Wednesday, 23 March 2016

A One Layer Sketchy ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  Today I have a one layer card to share with you and here it is …

 
An A6 one layer card
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Addicted to CAS Challenge #84 Delicate:
I didn’t completely ink the stencil because 
I wanted an open, clean and distressed OLC.
I love playing with my tools to create one layer distressed cards
CAS Mix Up Challenge March Stamping & Watercolour & Stencil
CAS on Sunday Challenge #79 Stencil It
That’s Crafty Challenge Red & Green Should Never Be Seen


When I created the lavender butterfly home décor piece I shared with you some of the Mixed Media Shabby Chic style Bloggers/Artistes that inspired me.  Today I wanted to give a shout out to some other Bloggers/Artistes that inspire me and they have also inspired me to try different styles.  These ladies create mixed media cards but their style is mixed media minimal layers or only one layer and not much in the way of embellishments either. 

I have to hold my hands up and say I have very elective taste lol! The first artiste is Shery.  The first time I saw some of Shery’s cards I was blown away.  My first thought was wow!  And then how the heck does she do that?  All those layers of ink on one layer, I was stunned.  Next up is the lovely and very talented artiste Becca, the name of her blog alone amused me then when I got to see how Becca distresses, again I was blown away.  And finally a lady that made it into my last shout out the lovely SarnSarn has been one of my lovely friends for a little while now and I love her journalling projects!  I also love Sarn’s cards too and I think they fall into the less is more category too.  I have to hold my hands up and say I have very elective taste lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do this soon  ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp: Stamplorations Stamps: Stamp Lab large Helenium; Trendy Butterflies stamp set
Stencil: Stamplorations Stamps: confetti circles
Miscellaneous Tools: Ink Blending Tool & Foam

Supplies
Card Paper: Crafter’s Companion Sheena Douglass card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Aqua Floral pen set: sunflower; begonia; bud green; meadow
Spectrum Noir Sparkle pen: Clear Overlay
Spectrum Noir AquaTints Landscape set: green
Adirondack IP: Lettuce
Adhesives/Mediums: Glossy Accents; Washi tape (to attach stencil)


16 comments:

Loll said...

Hi Karen. Great job with your one layer mixed media card. Amazing design, gorgeous watercoloured bloom, and love the stencil with the glossy accents for texture, depth and interest. Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

brenda said...

Another pretty card Karen and a super background.

B x

SARN said...

Ooh, loving your one layer inky flower and the glossy accents.
Thanks for the shout out. Mwah, mwah.

Happy Easter to you xxx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Beautiful, dreamy and a clever take on the challenge at ATCAS
Thanks for sharing. Sarah

Bonnie said...

What a gorgeous flower, Karen! A wonderful job of watercoloring! Love the way you've stenciled and added texture too! An awesome one layer card! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at CAS Mix Up!

Mrs A. said...

I love the shabby look you have created with your flower and love the colours. hugs Mrs A.

Sid said...

How unusual but very effective !!

Susan said...

Nice work! Thanks for sharing at CAS on Sunday!

Anjie said...

Fabulous make. Thanks for joining us in our Spring Delights challenge at Graph’It Markers Colouring Challenge
Anjie (DT)

Cara Caswell said...

So pretty!
Thanks for joining our colour crazy challenge at the Graph'it marker blog!
Hugs xx Cara xx

Scrappy Scatty said...

lovely creation Thank you for joining our Spring Colours Challenge over at Graph'It Colouring Challenge
xx

Brenda said...

What a beautiful spring card Karen! I love that flower, your watercoloring/mixed media is fabulous. And to think you kept it all one day too! I'm impressed my friend. Hugs, Brenda

Becca Cruger said...

Sniffle* Awwwww - your post touched me so much. I feel so flattered! I, too, am a huge fan of yours and just popped over to tell you how much I like the texture going on in your background. Thank you for your kindness! :) And thanks for playing along at STAMPlorations, too!

Ceal said...

Beautiful card! thanks for sharing with us at ATCAS!

Shery said...

Karen! I can't stop staring at that helenium you watercolored! The bloom/bleed effect you created makes those petals look so realistic! And thank you so much for the shout-out. Becca alerted me to it. (I have not been online much the past week or so with my baby and me both sick.) Thank you for your kind words :o)

Wei Wei Wang said...

Beautiful mixed media card! I adore this flower and the texture. Thank you for sharing at STAMPlorations!