Thursday, 17 March 2016

A second sketch ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well.  Another sketch card to share with you today and here it is …

  
Another A6 card, lots of lovely texture too!
Final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
  Addicted to Stamps & More Challenge #185 photo inspiration
Playing with stamps, stencils, ink and paints these are the things that make me happy
Allsorts Challenge #354 Spring is in the Air: lots of flowers and brighter colours
Spectrum Aqua pens were used to create background on the topper, and to colour the stamp; Spectrum Sparkle clear overlay pen on the flower and it looks wonderful but I couldn’t capture that in the photograph, grr!
I followed the sketch totally and my card has a little texture from the layers
That’s Crafty Challenge Stencils
The Ribbon Girl Challenge Anything Goes/Easter


Because I had a snippet of the background I created for this card on my desk and decided to use it immediately on a second card and for several challenges.  The background (bottom layer) was created when I first got this stencil.  I experimented a lot with different mediums with stencils and this one was one of those experiments, I used watercolour pencils and a damp brush to colour the teardrops and once they were dry I coloured the background with watercolour paints. 

Because I recently relocated the background I thought it would work with the snippet.  I inked up my stamp with my Spectrum Aqua pens and then stamped the flower onto the snippet.  I lightly sprayed the card with water and once dry I went over some of the petals with a Spectrum Sparkle clear pen.  I attached the background to a card before checking that it would all work together.  Of course it was a Murphy’s law moment because the topper jarred with the BG!  I ferreted through my snippets and found a slightly smaller than A6 piece of vellum.  I was scratching my head at this point but thankfully I had some wide ribbon that fit perfectly.  I love the way the vellum has diffused the background and the end result is something I want to remember and do again.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x








Tools
Stamp: Stamplorations Stamps Stamp Lab Large Helenium; sentiment from the Trendy Butterflies stamp set
Stencil: Stamplorations Stamps Teardrop Stencil; Tim Holtz Layering Stencil: Lace
Miscellaneous Tools: paintbrushes; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper: A5 300 gsm card; watercolour card; snippet vellum #; snippet Sheena Douglass card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Faber Castell watercolour pencils
Spectrum Aqua pens; Spectrum Sparkle clear pen
Embellishments: ribbon #
Adhesives/Mediums: Washi tape; Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape

# very old stash: no idea when or where purchased or if available to purchase now

14 comments:

Barb said...

I love your colours Karen. A lovely card. Barbxx

Mervi said...

Lovely card!
Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts
theme "Spring is in the Air!;-))m

rachel said...

wonderful colours and such a beautiful card Karen - love this to pieces! Hugs rachel x

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Di said...

Love this Karen! Fascinating to read the process to such a beautiful end result.

Lovely to see you in the Playground!

Hugs

Di xx

brenda said...

A really bright and happy Spring time card Karen and lovely watercolour effects, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

B x

Craftychris said...

Its a gorgeous card and it's fabulous to read how you arrived at the wonderful card! Thank you for your lovely comments and for following me. I am following you too! Take care! xxx

SARN said...

Simply LOVELY! xxx

Brenda said...

Gorgeous card Karen! I love the beautiful colors you have chosen, the flower is just stunning and I love that background. So much textures in this card. Hugs, Brenda

Tracy Freeman said...

Hello lovely, how are you ? sorry fro not being about much, the last week just got away from me.
This is beautiful, the background looks great and that flower !! there is so much lovely texture..just perfect !
Sending hugs xxx

Shona Chambers said...

Always so fun to experiment, especially when they turn out as fantastic as this!! Your flower is incredible and love the background thru the vellum. So very glad you shared this with us at ATSM this week!!

Bobby said...

I love the color showing through the vellum. It enhances that beautiful flower. Thanks for sharing your card at ATSM this week.

Julie B said...

Love the effect of the vellum overlay.
Thanks for sharing at STAMPlorations. :)

LauraJane:) said...

Nice texture. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations monthly challenge:)