Friday, 5 February 2016

Celebrate with blue for a boy ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week was a good one and you have great weekend plans.  I have got to know some the Stamplorations stamps owner and some of their Design Team over the past year and they are all lovely.  Just before Christmas I was lucky enough to win a set of gorgeous Christmas stamps and a beautiful Christmas card from Deepti and when I saw that Dee has had her baby I had to join in with the Stamplorations Design Team ladies celebration for a blog hop in honour of Deepti and her husband and, of course, their new baby boy and here it is …

 
An A6 card
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Stamplorations Challenge Baby Blog Hop for Deepti 
Stamplorations Stamps Challenge February theme & sketch I can’t believe my luck
I have been playing with triple images and one panel inkiness lol!
Stamplorations Never Ending Anything Goes Challenge
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #219 Anything Goes


I know this is the layout for Stamplorations January sketch Challenge but I didn’t plan that, lol.  For the past six months I’ve had an obsession with cards that have one strip of inkiness, in fact I have a Pinterest board especially for cards with the one strip of inkiness.  I also have current obsessions for balloons, birds, critters, nature and other peculiar things mean that I’m going through a stage of creating in this style lol!  I had quite a lot of smallish white snippets and they are perfect for using in this way/style. 
I also used a technique I have been practicing too which I had called stencil bumping# and I’ll try to explain that.  
I noticed when adding ink through a stencil to create a background there is always ink or paint on the stencil, now I readily admit that I am frugal but this seemed a no brainer idea to me, I tried picking up the stencil to stamp onto card but when I did this the ink or paint would drip, so I tried stamping the card onto the stencil: result!  It worked and I am a happy bunny, lol! 
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this weekend ttfn Karen x



Update: there is already a technique called stencil bumping so I am renaming this technique, lol, I am going to call it the stencil smooch technique.  







Tools & Supplies
Stamp: Stamplorations stamp sets: Dee’s Arty Impressions Balloons & Banners stamp set

Stencil: Stamplorations Artplorations: foiled stencil

Miscellaneous Tools: heat tool; craft mat; ink blending tool and foam; spray bottle of water;  paintbrushes

Card Paper: snippet white card; snippet WC card; 300 gsm white card for base

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: Denim; Tim Holtz DIP: Broken China & Salty Ocean

Embellishments: glitter #

Adhesives/Mediums: Collall all purpose glue; funky foam; double sided tape

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 5 years old


11 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

A perfect card for Deepti, I love it!

SARN said...

I love the term stencil bumping! Great baby card xxx

Di said...

A super Baby Boy card Karen - and a neat idea about the stencils too!

Great to see you in the Playground!

Hugs

Di xx

rachel said...

loving the beautiful balloons karen - a lovely card! Hugs rachel x

Carole Robb Bisson said...

Sometimes it is great fun to concentrate an o particul style. The balloons are lovely. Thank you so much for joining our 219th challenge at Word Art Wednesday this next fortnight. Your creation is inspiring, beautiful and very much appreciated. Blessings, Carole

Brenda said...

What a fun and cute baby card Karen! I love the all blue you used and that background strip is amazing. The balloons are just perfect for a baby too. Hugs, Brenda

Lilian YF said...

Beautiful card! Love those ballons!
Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Cassandra Cushman said...

Your card is beautiful and I love the 3D look of the balloons and the texture on them along with that splash of sparkle. Thank you for sharing this and participating with us at Word Art Wednesday!

Have a great day

Asha said...

What a lovely project, Karen! The sweet blue and dimensional balloons ... awesome! Hope you are doing well, friend. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
x Asha

Becca Cruger said...

Haha - well I'm glad the card still worked for this theme too! It's very pretty and I love the stencil smooching idea. Thanks for joining in at STAMPlorations theme and sketch challenge.

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Karen!
I absolutely LOVE your sweet project, and I couldn't be happier than to have you stop by and share your artistic talents with us. I'm so grateful to have you play along in our challenges. Please stop by again soon, and I will look forward to visiting your blog again to see your next work of art. You are always most welcome to join the fun!
Karen Letchworth
Word Art Wednesday

www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com