge & Essentials
Spectrum Noir Aqua pen
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue


10 comments:

Jingle said...

Very pretty ATC! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Vintagehandmade said...

It's stunning! I love that rain effect you've achieved! Thank you so much for joining in our Ring out the Old, Bring in the New challenge at Anything But Cute! Branka DT x

SARN said...

That's an absolutely WONDERFUL inky ATC Karen. GREAT SAVE mate.
xxx

Redanne said...

The wonderful little scene you created took me back to last summer, visiting my Son in Kent, where beautiful hot air balloons like this pass over every day - a wonderful spectacle - and your ATC is beautiful, gorgeous colours and design.

Thanks so much for joining in our Ring out the Old, Bring in the New challenge at Anything But Cute. Anne DT xx

Sara Barker said...

Karen, I'm so happy you thought twice before sending this off to the bin, because it is a stunner! I love the artsy look to that sky! Well done! Thank you for joining our Ring Out the Old, Bring in the New Challenge at Anything But Cute--can you tell us what your new item is, please?? Hugs! Sara Emily DT

rachel said...

I think this is fantastic karen - really love it to pieces - it works so very well! Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Countryview Crafts challenges too! Big hugs Rachel x

Tracy Freeman said...

Hello my lovely, how are you ? glad you are safe after the storm, geeze it was SCARY !! where we live at the bottom of the road opens out onto the fens so the wind flies up off the fens and hits out house, we are used to it being windy but it honestly sounded like we was going to take off !!! even the dogs were scared bless them.

Anyway, I am so so so pleased you didn't bin this !!! it is lovely, the ballons are so perfect and that background !!
I got a lovely crafty surprise today that you would love, hubby surprised me with a huge order of sequins, i was in heaven lol
Sending hugs hunni, take care xxxx

Monika Gulyas said...

Lovely watercolour ATC! Beautiful colours with one of my favourite themes, the hot air balloon! And thank you for playing along with us in the “Make your own background" challenge at Country View Challenge blog this month!

thassos456 said...

Beautiful background. The ATC looks awesome :)

WendyK said...

A gorgeous ATC. Love the ink effects you have achieved.