Tuesday, 23 February 2016

Pink sky at night ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I am going through that night skies phase again.  Today’s stamped piece started out as an experiment with my AquaTints and watercolour card that I was going to bin!  However I realised I could use it, or part of it, by some editing here and there.  Oh my goodness I am so happy I pushed through the ugly phase to create this card …

  
Although there are multiple layers only one lot of foam was used! 
To say that I am happy is an understatement
I actually tore the edges by hand and I like that lol!

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #351 Birthday cards
Country View Crafts Challenge Make Your Own Background
Emerald Creek Dares Challenge The Blogger Scramble
Pixie’s Snippets Playground #217 the die cut; the trees; & blue BG
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Inspired by a Song: 
Coldplay A Sky Full of Stars

 ‘Cause you’re a sky, ‘cause you’re a sky full of stars
I’m gonna give you my heart
‘Cause you’re a sky, ‘cause you’re a sky full of stars
‘Cause you light up the path

I don’t care, go on and tear me apart
I don’t care if you do, ooh
‘Cause in a sky, ‘cause in a sky full of stars
I think I saw you

‘Cause you’re a sky, ‘cause you’re a sky full of stars
I wanna die in your arms
‘Cause you get lighter the more it gets dark
I’m gonna give you my heart

I don’t care, go on and tear me apart
I don’t care if you do, ooh
‘Cause in a sky, ‘cause in a sky full of stars
I think I do

‘Cause you’re a sky, you’re a sky full of stars
Such a heavenly view
You’re such a heavenly view

Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge Shake It Up: silver SNATs need to be well shaken before using them & then splattered & dripped onto the sky to create the stars
Stamping Sensations Challenge February Anything Goes
Vintage Stamping Challenge #41 Splatters & Drips
Word Art Wednesday Challenge #220 Anything Goes 


I wanted to thank you all for the lovely comments on my take of Tim’s tag.  You all made me smile big lol!  I’ve a couple of projects I need to finish tonight and tomorrow and other stuff going on.  Nothing too bad but mum has been taken into hospital and OH’s back went today, lol!  We are juggling a lot at the moment so please forgive me for not visiting to see your awesome creations but I plan to catch up later this week with you all.

I wanted to thank you all for the lovely comments on my take of Tim’s tag.  You all made me smile big lol!  I’ve a couple of projects I need to finish tonight and tomorrow and other stuff going on.  Nothing too bad but mum has been taken into hospital and OH’s back went today, lol!  We are juggling a lot at the moment so please forgive me for not visiting to see your awesome creations but I plan to catch up later this week with you all.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Sheena Douglass A6 A Little Bit Sketchy stamp set: The Sky & the Earth

Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutting machine; Whimsy Sentimentables dies: Birthday set

Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat gun; paint brushes *; pipettes *; pot of water

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafter’s Companion: A4 watercolour card and a snippet for the trees
300 gm card cut and scored to create a 6” square card
Snippets of different card coloured by me with the AquaTints

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge; Essentials; Perfectly Primary
WOW EP: WL05 Verdigris

Adhesives/Mediums:
Versamark IP; Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; funky foam

* 6 pipettes and 3 brushes are included with every set of Spectrum Noir AquaTints



18 comments:

Katelyn said...

Very cool card Karen! Love the colours and the layers. Thanks for joining us at Emerald Creek Dares!
-Katelyn DT member at Emerald Creek

Teresa Kline said...

hi Karen! so very pretty, luv the design and gorgeous colors! so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Mrs A. said...

I love your arty card. The colours are gorgeous. hugs Mrs A.

Barbara Schiassi said...

Gorgeuos card Karen!!! I'm so happy to see Coldplay inspired you with their music! Love the shades you used in your work! Thanks fpr joining us this week on Simon SAys Monday CHallenge Blog! Barbara

Kelly Deal said...

Wow Karen! Your card is beautiful and unique. I just love the gorgeous colors!

brenda said...

I can tell you had great fun with this Karen and so pleased you didn't send it to the bin as you have achieved lovely textures and depth of colour.

Many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations, Vintage Stamping and Allsorts challenges.

B x

SARN said...

Fantastic bin save there Karen.
Sorry to hear your Mum's in hospital. Hope she makes a good recovery.
Thanks for coming overto play in the Snippets Playground.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

The Bearded Bookworm said...

Lovely card! Hopefully your mum & OH will both be better soon :)

Barb said...

Love your card Karen...this is what art is to me....experimenting and see where it leads you.Cheers

Paradise Lost said...

Lovely card! The layering is fantastic.
Thanks for sharing it at Emerald Creek Dares
{julia} Emerald Creek DT

Tracy Freeman said...

Hello lovely, first of all i am glad it didn't end up in the bin it is lovely, so much texture and dimension !
Secondly i really hope your mum and oh are ok. If you need me you know where i am. Sending hugs and love xxxx

rachel said...

this is fabulous Karen - great texture - hope all is okay with your mum and OH. Big hugs rachel x

Kathleen said...

How nice to have made something that you are really happy with, lovely colours and plenty of nice texture.
Thank you for joining our Birthday wishes challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath

Brenda said...

This is so beautiful Karen, I'm glad too you pushed on! I'm so sorry to hear about your mom and OH. I pray that things look up for them both! Hugs, Brenda

Mervi said...

Fabulous layered scene, so beautiful card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Joan said...

Lovely layers and colours, great card

Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

Joan

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This really turned into a piece of art! I seriously can picture this hanging on the wall of some exclusive gallery somewhere! And I loved how you pushed through "the ugly phase"! That is always the ultimate triumph for a crafter and the most satisfying feeling in the world when you turn a near-death craft into a success! I live in the West among all sorts of amazing redrock arches and structures and desert places where the stars go on forever. This piece reminded me of all the best parts of living where I do and I think you did a masterful job here. Thank you so much for sharing such a remarkable piece with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Sally H said...

A Stunning card, Karen! Great colours, textures and stamping! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations and good luck!