Sunday, 14 February 2016

Make your own background & make it your star ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend is going well.  I have another card I created for several challenges to share with you today.  The inspiration for this creation is the ‘Create Your Own Background and Make It The Star one of my all time favourite challenges lol!  I really am a wee bit obsessed with the new stencil and stamp set I was able to purchase: I am in love with them lol!  Anyways here it is …
A bigger one this time 148mm square 
Nice and flat for posting 
The flower closer up 
A lot of very useful sentiments in this set
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Cards und More Challenge #151 Anything Goes
Country View Crafts Challenge Make Your Own Background
Happy Little Stamper’s Mixed Media Challenge February Paint: I used watercolours
Inkspirational Challenge #102 Pop: colour pop
Kraftin Kimmie Stamps Wonderful Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #219 Anything Goes


This card started as a snippet of white card.  I used a large piece of card from another project and I attached the outer stencil with Washi tape and I placed the inner flower stencil inside the big stencil so that I could paint the outline.  I used the pink (Beautifully Grunge) to paint within the stencil, then I used the gold (Essentials set) to add gold highlights to the pink.  I used the pink for the background but much, much paler lol!  I have to admit the pink colour popped more than I expected it to.  It is one of the blessings of the AquaTints – I need to remember to add less paint to my palette next time lol!  The stencil set contains multiple parts and I love that because it means I can get many different looks from it.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this weekend  ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp: Winnie & Walter Happiest of Holidays stamp set

Stencil: Winnie & Walter Creative Screening Duo: The Big, The Bold and Extras

Miscellaneous Tools: paintbrushes; pipettes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper
Crafter’s Companion Centura Pearl snow white gold accents card

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge and Essentials set; Distress IP: dusty concord

Embellishments: sequins; gems

Adhesives/Mediums: Collall all purpose glue


11 comments:

rachel said...

this is gorgeous karen - you really have made the background the star - it works so very well. thanks also for joining at countryview crafts this month too xx hugs rachel x

brenda said...

What a really lush looking card Karen, the gold embossing really gives extra depth to the blooms in that rich colour.

So pleased you are coming out to play this week, see you in the playground.

B x

Barb said...

I love this Karen. The colours are so vibrant. Barbxx

SARN said...

Very pretty in pink. Gorgeous work Karen.

Happy Monday! xxx

Brenda said...

What a gorgeous card Karen! I love your background and it is certainly the star. The little sequins add a little something, something and looks so pretty with those flowers. You gotta love flat for posting too. lol Hugs, Brenda

Teresa Kline said...

hello Karen! so pretty, fabulous background and flowers! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Doreen said...

Love your gorgeous project,thanks for sharing with us at Country View Challenges.xxx

Jo Ann said...

Awesome card with gorgeous colors. So blessed you joined our bi-weekly Challenge at Word Art Wednesday and hope you join us again for a new Challenge that started yesterday. Leaving you with the inspiration of God's Word in Isaiah 40:8 which tells us, "The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever."

Have a blessed week,
JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Marina said...

Beautifully rich colour combo. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

scrappymo! said...

Lovely card, Karen. I don't think you need to worry about too much ink...I like the saturated look of the flowers...it is very arty!

Inkyfingers said...

This is gorgeous Karen, I love the rich colour and it is a beautiful background.
Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x