Sunday, 27 March 2016

A Sketchy for Rudolph Day ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope you are having a lovely Easter time.  I have played some more with this gorgeous stamp set I love them!  This time I went the traditional route and created a Christmas card with this set and here is my card …

It's an A5 card!
Not too deep so good for posting
Some of that gorgeous shimmer will be on view soon!
The bits that look a little white are the shimmer!
 
You can see it a bit better above
Taa-daa the bling shot, I was so happy after I took this photo:
I captured the bling for a change lol!
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Addicted to Stamps & More Challenge #186 Anything Goes
Allsorts Challenge #356 Wings
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #356 Add Some Bling 
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge #274 Use a Sentiment
Penny Black & More Challenge Feature a Creature
Seven Hills Crafts Challenge Blog A Sketch I flipped it onto it’s side


I got to use up a lot of snippets and some rather old card and patterned paper.  The green and gold card must be more than ten years old and I don’t think the paper is that much younger.  The green card and snippet of patterned paper were from Craftwork Cards.  The gold card: I have no idea where or when I purchased that.  The resin embellishments in the middle of the poinsettias must be about the same age too.  The stamps and the twine are new.  The stamps were a recent blog hop win from the lovely Virginia (Winnie & Walter) and the twine is from my House of Cards team mate Ruza: mwah huni!  I won some stamps and twine from her blog candy.

Unusually I am happy with the photographs because some of the shimmer from the Spectrum Twinkle pens is visible and I am not sure how I managed that either.  I have had different brands of sparkle pens over the many years I have been paper crafting and these are, so far, my favourite, you can add as little or as much as you want and I can say that as I only own the clear overlay pens.  The Spectrum Sparkle colour pens are on my wish list lol!  I used my Spectrum Aqua pens to colour my stamped images, my Spectrum AquaTints to create the gorgeous inky panel, and Spectrum Twinkle to make this a little special and sparkly.  Christmas is the one time of the year that I am happy to add more sparkle lol!

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x








Tools
Stamp:
Winnie & Walter Stamps: Happiest of Holidays stamps set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug Die Cutter
Marianne Design: little poinsettias
Miscellaneous Tools:
Heat tool; paintbrushes; paint palette; water pot; pipettes; small sand paper block

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafter’s Companion Sheena Douglass card & snippets
Craftwork Cards Textured Card #; Craftwork Cards PP #
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Landscape
Spectrum Aqua pens; Spectrum Sparkle clear overlay
Embellishments:
Twine; resin embellishments #
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape

# VOS: very old stash and no idea if still available to purchase, min. 8 years old


22 comments:

scrappymo! said...

This card is so lovely, Karen.
I like the image and your aqua pen colour is so pretty.

Good fussy cutting too...

Thanks for taking part in the March Rudolph Days Challenge.

rachel said...

cute card Karen - loving the cardinal! Hugs rachel x

brenda said...

Another lovely creation Karen and well done on capturing the glitter, it is hard with photos.

Have a lovely Easter Sunday and many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More and Allsorts challenges.

B x

SARN said...

WOW - that's a beauty Karen. Fantastic looking Rudolph Day card.

Happy Easter to you.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card, and I love the shimmer you've given it.

Sue xx

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 274 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for March - I'd love to see it there too x

Jane Willis said...

Gorgeous card, and well done for capturing the bling in the photo, it's always difficult
Thank you for playing along at Rudolph Day
Jane
Rudolph Day DT

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous card Karen, lovely colours and great images.

Kath x

Craftychris said...

This is so gorgeous! Lots of lovely detail and sparkle! xxx

Megan J said...

Hi Karen, a gorgeous card love your cute little cardinals and all that sparkle, have a wonderful week... Megan

Heidi Stamps said...

Very sweet! I love that there are a few birds on the card because when I see cardinals there are usually a bunch all together. TFS!

Asha said...

What a lovely project, Karen! The added dimension is perfect. Hope you are well and had a lovely Easter break. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
x Asha

Brenda said...

What a beautiful card Karen! I am so loving your little cardinals and that sweet little bird house. The colors are beautiful, your water coloring is beautiful as well. Love your white shimmer dots, that just really makes the card! Hugs, Brenda

LesleyG said...

Lovely shimmery card xxx

Lydia said...

Such a beautiful card! Thank you so much for joining us at Seven Hills Crafts Sketch Challenge.

Mervi said...

Gorgeous card Karen, beautiful images.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts
and over at Penny Black and more;-))m

linda said...

this is beautiful holiday card karen, featuring some very lovely cardinals that add such a nice pop of red! thank you so much for playing along with us a penny black and more!
linda

Keren Baker said...

This is a pretty card- and such lovely colouring. I wish I'd started to get ahead with my Christmas cards- you're way ahead of me! Thanks for joining in with the Seven Hills Crafts challenge xx

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Whisper said...

Oooo what gorgeous birds and such a lovely scene too, thanks for joining us at March's Rudolf Challenge Days, Luv Sam x

Whisper said...

Oooo back again to say thanks for joining us Penny Black & More this month too, Luv Sam x

Lilian YF said...

So cute! Love the shimmer and cardinals!
Thank you for joining us at ATSM! And hope to see you again in the newest challenge!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio