Thursday, 18 February 2016

Tag experiment February #3 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  I got to craft some at the weekend and I had fun playing with stuff so I’ve a tag to share and here it is …

I remembered to use some of my ribbon too! 
I always do love me Crazy Bird's! 
All that yummy ink and layers! 
I do love me birds
I may add some more to this!

Created for me and especially for these Challenges


I have been experimenting with this colour palette since the lovely Becca mentioned it on her birthday challenge last year.  I’ve always loved and often used shades of blue, pale blue all the way through to turquoise and the blueprint colours.  In fact one year our Christmas card theme was teal because I was having one of ‘my phases’ with the colour teal lol.  Purple and peacock wasn’t a colour mix I’d used previously but now I adore and love it.

Playing and creating with tags and my much loved Bird Crazy stamp set is me being greedy, lol!  I was going through my folder of created by me backgrounds and the other folder of stamped by me images; some are coloured and some not.  The bird had been stamped and embossed onto Crafter’s Companion card and I coloured with my SNAT. 

The background on the tag is another Christmas present: a new Tim Holtz stencil and one that is going to be used an awful lot too: it’s so feminine and I love that it is so pretty.  I attached the stencil to a tag and I used Peacock Feather DIP to colour it.  I used a light wash of purple SNAT to add details to the border of the tag. 

The LOTV postcard stamp was stamped onto a white snippet, one wash of purple SNAT and dried, then a final wash of purple SNAT to which I added a smidge of Ranger Perfect Pearls iridescent purple mica to the mix.  I have a watery wash of white acrylic in one of my paint pots and I added it to the edges of the tag and left it to dry.

The purple blob on the postcard is one of the flowers from Tim Holtz flower garden stamp set, another experiment with white gesso and my SNAT.  The stamped details are missing and it’s not something I would use on a card but I thought it has awesome texture so added it too. texture.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon  ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp: Tim Holtz: Bird Crazy & Flower Garden stamp sets; LOTV vintage postcard stamp

Stencil: Tim Holtz layering stencil: Lace

Miscellaneous Tools: heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; ink blending tool & foam; Martha Stewart silicone mould

Supplies
Card Paper:
Tag; snippets Crafter’s Companion Centura Pearl snow white gold accents; snippet Bazzill card

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge set
Distress IP: Peacock Feathers
Versafine IP: Black
Ranger Perfect Pearls: interference violet
White acrylic paint
Cosmic Shimmer: black EP

Embellishments:
Air dry clay; ribbon #; Wild Orchid Crafts flowers; sequins; purple glitter #

Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; Versamark IP


# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 5 years old

12 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is a fabulous tag Karen and I really like the colour combination. It's also quite sweet the way the bird looks like he's reading the post card. You've achieved a great sense of depth with the layers that you've added and it's finished of beautifully with the embellishments. Wishing you a happy crafting weekend :)

An Occasional Genius said...

That sis a beautiful combination of colours Karen, I like it very much! Well done on using up some ribbon too, something I must do more of! xx

SARN said...

Fabulously creative tag Karen.Thanks for coming over to the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND with it.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Mrs A. said...

Love this Karen . The colours are so rich together and that darn bird is fab. Lots of texture gong on here. Hugs Mrs A.

Bobby said...

I had to smile at that crazy bird. He looks like he's enjoying the view of all the elements on your tag. Thanks for sharing him with us at ATSM this week.

Katelyn said...

Fun tag Karen. The bird is too cute! Thanks for joining us at Emerald Creek Dares!
-Katelyn DT member at Emerald Creek

Shona Chambers said...

This is fantastic and I can tell you loved creating it by all the details you've made. The bird looks amazing all shiny in black and love all the purple shading. So very glad you shared this with us at ATSM this week!

Sue said...

This is fab Karen, the colours do look wonderful together, and these birds make me smile! Thank you for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafs, and have a fab week. Sue xx

Toni said...

I love those crazy birds too! this one is perfect for your tag--love the embossing on it.!

Toni
HLS DT

Tanja said...

great tag - love the looks on the birds face - thanks for sharing your creation at the STAMPlorations Mixed Media Challenge

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

I think your crazy bird looks so handsome Karen! Love how you decorated him and also your tag is so beautiful. Thank you for playing along at STAMPlorations February Mixed Media Challenge. I know you will join us again next month and can't wait to see {smile}. Happy creating Karen!
Hugs&Smiles,
Asmah
STAMPlorations Mixed Media DT
Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

Linda said...

I love these Crazy birds .... fabulous tag too! Thank you for playing along with the HLS Mixed Media challenge. Linda xx