Monday, 8 February 2016

Tag experiment #2 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your weekend was a good one and you have a good week.  As per usual you know why I am here and here it is …

The purple grunge girl came out to play! 
And I am very happy that she did, love it! 
So colour rich with lots of lovely details too
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Anything But Cute Challenge #10 Grungy Love
Country View Crafts Challenge Make Your Own Background
Frilly & Funkie Challenge Enjoy your Embossing
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Spritz & Spray: a whole lot of that!

#32 Stencil Sunday February

Stamps & Stencils Challenge Splatter, Spritz & Smoosh
That’s Crafty Challenge First Love
The Artistic Stamper Challenge February Art with HeArt
Vintage Stamping Challenge #41 Splatters & Drips


I spent time getting mucky with paints, inks, stamps, and everything else this weekend and I am having a lot of fun, lol!  The cherries on the top of all the fun is that I get to keep my MM tag experiments and my blog post/s remind me of how I created them and what I used to create them.  I’ve used different elements, products and techniques and I think I have listed all below, lol.  Whilst typing my post I’ve become aware that I’ve been using this stencil too often, lol, so I have temporarily removed it because it tends to be the first one I grab when I want to create a background because it’s perfect for any birthday or celebration card or tag experiments too.  I have put it somewhere different so that I start using my other stencils more.


If you ever have any questions about how I created this or what I used to create it please ask.  I am more than happy to share or create a tutorial: you just need to ask lol!  Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamps: Tim Holtz Bird Crazy stamp set; LOTV grunge postcard stamp

Stencil: Tim Holtz Layering Stencil: Lace; Dutch Doobadoo A5 Circles stencil

Miscellaneous Tools: heat gun; paint brushes; pot of water; ink blending tool & foam

Supplies
Card Paper: Crafter’s Companion Snow White Gold Accents white card snippets; manila tag

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours: The Works acrylic paint: white & blue; Pebeo acrylic paint: purple; Cosmic Shimmer: Black EP #; Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Perfectly Primary & Beautifully Grunge

Embellishments: chipboard heart #; silver sequins; Wild Orchid Crafts: blossoms & Chrysanthemums; wired crystals #; glitter #

Adhesives/Mediums: Collall all purpose glue; Washi tape

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 6 years old


24 comments:

Lozzy T said...

Fab MM Tag. Love the colour and do love those Crazy Birds....Hugs Lozzy xx

Jo said...

Fabulous tag Karen, your purple grunge girl did great.....love it! xx

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful creation Karen.
Gr, Elly

Monika Gulyas said...

Gorgeos tag, Karen! You created a perfect background for your bird! I love that you used the tag horizontally - I like this direction too ;-) My other favourite is the purple colour with yellow and here it is :-) Your flowers are beautiful too! Thanks for playing along with us in the “Make your own background" challenge at Country View Challenge blog this month!

brenda said...

Oh what a lovely inky time you had with this one Karen, I love all the hues of lilac and purple and so much textures from so many different elements.

Many thanks for joining us at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

B x

Sandra said...

Such a fab tag, the purple is so very striking and really goregous. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Oh, I like the Purple Grunge Girl! LOL What a great tag, filled with so many wonderful techniques. Love the embossing on the tag background, too! Thanks for sharing with us at Frilly & Funkie "Enjoy your Embossing" Challenge!

Tracy Freeman said...

Hello lovely,

This is gorgeous and my favorite colour !!!
Hope you are well.
Have a great day xxx

Pamellia Johnson said...

Beautiful tag Karen. Love the purple palette, and what a great choice of stencil to use on your heart!! Thank you so much for joining us at Anything But Cute for our 'Grungy Love' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

SARN said...

Well I am loving your Purple Grunge Girl side! Fab project xxx

Sandy said...

Love the purple color. Great work! :-)

Pawsitively Creative said...

Purple grunge is the new orange! Hehe! Fantsbulous design and wonderful grungy details with the darker added colors. Your crazy bird is crazy awesome sauce! Very genius use of the tag horizontally! I can see why you grab that stencil-Because it's wowzers!

Thanks for joining in our "Grungy Love" challenge at Anything But Cute! And you did grunge it up! Hugz. ~Niki DT

Barb said...

Fabulous grunge tag Karin...the purple palette is so rich. Just love those crazy birds.

Barb said...

It's beautiful Karen. Great colours. I think it's great that your getting good value from your much loved stencil. Don't put it away. Barbxx

Sara Barker said...

Karen, your card is perfectly grungy, and I love that stencil you used on your heart. I know what you mean, though...I tend to grab for whatever is handy at times, and use my favorites over and over again! Love that little birdie!

Thank you for joining our Grungy Love challenge at Anything But Cute with this sweet Valentine. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

Toni said...

Karen, I love the colors and textures of this--you did such a fabulous job! Those crazy birds just crack me up!

Toni
HLS DT

Samra Leshinski said...

Thank you so very kindly for joining our “Grungy Love” challenge at Anything But Cute!
Samra DT
Paper Talk with Samra

Cec said...

What a fun tag with so many great elements to catch the eye. The colour palette is bright and happy while still keeping a grungy feel. Thanks for joining us at Anything But Cute.
Hugs!
Cec

Buttons said...

That is absolutely fabulous Karen! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

Zoe Hillman said...

The embossed detail to the heart is really cool. Your experiment turned out great! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. :)

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

Beautiful Love tag ! I love these colors !
Thanks for playing with us at The Artistic Stamper's heART challenge, wishing you good luck to win !

rachel said...

Gorgeous work Karen - don't know how I managed to miss this one - beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Stamps and stencils this month! Hugs rachel x

Linda said...

What a gorgeous tag ..... love the colour!! Thank you for playing along with the HLS Mixed Media challenge. Linda xx

Team Clark said...

What an awesome purple tag and collage elements, Karen! I can see that this was a hoot to create. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Stamps & Stencils. <3 Hugs, Autumn