Monday, 15 February 2016

Watercolour and Gold W&W #6 ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week has started well.  I promise that the next few projects will not be me just using my new stash, lol, I apologise if I have bored you by using the same stencil on multiple posts.  I’ve another one to share today and then I will try and space them out a bit more.  So here is today’s card …

 
Back to A6
A final look



I am finding it so funny that I have been getting much inkier and using paint on most of my experiments yet when I want to create a card it has to be clean, as in no mucky prints or splodges unless I want them to have that.  This card had to be one layer and clean and simple and that’s still a struggle.  It’s because I am a klutz.  I struggle to keep the background clean with no paint or ink splattered.  I have to say though I am very proud of this one and the pink and white one I created recently, because they don’t have any paint drips and the sequins on today’s card are purely decorative lol!

As per my other posts where I’ve used Winnie and Walter products today’s card was created with the flower from the stencil set.  I am planning on finishing several projects and in between those drying I’ll play with the stamps that come with this huge set because those images are why I had to have these stamps: you and I need to be a little patient lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp: Winnie & Walter Happiest of Holidays stamp set

Stencil: Winnie & Walter Creative Screening Duo: The Big, The Bold and Extras

Miscellaneous Tools: paintbrushes; pipettes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafter’s Companion Centura Pearl snow white gold accents card

EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Beautifully Grunge and Essentials set
Adirondack IP: currant #

Embellishments: sequins

Adhesives/Mediums: Collall all purpose glue


# VOS +5 years and no longer available

13 comments:

brenda said...

First of all many thanks for you visit and lovely comments Karen, I really do appreciate it.

You mentioned Aqua Tints, these are one medium I have not succumbed to - yet, but my reserve is weakening when I see what you do with them.

I know exactly what you mean about wanting to switch to nice clean lines for some pieces of work, I think that's what makes it all such fun. The Rose in this card is lovely and the little scattered pearls all add to the elegance.

I keep reading about Winnie and Walter this week but have to confess I had never heard of them before so much go check them out.

B x

SARN said...

Lovely card Karen. Great sentiment. Love W&W stuff.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Teresa Kline said...

hello Karen! so pretty, the flower is stunning! so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Tracy Freeman said...

OOOOO i REALLY love this hun !!! gorgeous colours.
Hope all is well with you ??? All ok here.
Sending lots of hugs xxx

Brenda said...

Wow, this is a beautiful card Karen! Love how you did your rose, so pretty and those pearls just finish it off perfectly. You are free to use your new stash as often as you want, I never get bored at all seeing your creations. Hugs, Brenda

Beverley said...

So pretty, I love the subtle gold tones in the rose & the added sequins are a beautiful touch. Thanks for stopping by and commenting at Uniko. Hugs Bev x

Sammy said...

Beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Darnell J Knauss said...

You should be very proud of this beautiful CAS creation, Karen! It's stunning and very CLEAN!! BTW, we could NEVER be bored with your posts and your amazing talent! Hugs, Darnell

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Lovely card. I love the gold and rose color together. The sequins are the perfect embellishment. Thanks so much for linking up and playing with us at AAA cards.

maria f. said...

Such a pretty CASSY (CAS and messy :) card. Thanks for linking up in the gallery at the MMCC this month.

Sanna said...

lovely!! glad you joined in with us on this challenge!!!

Cazro said...

A very pretty card, super image. Thanks for joining us at Fantasty Stampers. Caz. DT

Houses Built of Cards said...

So pretty! LOVE that flower! Thanks so much for playing along with my Gold and Watercolor Challenge at Winnie and Walter!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com