Monday, 22 February 2016

Time for Tim ...


Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week has started well.  Well I got time to play a little this past weekend and I plan to use these techniques again and again!  I loved them and here is my tag …

 
I love it! 
It is so good to be using some of my older stash too! 
  
So many lovely old embellishments 
I can't say this is my favourite so far as there are so many more I hope to play along with!  Thank you Tim!!!

There are only a few differences between what I used and Tim used are the colours I used and my embellishments.  I had so much fun, learnt several awesome techniques and because some of my stash is very old I finally found a way that I can use the tub of mat black Dreamweaver embossing paste, it dries to a dull finish and I don’t like it.  I thought I had ordered the glossy paste, and I must have had this some time too as I don’t remember using it more than once.  I can now use it with my old embossing powders too.  Whilst typing this post and idea popped into my head and now I’m wondering if I could use my UTEE with this paste?  I have a large-ish box full of UTEE powders so I think I now what I’ll be trying out next lol!

If you want to know how I created this please visit Tim’s post here.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x







Tools & Supplies
Stencil: Tim Holtz layering stencil: Lace

Miscellaneous Tools:
Ranger ink blending tool and foam
Martha Stewart Mould
Craft mat; heat tool; spray bottle of water; paintbrushes; palette knife

Card Paper:
Ranger Inkessentials Manila Card; snippet white card

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Tim Holtz Distress Stains: salty ocean; picked raspberry
Tim Holtz Distress ink pads: salty ocean; picked raspberry; dusty concord
Dreamweaver embossing paste: black #
Stamp N Stuff: gold EP #

Embellishments:
La Blanche Vintage rub on image #
Air dry clay; wooden flower #; Woodware chipboard heart #; pink ribbon bow (I altered the colour)

Adhesives/Mediums:
Funky foam; double sided tape; Collall all purpose glue

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 7 years old


9 comments:

Lori said...

What a beautiful image choice and the background you created is beautiful! Love the addition of the elements, especially that puffy heart!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Sorry I haven't visited for a while Karen, trying to comment and catch up with everyone all the time is just more than I manage at the moment. I've been keeping an eye on your creations via my blog list though and just had to pop in and say how wonderful this tag is. Your beautiful background and golden embossing is the perfect foil for this gorgeous vintage image and hearts, no wonder you are pleased with this too, it's beautiful.
Hope you are keeping well?
Lorraine

Lucy said...

Oh that is such as nice tag. I really like it when people really take off from the techniques on Tim's tags and make it their own. This is beautiful and unique.

Tracy Freeman said...

Hello lovely,
WOW this is beautiful, I sat here for ages looking at it it really is a stunning tag hun :)
Hope you are well ?? I'm doing ok thanks, had a few hurty days when i haven't been able to do much but going to hopefully get a few crafty days in this week, ~I love being in my room now it is all sorted.
lol i know what you meean about stash, I had a break from crafting for a few years and basically lost all my crafting stuff so had to start again, but I have to admit i have kep a couple of older bit thats i wont ever use but they just have sentimental value and i cannot part with them, sad i know !
The weather is meant to get very cold this week so make sure you stay wrapped up and look after yourself :)
Oh and btw thank you for following my better halfs blog
Sending lots of love and hugs xxxxx

The Bearded Bookworm said...

This is stunning! Really beautiful tag, love it :)

SARN said...

WOW - the detail is amazing. Totally amazing. LOVE this xxx

Sara Barker said...

Karen, this is a beautiful take on Tim's tag! I love your color palette and that gold embossing is so eye-catching! Hugs!

rachel said...

a great take on Tims theme Karen - lovely colours and I adore that lady! Hugs rachel x

Brenda said...

Wow, your tag looks amazing Karen! I love it! Hugs, Brenda